Bright Eyes

Amelia's P.o.v.

The spider crawled up the wall, re-entering his web, a fly caught in its grasp.

I watched as the fly struggled, the spider approching quickly when it broke free and buzzed out of the den made of sticks and logs I was sitting in.

I had just woken up, my head was throbbing and I didn't know where I was but my bag was right next to me.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to renember what had happened but all I could remember was...seeing Caesar.
"Oh...shit...did I seriously get drunk?" I groaned and placed my hands on either side of my head with a frown.

"That's it...You're mental, Ami." I mumbled as I dragged my hands down my face.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes thinking about the things that had unraveled over the last few days and it all hit me in a huge wave.

...Maybe I wasn't so mental for getting drunk.

Just as I went to leave the room, an ape appeared before me, his brighr blue eyes were piercing and they were the first thing I noticed.

The second thing where the wounds on his chest.

This was Caesar's son.

But he looked like he had been crying, his eyes red and his cheeks wet.

I tilted my head in concern.

'My father...he knows you?' The young ape signed as I nodded slowly, waiting for a time to ask.

He paused so I took my chances.

'Whats your name?'

'Blue Eyes.'

'...Why were you crying?'

Blue Eyes paused at the sight of the concerned look on my face, his eyes mixed with confusion and sadness.

'My mother...she paused away only a few hours ago.'

My heart instantly filled with sadness and pity. This poor thing, him and Caesar must be torn.

I was never close to my mom and dad. I argued a lot, considering my age my parents always joked that I was trapped In the body of a little girl and was actually a teenager. I never really wanted to talk to them so I didnt know the connection that Blue Eyes must've had with his Mother but that didnt stop me from feeling sad for him.

'I'm really sorry, Blue eyes. Its a shame I never got to meet her.' I know it sounded cheesey but I didn't know what else to say. I was never good in situations like this.

I was a very restricted person, I kept people on the other side of the wall, I wasn't warm

But I couldn't have him hate me.

'Goodbye.' Blue Eyes signed sloppily as Caesar emerged, Blue Eyes jumped off into the trees.

We stood there in silence, Caesar was looking everywhere but me so I slid to the floor, resting my head against the wood.

His green eyes where brighter than ever.

I snapped my head up, the realization hitting me so hard that I squealed.

I jumped up, alarming Caesar as I ran over to him and emraced him tightly before pulling away to look at his eyes.

"Caesar! What did you do?" I yelled, causing him to stare at me with wide eyes.

"I can see!" I screamed with a shaky voice.

I hugged him tightly and let out a sigh.

"I am happy for...you." he said in a strained voice as I stepped away and flashed a weak smile.

I turned and picked up the bag, swinging it over my shoulder before turning towards the door once again.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm just going for a walk." I said with a lught hearted tone, one I haven't used for a while now before walking past Caesar.

Time to enjoy nature truly for first time in forever.