Awestruck

Amelia's P.o.v.

  I was still laying on the ground by the time the apes got back, Cornelius was asleep on my chest.

  I heard them approaching me as the footsteps thudded towards me and came to a halt suddenly.

  I felt Blue Eyes scoop the baby off my chest before he bent over and looked at me.

  'What are you doing on the ground?' Blue Eyes signed to me.

  "Contemplating my existence."

  He tilted his head slightly as I sat up and watched Cornelius chirping in Blue Eye's arms.

  I smiled and stood up, giving the wind an opportunity to slap me in the face and twist around my hair. The sun hadn't come out but the rain was still sprinkling and my shorts were officially soaked.

  'You should change. You don't want to get sick.' Blue signed to me as I flashed a smile.

  "Okay, I'll be back."

  I pushed passed Blue and through the small group of apes towards the small den like place that I had set my bag down in.

  It smelled of rain and pine trees, like the woods me and Will would go to in Autumn. I breathed in the scent and smile, my mind filling with old memories of when I was young. When it as warm...when did everything go cold?

  I stepped into the den and snatched my bag off the floor, opening it up quickly. My legs were freezing.

  I picked through Grace's clothes, trying to find some form of pants underneath all of the shorts but it wasn't working out the best.

  I pulled out a black sweater and laid it down aside the blue jean shorts I picked out, the warmest shorts that I had at the moment.

  I slipped into the shorts and tossed the wet ones toward the corner with no hesitation.

  The shorts ended probably 3 inches above mid-thigh.

  "Wow Grace, thank you for picking out the appropriate clothes for this situation." I said aloud and laughed slightly as I pulled off my jacket and shirt.

  The cold air rubbed up my body and sent shivers up my spine when suddenly a voice broke the silence.

  "Amelia?"

  I jumped and covered my chest with the sweater as Caesar emerged from the trees, entering the den silently.

  We stood there awkwardly for a good 10 seconds before I cleared my throat and removed the sweater from my chest.

  "I'm just gonna, ya know, put this on." I said awkwardly and swiftly pulled the sweater over my head.

   It was tighter than I imagined.

  'I just bursted in, I'm sorry.' Caesar signed to me after a moment of silence, the awkwardness lifting slightly while I watched Caesars expression.

  I smiled and quickly walked over, grasping his hands in mine before I leaned in and slowly kissed him.

  He brought his hand to my face and gently laid it on my cheek, his hands were warm while mine were cold.

  Caesar pulled away and I watched as something flickered in his green eyes. They were so deep, I felt like I would fall in.

  "When I first met you I was young," I whispered as he grazed my cheek softly with his hand. "I thought of you as my brothers friend, as my friend..." I trailed off and watched him tuck his head in the crook of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

  "This is not what I expected would come from that." I said with a nervous chuckle.

  Caesar pulled his head out and planting another kiss on my lips before he turned towards the door with a mischievous smile.

  'I need to go meet the humans, introduce them to their work space,' He signed as he reached the door and turned back to look at me one last time. 'I'll be back.'

  He walked out of the entrance and I took a hesitant step forward.

  "S-Stay safe!" I called to him as he turned back and gave a small smile.

  'I love you.' He signed before walking away, leaving me in awe of what had just happened.

No picture today, I couldn't find one to match the setting :p
The writing could have been better so I probably will edit some stuff in the future but yeaaah we'll see...^-^
Anyways, enjoy! ✌✌✌