Heartfelt

Amelia's P.o.v.

  I stared at the entrance to the Ape's home, watching the water drip from the logs and listening to the mud squish underneath my black shoes.

  I watched the small bugs crawl along the wooden entrance and listened to the birds sing in the deep forest.

  The weather had grown cold and I felt the rain begin to fall on my face.

  "Oh, nope." I muttered and started back towards the Home slowly.

  I was already freezing considering the fact that I still had my black jean shorts on so I didn't want to get caught in the rain.

  I proceeded to make my way up the hill of mud and rain when something caught my eye off a little ways. It was a baby! But not a Hunan baby, a baby ape. And he was adorable.

  "Oh hey honey! Come here." I said in a soft tone as the ape emerged clearly from the underbrush.

  He came up to me very slowly, obviously cautious but what else could I except, he'd probably never seen a human before.

  He stopped at my feet and I scooped him up quickly, his small body felt like it weighed as much as a kitten.

  "Okay, hi~" I purred and began to walk back.

  The rain was picking up so I shielded the small Ape with my arm as he made small chirping sounds and grabbed at my fingers.

  I flashed a smile and brushed my bangs out of my eyes. I looked up at the sky and noticed the sky was turning dark.

  "And here we are! You're home!" I said in a cheery voice and looked down at the baby with care.

  "Human lies!"

  I jumped at the sound of the loud scary voice and turned towards where it had come from.

  Off a little ways stood a group of apes that were surrounding something...a man? Why would a man be here?

  He was talking, speaking to Caesar who was standing high and mighty on his rock.

  I watched him in admiration as he listened to what the human was saying, his face was full of leadership. And if gave me butterflies.

  The apes fell silent as Caesar raised his hand, signalling to the human man on floor and saying something that I couldn't make out before he jumped off the rick and the rest of the apes followed the man reluctantly.

  Caesar turned towards me and looked down at the baby in my arms before walking towards us.

  'This is my youngest son. Cornelius.'

  I smiled and went to hand Cornelius to him but he waved his hand and smiled slightly.

  'Watch him until I'm back.' He signed as I nodded silently.

  "Okay. Where are you going?"

  'The human who was just here, Malcolm, he says that there is some place he needs to show me. Koba thinks its all lies but we'll see.' He signed and pointed towards an ape behind him.

  The ape was scarier than the rest, his face was mutilated with scars all up and down his face and it made me uneasy.

  "That's Koba?" I asked with a nervous chuckle.

  'Yes. Harmless if you don't threaten him, he is...not fond of humans.'

  I chuckled again as Caesar shuffled and turned towards the rest of the apes who were occasionally looking back towards me and Caesar.

  "Okay well...you should probably go then." I laughed as he nodded and smiled at Cornelius.

  Caesar hesitantly turned around and took a few steps forward before tuning around quickly and kissed me.

  I froze as he turned away slowly and trotted towards the rest of the apes.

  I looked around and saw no one else around me but Cornelius in my arms so I set him down gently, took a few steps back and squealed like a 8 year old girl.

  I plopped down on the floor and watched Cornelius climb up onto my thighs and sit down, making small chirping noises all the way.

  "You wanna know something. Corni?" I asked and swooped the baby up into the air with a smile.

  "Your Dad," I laughed and laid on my back, still keeping the baby up in the air. "Might have earned some of my heart."

Short chapter, my apologies.
But can we just take a moment and talk about how fucking sad War For The Planet Of The Apes was? Like what the heck.
It was still a amazing movie but a depressed one home the less.
Anyways hope it was good enough lol.