Coeur Brisé

A/n: This is my favorite song and I've been trying to find a chapter to slip this into and I finally found one that fits perfectly with the chapter.

Amelia's P.o.v.

  "Keep a straight face."

  The sun was playing peek-a-boo behind the clouds but it stayed prominent through the windows on the ceiling.

  "Don't look up, it's fine."

  I proceeded to sketch in the notebook, its pages wrinkled from being wet and dried multiple times over the years.

  The flowers were some of the best I had drawn in a while, I was quite proud of the shading and details I had put into them.

  I tapped the notebook in boredom and watched the people shuffle around in silence. They were probably still getting over the fight that had just exploded. Even if it was 20 minuets ago.

  I stood up and tucked the notebook under my arm before turning out of the building and closing the door silently behind me.

  The wind was cold and the sun was disappearing completely behind all of the clouds. The sky was darkening.

  "Amelia?"

  I turned around with a blank expression, looking Ellie in the face. She looked concerned.

  "Yes?"

  "We need to talk. Can I walk with you?" She stepped forward and I shrugged, turning away and was walking next to her silently.

  A few minuets of silence paused before she opened her mouth and looked at me.

  "I think that you should come with us. Back to our community."

  I stopped, tilting my head at her with a confused expression. She shuffled on her feet and adjusted the bag on her back.

  "...What?"

  "We think its for the best! That you're better off with people and medicine and all the supplies that a growing girl needs. And plus, you're young and you are more unprotected in the wild." She ranted as I raised my eyebrows.

  "Wait, wait, wait...we?"

  "Yes, Me, Malcolm and Alexander. We think...we think it would be safer." She said in a hush voice.

  "I...I can't go with you, I have people I need to take care of here." I said and turned my head towards the direction of the ape's home.

  "Hey just...just think about it okay?" She gave me a heartfelt smile and patted my shoulder.

  Ellie turned back to the dam and walked back into the direction, leaving me to stand there with too much weight on my shoulders. Alone.

  I sat up against the tree, snapping the rubber band around my wrist while I thought deeply.

  I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled the rubber band up higher before I let it go and allowed it to strike my wrists. I felt the blood slowly begin to trickle and make its way down my wrist. I hesitated but I didn't stop.

  "Maybe...you should go with them?"

  "I can't to that."

  "Why not? Because you loooove someone? We all know how that turns out. Cheesy, Cheesy but its true. You need to leave before you can get too attached."

  I opened my eyes slowly as footsteps approached where I was sitting and I hid my wrist under my thigh.

  I smiled up at Caesar with tired eyes, his face unreadable Burr he eyes mixed with plenty of emotions.

  He sat down in front of me, a silence falling between us before I noticed the frown that had appeared on his face.

  "What?"

  '...You're going to leave with the humans. Aren't you?'

  My eyes shot up and locked with his, gazing into the emotions that were beginning to become more visible.

  "I...I don't know yet..." My voice was low, I felt the tears coming to the brim of my eyes and I was trying to hold them in but it was so hard.

   'Why do you want to leave?"

   I opened my mouth and quickly closed it again. I didn't want to tell him why, I didn't want to tell him my stupid reasons why. What was I even supposed to say? I want to leave because I love you? Because I don't want to get too attached to someone I could loose in a heartbeat.

  I loved him.

  I could admit that.

  But not out loud.

  "I...I don't know. I can't... Answer that."

  He opened his hand, revealing a bracket that looked hand made. Its string was brown and almost looked leather. It was pretty.

  Caesar leaned forward, tying it around my wrist quickly before kissing me gently. I closed my eyes and kissed him longer, pulling away with a sigh.

  He stood up, refusing to look me in the eyes and turning back towards the way he had came.

  "Go."

  "What?"

  "If you'll be safe...then...you can go."

  I looked down at my notebook and with shaking hands I tore the flowers out of it, handing it up to him.

  He looked down at me with a sad smile and pulled my wrist up towards his face, kissing what would soon be bloody bruises. He dropped my hand back onto my lap.

  "Stay safe, Amelia...Just remember...I love you."

   He disappeared into the trees and I sat there my mouth open slightly as the tears rolled silently down my face. The rain began to fall and the sky began to descend.

  I looked at the sky and stood up, turning towards the dam while the tears still rolled down my cheeks.

  I approached the dam just in time to see Ellie standing by the door.

  Her eyes landed on me and instantly filled with concern at the sight if my tears.

  "Amelia! Are you okay?"

  I brushed the tears out of my face and looked at her with a serious expression, trying to keep the emotions from etching across my face.

  I squeezed my arms around my chest and let out a sigh before turning towards Ellie with an utterly fake smile.

  "Ok...I'll go with you."