S'il Vous Plaît

Amelia's P.o.v.

  "We need to go look." I demanded charging off towards the blurry outline of the trees, my legs scraping throughout the under brushes as I entered the wet woods.

  "Ami, stop it, come back!" Grace called from behind me as I proceeded to march along the rock trail that would soon lead me into the depth of the woods.

  "Someone could be hurt, we need to see if we can help." I protested as Grace jogged up next to me trying to keep up with my while I tried to keep from falling over.

  "That isn't our concern, Amelia! We could be attacked as well, we're putting our own lives at risk for no reason!" She argued as I rolled my eyes and brushed my bangs out of my face.

  "It is a reason, not to you, but it is to me. Feel free to leave if you want to, I don't care, I'll go it alone if I must."

  "Really? You really wanna talk about the last time I let you go off into uncertain danger by yourself?" Grace asked in a quieter voice, it lingered with memories from our moments together.

  "That was different, Gracie. We we're in a group then, they were unstable."

  "You could've died, Ami!"

  "This times different."

  "Well I'm not making that mistake twice." She said in a serious tone she rarely has and gripped my upper arm tightly.

  I stopped and closed my eyes before turning towards her.

  "You don't know how important this is to me."

  "So tell me," Grace pleaded and let go of my arm. "What did we promise each other when we left the group? We wouldn't keep secrets ever again. Because they can lead to what happened before. So tell me, Ami. Why is finding the sorce of all this si damn Important to you?"

  I felt myself smile at the memories I shared with Grace when we were younger. I probably met Grace 8 or 9 months after I got seperated from my brother so when I was 10. She helped me look for him for months on end.

   We both got joined in by a group that had at least 9 more people. We left that group at age 14 and the only two alive that we know of. We saw stuff that no one at that age should see, we did things that no one at that age should do...but long story short we left together. And we made a pact.

  We promised each other that we would never ever ever keep secrets from each other. Because that's what tore our entire group apart.

  I even remember carving it deep down into a tree in the woods we were in right now. We might even be close to it, who knows.

  I allowed myself to sink to the floor and I wrapped my arms around my legs, resting my head on my knees. Grace rested her head on her hands and gave a gentle smile.

  I breathed in deep.

  "Gracie, you remember when we first met and all I wanted to do was find my brother and his, uh, son persay,...Caesar?" 
  I watched her nod slowly before she sat up and waved her hand, signaling for me to go on.

  "Well...you know how I just ruled it out as them both being dead?" I asked as I voice shaked slightly and my eyes watered up. I opened .y mouth slightly before closing it again. Why did my mind do this? Why was I still sad, its been 7 years.

  "Yes..." Grace responded, her voice slow as she tilted her head slightly, her shoulder length purple hair shifting.

  "And how I never told you anymore Caesar than he was technically Will's son? Well that's because he's an ape. And he's very much alive..." I trailed off before turning towards Grace who was frozen in place.

  "And I would've told you! Its just that when we first met I didn't know if you would leave or something because I was scared for an Ape and-

  "Why would I leave?" She asked, her voice hinting with annoyance.

  "I don't know, Why wouldn't you?" I snapped at her before instantly regretting my deduction.

  "I'm sorry Grace. I'm just exhausted and was hit with a lot of stuff today, I'm Just..." I leaned down and rested my head on the fallen leaves before closing my eyes. "Tired."

  "Mentally or Physically?"

  "...Yes."

  I felt Grace lay her head down on my thighs before she sighed.

  "Let's just sleep and chill forever, okay?" Grace asked as I smiled.

  "Yeah. Ok."

  And that's where we slept, enjoying the peace while we could because God knows that It wouldn't last forever.