Protected

Amelia's P.o.v.

  "Favorite Color?z"

  'Green.'

  "Favorite Season?"

  'Spring.'

  "Rain or Sun?"

  '...In the middle.'

  I nodded at Blue Eyes and continued to think of more questions to ask him as I walled.

  I was walking, holding the horse by it's reigns while Blue sat on his horse and gripped Cornelius firmly in his grasp.

  The young ape cooed and squirming around in Blue's grasp. I smiled.

  "Favorite animal, besides an Ape." I joked awkwardly as Blue smiled slightly and thought.

  '...Deer. Peaceful.'

  I nodded in agreement as the water came into view, humans could be seen working on the damn and other apes were seen on horseback.

  I inhaled sharply and my heart skipped a beep. Of course Caesar was here, why wouldn't he be?

  I hadn't seen him sense yesterday, sense the encounter in the den I had been staying in.

  "Have you met the humans yet?" I asked Blue and tilted my head slightly.

  Blue shook his head and frowned, clearly uncomfortable with the presence of more people.

  "Well, I'm as uncomfortable as you." I whispered and smiled at him as we made our way over Caesar and the others.

  I stood aside Blue, My eyes picking over the people that were sitting on the damn and messing around with tools.

  "Amelia."

  I jumped and turned towards the source of the voice.

  Caesar was watching me, his eyes squinted slightly as I smiled.

  'You look uncomfortable, are you ok?' He signed with a curious expression.

  I nodded and my smile faded a little.

  'I'm just...in a mood' I signed back and plastered a smile onto my face.

  He smiled at me before it was interrupted by a large eruption from underground. 

  My knees wobbled and I felt myself begin to fall when suddenly Caesar gripped my upper arm and yanked me up onto my horse.

  "Oh, Thank you!" I purred and smiled at him.

  He smiled back before stepping down from his horse.

  'I need to go see what that was; watch the horses,' He signed to me and grabbed Cornelius from Blue's arms. 'And my son.'

  I leaned down, stealing Corni from Caesar and planting a kiss on his cheek.

  "You got it." I said and held the adorable baby up in the air.

  I heard them walk off as I smiled and brought Corni down from the air, watching him chirp.

  "I'm gonna steal you, your mine now, I hope you know that."

  "What happened?" I asked as Caesar came back with other apes and people covered in cuts and dirt.

  'Set off a bomb, they got trapped under the rocks.'

  "Ah." I said and handed Corni over to Blue with a smile.

  I watched a women tend to some people, the man sitting I'm front of her was covered in dirt. The teenager next to her must've been her son.

  I rode my horse up next to Caesar and watched the mixed emotions unfold on his face.

  "Do you trust them?" I asked him as he turned towards me and shrugged.

  'Don't know them well enough yet, I can't say'

  I nodded and out of the corner of my eye I could see Cornelius jump out of Blue's arms and run towards the woman.

  I hesitated before I jumped off my horse and sped walked over towards the people.

  I stopped a few feet behind the people and watched as Cornelius climbed on the women's shoulder and onto the teenage boys lap.

  He climbed drown the boys leg and played around with his sneakers. I smiled...before my eyes caught the dirt covered mans expression and I felt nervous. He had so much hate on his face.

  My eyes squinted at him before I turned my attention back towards Cornelius as he climbed into a tool chest. That's when it caught my eye. A gun? Why did he have a gun, why would he need a gun?

  "Hey! Hey! Get out of there!" The man screamed and went to strike Cornelius.

  Me and Blue jumped, running towards the man. Blue threw the man to the floor and I swept Cornelius up into my arms, watching the events go on before me.

  My eyes widened and I stepped forward as the man pulled the gun on Blue

  "I'll kill you, I swear to God-"

  I kicked his leg quickly, watching him crumble to the floor as Caesar pulled the gun from his grasp and held it up in the air, ready to strike him.

  "Don't! Don't, Caesar, No!" Another man called from behind us as I pulled Cornelius closer to my chest.

  "Said...No...Guns." Caesar mumbled and pointed the gun at the man who had kept him from harming the other.

  He aimed the gun at everyone, pointing it at them like he might shoot them and they were scared, you could see it in there body motions. Caesar looked at the gun one last time before he chucked it into the water and looked back at the man who I assumed was the leader of the group.

  "I didn't know," The leader said and watched as Caesar came closer to him.

  "Humans leave now!" Caesar yelled and took Cornelius from my arms. They ran of with the horses and I watched as Blue eyes stopped and waited for my at the bank of the water.

  I turned around briefly and was greeted by the man who had tried to kill Blue. He was too close for comfort, about 7 inches from my face. I watched him with anger filled eyes.

  "Why are you with them? There animals, Monsters?" He asked and I could sense the anger and confusion in his voice.

  "You say they're monsters, But they're more kind than you, more stable than you, stronger. You say they're monsters so...what does that make you?" I asked and tilted my head slightly before I turned and followed Blue into the trees.

  'You protected us even though its not your duty. Thank you.' Blue signed after a moment of silence.

  I smiled.

  "I care for you guys. You're family."