Back

Amelia's P.o.v.

"This is bullshit!"

I watched with a slight smile as they gripped the man (who's name I found out was Carver, by the way) and yanked him away from their camp grounds.

He was aggressive, clearly pissed about the situation but if they wanted their electricity than he could get over it.

I snapped my rubber band around my wrist and watched the female Doctor, Ellie, gather her stuff and assist the boy Alexander who I had found out was her step son.

My wrist began to turn red as I proceeded to snap the band, not really paying attention to what I was doing until Blue grabbed my hand to stop my from doing it again.

He looked at me with concern and I waved it off with ease.

"Just a thing I do, nothing to worry about."

'Are you stressed?'

I smiled at the sight of concern on his face.

"I'm OK, Blue."

A silence fell between is as we followed the mixed crowd of apes and people into the woods and back towards the dam.

'...How do you feel about the humans being here?'

I shrugged and brushed my bangs out of my face, looking over at Blue and trying to read his expressions.

"I've only been around one human for the past five years or so and its just...weird..." I snapped out of my daze and cleared my throat. "What 'bout you? How do you feel about it?"

'Not very great. Koba, he says their all dangerous, evil. Don't think all of them are but...these ones I can't trust.'

I nodded and in slight agreement as I came to a stop in front of the dam.

"You're gonna go back? Don't wanna help, huh?" I said with a laugh as he nodded and hopped up onto his horse.

"Don't worry I feel the same."

I stepped into the cold metal building and squeezed my sweater closer to my body.

I sniffles and remembered I hadn't taken the pills Ellie had given me the previous day.

I was just distract was all...with Caesar and that stuff...

I snapped out of my state of blushing as a hand gently tapped my shoulder.

I flipped around and was created by the face of Ellie who was holding out a small paper bag.

"Here, uh, Amelia? Right? Its some refills, for your sickness and some other stuff..."

"What is it? You're debating on saying something, what's up?"

She raised her eyebrows in surprise, what, was she surprised I was observant?

"Oh! Its just I was thinking if your cough didn't get better...and the way your feverish and chilly I thought you might have a-a certain sickness. I don't think its that important right now but if-"

We both jumped at the sound of Koba yelling, her hands instantly swinging in front of me like the instinct of a mother.

She looked at me, embarrassed, and put her arm down before we both turned our attention back to Koba.

We looked just in time to see Alexander be pushed to the ground by Koba, Malcolm rushing over to his aid.

"What the fuck?!" I snapped aggressively and ran over to make sure he was alright.

Koba growled at us, stepping closer before Maurice intervened and stepped in front like a protective parent.

"Where's Caesar? Want Caesar. Caesar!" Koba yelled as other apes came around and I helped Alexander up off the metal floor.

"Are you ok?" I whispered as he nodded and gestured over to Caesar who had stepped into the building silently.

"Humans attacked your sons. You let them stay?! Put apes in danger! Caesar love humans more than apes!" Koba was yelling at this point and was very close to Caesar who's facial expressions I wasn't able to read..up until these words fell out of Koba's mouth.

"More than your sons!"

I watched Caesar's eyes flick to Blue, who was watching the argument rather intensely. And it filled his eyes with anger.

Me and Alexander both jumped as Caesar pounced onto Koba and so the fight began.

The pounded on each other, clawing and punching each other with such force I thought that one of them might be killed.

Caesar got up onto Koba's chest, slamming onto his chest and face hard, pure anger was behind his actions and I wasn't sure if he was fully aware of what he was doing.

Wait, was he strangling him?

I steppes forward, catching the attention of Caesar and making eye contact. It seemed like minuets had passed before he looked away and stood up, towering over Koba like a giant as he laid blood covered on the cool metal surface.

"Ape not kill ape." He breathed with ease before glancing around the room silently.

Koba kneeled up, holding his hand out to Caesar and asked for forgiveness. And surprisingly enough...Caesar gave it to him.

Koba scurried out of the room, the hate not leaving his face as he did so.

That's when I looked down and felt all the protection around me. Alexander was standing tightly by my side, his head raised and he looked like a loyal dog. Ellie had one hand gripping my upper arm and the other in front of my chest like she didn't want me to step forward.

Why were they protecting me? I wasn't a part of their group. Was it cause I'm human?

My eyes flashed up and I caught Caesars stare. He locked eyes with me before he saw the cage these people had built around me.

Something flickered in his eyes and he looked at me one last time before he too, left the building.