Flashback - Part 4

I don't even know why am I writing the second chapter today. Maybe I am too excited to tell you what happens on the date?

Alec was driving me to the place, I didn't know about. His face was glum - ridden I don't know what had struck him. I surely knew he didn't love me, because he had confessed liking Riley a few months ago and that is why I was determined to make it move on.

Riley was one person I despised the most. She had always tried to be mean to me and nothing else. And same went for Harvin he was always mean to Alec but after all this, they were getting better.

I was about to ask him the reason he was upset when he told " stop thinking Clare, I am upset, but things are getting better and if tonight turns out to be positive, then you will return with a wide grin, the grin I love to see on that pretty face of yours." My heart had just skipped a beat. OMG! Is this my BFF?

I hadn't noticed till he kissed my forehead and told me goodbye  that the car had come to a stop. We had reached my destination,  it was the same place I had gone for my first date but this time it was decorated with fairy lights all over. "wow" I gasped. There stood Harvin in a black tux that complimented his brown hair and green eyes so well.

As soon as I got off the car, Alec drove away. It pained to see him like that. But I couldn't help. I really liked Harvin and wanted to move on from Alexis. I had to so something after all.

As usually we savored our delicious dinner, which came barring a lot of compliments from Harvin. We also went for our usual walk and this time it started to rain, reminding me of our first date. But this time we didn't drive away....

Harvin had some other plans, he took me too another beautifully lit place within the boundaries of the park which was unknown to me for so long. He made me stand at one place, held both my hands and waited for me to get out of my awe.

And, then what happened shocked me. I wasnt expecting this at all.
He said " Blythe I like you since we were kids and that is the reason I used to bully, just for that bit of attention, I know that was a stupid move, but that's all in the past now . I despise Alexis because you were and are so close to him, but one thing that I have learnt in all these years is you both are inseparable. " he chuckles at the end to hide his nervousness.
" So, coming to the point. I just want to ask you one simple question, just say yes or no. Will you be mine? I mean will you be my girlfriend? "

I was still in shock, the person who bullied me all through elementary and middle school was asking me to be his girlfriend? This is new now.

What I  said the thing that shocked me even more.
" yes, I will be your girlfriend "

What the hell did I just do!

But what he told me next  left me astounded.

" I know you like Alexis but my love will be enough for us both " and then he pulled me into a hug. But it didn't feel as comforting as Alexis s but I will get used to it.

I couldn't wait to tell this to Alec and with this thought I and Harvin returned home. He kissed me on my forehead and hugged me goodbye.

But I felt something tug at the bottom of heart and asked " why are you doing this Bae, you don't need to, just go and tell Alexis, rather than doing this. You don't need to move on."
While the other majority screeched and screamed " she needs this. "

I didn't see Alexis waiting at my porch like he always did, no. But I saw the light in my room on and him pacing from side to side . Means he was thinking. I told goodbye to Harvin and ran to my room. When I entered, I got another surprise.

First he asked me if I said yes to Harvin or no and then he gave me the news that surprised me.
" I proposed to Riley and she said yes "

And a huge grin took over his face.
" well, even I said yes to harvin"

" That's great, finally you are someone's girlfriend, huff, I thought you will die single. "

And we engulfed each other in a hug and from then on the our friendship took  a u-turn. It turned everything upside - down.

Hey guys! Sorry for leaving this story on a cliff hanger. I really think it's the favorite part of my story.

Love,
Pranati