Flashback - Part 9

I didn't update yesterday because there were some issues with Wattpad... So sorry...

Alexis s pov,

She said something I never expected to hear  from Riley. She asked me to chose, between her and Clare. Didn't she fear rejection? I liked her, I liked her a lot but I wouldn't lose somebody as important as Clare for her . I needed convince her for not making me do this. I can't chose between them,I just can't. I knew if she pushed my buttons too much then I will choose Clare, no doubt about that. I won't lose a 16 year old friendship for a year old girlfriend.

I argued against it, I argued a lot but we reached to the conclusion, that we'll have to breakup if I don't. I will do anything to save our failing relationship but if it included losing my best friend in the process, then I might just give up.

I needed to talk to Clare. The first thing I did after reaching was search for her, but she was nowhere to be seen. I waited but with every passing second my mood deteriorated.

Finally I saw her. Her face gleaming with curiosity. Maybe even she was finding me, like I was finding her. I tried to produce a smile, but what I produced was surely wasn't one like it. She hurried up to me, and asked me what had happened.

I had no words to describe, I didn't want to do this. But my silence will only make her more anxious. So I told her. But her answer left me astonished. I didn't expect that. Out of all the possible things she could say, I didnt expect that.

" Choose her "

These words came out of her mouth as if they were practiced, as if it was normal for her to say this. As if she knew this was coming. Was she okay with all of this?

But her next action made me take my words back.

She ran away. Before I could see her crying. I wanted to chase after her, make her stop. Wipe her tears away, but I stood frozen to that spot. I couldn't move. I couldnt comprehend what she said. Those words kept ringing in my head.

No, wait  she didn't know what Riley did by making me choose. Does she think that Riley is more important to me than she is? Oh my God! How am I going to convince her. I got to do something. Something quick.

I ran behind her, but she was already long gone. I felt so incomplete when I had abandoned her for one Saturday night and those few weeks I didn't sit with her  during lunch, the times I ain't driving her to school, it made me feel incomplete. It made me miss that smile I saw every morning , the tantrums hse threw during luch when she didnt like what was onthe menu that day or they she had to be carried up the stairs after she was too drunk on saturdays .

I have had the best times when I was with her. Memories with Riley aren't even a competition. I missed her. I regretted telling her this. I hated the fact that I was still standing here and not, chasing her and not telling her all this, not telling her how I felt.

I won't choose and if I will have to, I will choose her. Even at the cost of breaking up with Riley. I had to chose her.

Hey people! I can't believe we have reached 500 reads. I am so overwhelmed by the response. Keep reading! Keep loving me and keep voting! Goodbye...