Flashback - Part 7

One request to all of you, please take this book to 100 vote ASAP . Please, pretty please.

Two weeks later....

Two weeks had passed. I had gone from angry to hurt to frustrated to angry again. Alexis was grieving on that incident for so long now. I felt bad for him but at the same time I wanted him know that forgiveness was not coming easily this time.

There was only one benefit of living a few doors away from him. Everyday I noticed that he used to stay awake almost every night and the remainder of the same were the dark bags under his beautiful eyes. I knew it that he won't sleep on a fight, not with me atleast but I hadnt expected that he will hardly sleep for straight 2 weeks, well neither did I.

My heart pleaded me to end this fight with him but my brain ordered me not to. And this time I was siding by my brain, because listening to my heart hurt too much. And anyways broken things give feeble decisions.

One thing I noticed last weekend was that Alexis didn't invite Riley over the entire weekend. In fact, on Saturday the light of his room was on the entire night. Maybe he was actually feeling guilty about the debacle, but forgiveness won't come easy for him this time.

He had come back to our table, for the first few days of his return I sat on the same table but later  I sat on a different one, just for avoiding Alexis because I knew I will forgive him sooner if I sat with him. But resistance wasn't my piece of cake so I too returned. Yes, just one Saturday night had hurt me so much. But I still wasn't talking to him.

One thing that was really difficult for him was calling me by my name. He called me Clare from the day we became friends. At first because he couldnt pronounce and by the time he could he was used to Clare.

I knew very well not being allowed to do so was just a low blow. I could see shock written all over his face when  I told him to call me Blythe and not Clare. But I can't help it, he lost that right himself. I was just holding onto a stab in my heart out of all the others. Nothing else.

Harvin and Chloe did try convincing me to befriend him again. This time the hurt was too deep. It had annihilated me, well what was left of me .He had promised me to never abandon me for anyone, he broke it and then, ditched  our Saturday night for someone else.

Today was again one of those days, I ignored him, I had driven to school with Harvin and was planning to do the same on my way back. I was the same cold person during lunch whose only objective was to eat. I was about to hop into Harvin s car for a ride back home but today I felt a strong hand getting grip on my wrist. I knew this game way too well to fall for it again.Alexis.

" Clare, enough is enough, I apologized to you for that Saturday night. please don't act as if I am a stranger. I didn't want this to happen, really. I didn't want to abandon you but I don't know how Riley made me do this. Made me stay over that Saturday night  please forgive me. "

" first of all, there is no Clare here. The person you are talking to is named Blythe and she isn't the one who abandoned you. It was you who didn't come to our table for a week and then ditched our Saturday night for that girlfriend of yours and sorry but need to go home. So you may have leave. " I finished.

But as I turned around I realized that Harvin has already driven away. Another realization hit me when I saw that smirk playing on his Alexis' face. This was all a plan to make me go home with Alexis. All a conspiracy to apologize. He knew I had no other way to reach home but with him.

" Need a drive home? " he asked innocently, but I knew what was going on in his mind. I hate him for having this influence on me.

Without saying another word, I sat in his car. From the side mirror I saw him and Riley arguing, knowing very well that the topic was me I smiled to myself. Take that bitch. He still cares for me. Now that was relief.

This was probably the longest ride of my life butafter he dropped me it still wasn't over for Alexis. He was determined to make me forgive him. I dropped my bag on the sofa and climbed up the stairs that led to my room, with Alexis following me at each step. But when I entered my room, I gasped at the sight in front of me.

My bed was full of food, my favorite ice cream and drinks. In the center of it all was a huge teddy bear nearly of my size which had a sorry on a heart. Not to forget the cabinet full of movies that I loved. No doubt I didnt see him at school much today.

All Alexis wanted to do was recreate the two missed Saturday nights. I attacked the food first. It was evident that I had forgiven him, but not completely. I still wanted my reasons. And that's what I did next. But before I could say anything. I was pulled into a tight, super tight bear hug.

" Alexis, why did you abandon me for Riley. Like first you left our table and then ditched our Saturday, why? " I whisper into his shoulder.

" I didn't want to do this, and it really hurt to change tables, I really felt out of place there. But Riley had blackmailed me into it, she told me that if I don't ditch one of our Saturday nights then we will have to go separate ways. I couldn't help but obey . " he explained .

I didn't want to believe it but I wanted to forgive him. He had done so much for me after all.

" so can I get the right to call you Clare again? Or no? " he joked.
"  no, you don't until the next three days atleast . That's your punishment for abandoning me. "

" urgh, it feels so absurd to call you blythe,  please don't make me do that. I have never done that."

But my no remained a no.
And we were back with a bang just how we lost each other . I had got my best friend back and so did he and so did our Saturday. We cuddled all night and watched my favorite movies all night with lots of food , drinks and candies, and Ben and Jerry's.

Just when I thought everything  was going perfect, that's the time fate had other plans.

Hope you enjoyed it. Keep voting!

Love,
Pranati