Chapter 33

Hey people! Sorry for the late update. I didn't want to be late, I don't even like to be late, but bust days you know... So let's get into the future..

A month later,
A day before Edwin and Ines get married....

The entire house was bubbling with excitement today, after all Edwin and Ines were getting married. I was happy, very happy, but somewhere or the other the horror of returning to my world in New York was eating me inside.

Like always, I was zoning out on the dates I and Alex went on in the last entire month. Yes, at first Edwin did not like that i went with him but after he saw the smile on my face when I was with Alexis and the way Alexis took care of me and pampered me drained it all.

I never knew Alexis was so sweet and pampered his girlfriends like this. If i knew then I would have told him yes long ago.

But he always says that I was different, and I wasn't treated like the others were, I was one in a million and I always said that I am like just any other girl.

Another thing I loved about him was that before every date he gets a purple orchid and a note saying one in million. Even if this has happened like about 20 times but I can never get used to that.

And I really have to say that Alexis threw away all my doubts out of the window and really reinvoked the love I had for him and proved his love by making every date special and unique and brought back the old me that was hidden for years now, on every date he brought back a good memory from my past and made it unique, not once we have gone on a dinner and movie date. Sometimes in the park, sometimes for rain dance, sometimes game arcades, every time something new and beautiful.

Coming back to the present, right now we were referring and looking at every detail and effort that was going into the wedding, I was the maid of honor and after a lot if convincing, Alex was the best man.

And at every chance he got he used to give me a kiss on the cheek or a side hug, he did all sorts of things to keep me close. I didn't even realise where this one month whisked away. Time indeed flies.

God, why do I love him so much? Like I know he is adorable and super handsome and awesome, but still. And with another peck on the cheek he bought me back to the present. I was preparing my speech and dress and everything, and just like me the entire room was bustling with preparation.

And in no time dusk turned to dawn and the night creeped in, finally our cheerful grins turned into tired smiles and finally it was time for Ed to welcome Ines as his wife with the next sunrise.

Some hearts fell asleep in tiredness, some in nervousness, whereas some just simply in love and restlessness. And we all fell asleep, me in Alec's arms all snuggled up and safe.

Next morning.
The wedding.

Finally the day had come when all our efforts were going to turn into memories. I was thinking about my speech and the pretty dress I was put into.

Ines was ready. And was looking gorgeous. And too good looking for a mother. She indeed was one of the prettiest brides I had ever seen.

Edwin looked no less in the sleek black and white three piece tux and too hot to be a groom. But undoubtedly the prettiest was Ally. She was so lucky that she could attend the wedding of her own parents. I still remember how taken aback she was when we told her that from now on her mom and dad will stay at the same house.

Earlier, she used to spend the entire day at our house with Ed and Ines and then when it late she used to go with Ines to their house and now a lot was going to change,for her, for us, for everybody.

I was helping Ines calm down and was telling her to go with the flow when Alexis entered and gave me a soft kiss on the lips and said the things that we were fearing the most, but also one thing that made all of us throw fits of laughter.

" Edwin is showering Ally with kisses on her face and is panicking way too much for his own good.  "

Over the years, Edwin had developed a habit of kissing Ally and hugging Ines very tightly when he was having a panic attack.

I didn't know of this till I returned, but everytime I see it happening I fall into peals of laughter. But before we could react, we heard the music play and the entry of the groom being announced, minutes later we heard a huge round of applause.

Thankgod Edwin made it to the aisle despite of his panic attack. Next was Ines' turn to go and in no time the wedding vows were taken and " I do" and " I do " was told and they were pronounced as husband and wife.

All of us rejoiced at the newly wed couple. Finally all our efforts, rehearsals, panic attacks had turned into a legit and everlasting memory.

We were all getting ready for the reception but Alexis is no where to be seen. My eyes were searching for him and my phone was fanatically calling him, but it all went straight to voice mail. After another hour we had no choice but to leave, but only I seemed worried because everyone else had smug smiles on their faces. And somewhere or the other I knew something fishy now...

Hey people! Sorry for not updating yesterday! I hope this compensates for it all. Love you guys!! Keep reading! Keep loving! Keep voting!

Love,
Pranati..