Chapter 36

Hey guise! I ain't so sure how you are going to react to today's chapter, so just let me know in the comments and I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Everybody had planned to drive me to the airport and say their last farewells to me before they saw me at graduation.

I couldn't wait for graduation now, and was somehow unbelievably giddy at the thought of returning back to New york for last year at college.

But before that both I and Alexis had one unfinished task to complete. A task that we left unfinished at last graduation. The task that could restore our friendship and now it will restore out trust and a strong foundation of a new relationship.

A visit to the Promise Lake.

As per my sources, both of us had last left the promise Lake in tears, disappointment and devastation. No doubt the lake was waiting for its long lost visitors to return. And we were doing so.

We both had decided to give our beloved lake an hour before I left for New York. And we were doing exactly that. As soon as we reached there, all of the moments we had spent here returned.

From the smiles we had shared when we were 2 and used to splash water on each other to the tears that were shed on graduation that night . We spent some moments in recollection all of it and smiled pleasantly at each other. And the moment seemed never ending. It left me bewildered how things had drastically changed for me .We both talked, giggled and cried as we tried looking into our future and crying out of our past.

Alexis and my entire family including Dylan, Chloe and Nick were currently dropping me to the airport.

Chloe was the same girl I knew in high school and asked me about every detail about my trip to the lake, Dylan also didn't mind being attentive while I and Chloe talked animatedly, Alexis stayed huddled right next to me and smiled everytime I looked up at him. I didn't want this car ride to end, everything and everyone was just perfectly placed.

Moments like this felt too good to be true. You had to pinch yourself twice before you believe that they are true.

The atmosphere in the car wasn't happy, but the memories I was taking with me surely were. In fact, they were the best until now. I didn't ever think my life will have so many surprises for me in a trip. It had clearly and absolutely taken a u turn, from the past turn of events. Never had I ever imagined I would be in a relationship with Alexis. I had never imagined to hear those three words from Alexis' mouth. I had practised to place Riley on my spot. But this was ethereal and it felt out of the world.

But unfortunately the ride ended too soon. Alexis was against letting me walk away on my own, and so stuck glued to my side and held onto my hand tight. Not that I was complaining at all. My fingers fit perfectly in the gaps of his. But he too had to leave as I hugged all my family members and friends one by one. This what I called my perfect, it was surreal and overwhelming. I was engaged in a conversation with Chloe when I was given a smack on my head from Nick.

" a guy you call your boyfriend and love too much is waiting to put his arms around you, so you please may proceed towards him.. "

When I reached over to him I saw that his face was tear stained. I was traumatized never had I ever seen him cry after his and Rileys breakup when she cheated on him.

" why are you crying, Alec? "
" I fear losing you again, we have not even spent enough time with each other and you are going away, again. I don't want this to happen. "

" you won't lose me ever again, I am all yours to own now. " and with this our lips crashed. I felt Alexis smile in the kiss and it felt that this moment wished to last forever itself, just for us, but passing time gave it no choice and the final call for my flight got me out of the trance. We pulled away for a minute and engulfed each other in a hug and then, one by one I bid farewells to everyone and left. I couldnt wait to return. After all of this .

Few hours later...

I was peacefully asleep, after a hearty meal and giving a lot of smiles to my fellow mates on the flight and the flight attendants. Suddenly all the emergency alarms started ringing. I took my phone out to see the time. It was four am in the morning. What was happening? Were we in danger? And the next announcement answered all my questions and made one thing clear. The permitted messaging could be the last message my family could receive from me. Both engines of my plane had ceased to work and the weather wasn't helping at all. Either we would all live or none of us could survive. So I did what came to my mind first. I took my phone out and held it with shivering hands and messaged mom and Alexis.

" please take care of yourselves and the others while I am away and remember I love all of you very very much. With this message come a lot of hugs and kisses and please don't ever lose hope. , Life always has better things in store for us. I hope I return as soon as possible. Be with me,and I will do the same, goodbye . Remember one thing whatever may happen now I am always with you. And again, I love you. "

I didn't want to tell them that I was in grave danger. Fatal danger. We couldn't even hop out because all the exits were jammed. And then came a bang , blast and boom. People started shrieking, crying, and held their loved ones close. And this all I could see before hot tears rushed down my checks before all went black. All I wished was to see Alexis,mom and dad and everyone again, even for a few seconds. But the first and last person that came to my mind was him. Alexis I love you. And I hoped with all my heart that life held onto me and didn't leave so soon. I hoped with all my heart that fate for once had better plans.

Hey people. I hope you liked the chapter, and here's another twist in the story. I know this is grave and please hope for the best. Love you all. Lots of hugs and kisses.
Keep voting! Keep reading!

Love,
Pranati