Chapter 8

So sorry for the late update! I've been practicing on my upper hand serves, sets, and receives for volleyball! And I'm practicing really hard to get better so when I'm in grade 7 I might have a chance to be able to go to the divisional team! And as usual,

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

In the last chapter:

"I-i'm Tenten." The brunette stuttered as Orochimaru observed her in amusement; like a snake looking at it's prey. "It's very nice to meet you, Tenten. I do hope we get along." Orochimaru says with a sick smile.

And with that the final bell rang, signalling the beginning of science class.

-

All was quiet in the science lab as Sasuke and Sakura made their way to their shared desk. Tenten stood awkwardly at the front of the class and watched as they took a seat.
  They sat down beside each other and observed Orochimaru's every move; their eyes following him around the class. They were tense and everyone in the room felt it vibrating off of them. It was as if they were sending warning signals towards their teacher who proceeded class and ignored their stares.
  "Now," Orochimaru says as he placed his hand on Tenten's shoulder. The brunette flinched and she felt cold from his touch. Orochimaru glanced up and watched Sasuke and Sakura narrow their eyes as if saying, "Get your filthy hand away from her."
  "You can sit over there, Tenten-chan." Orochimaru says and sent a smile towards the bun haired girl. She felt terrified and quickly walked towards her seat, which was beside Sakura's and Sasuke's.
  The two teens continued to watch the creepy science teacher until Tenten was safely beside them.

-

   Class continued as usual. Well, as usual as it could get. Orochimaru would call up students to the front and use them as examples. The unfortunate students would stand as straight as a flag pole while Orochimaru would watch them in amusement. When the students would finally go to their seat, they would let out a sigh of relief and talk about how utterly frightening it was to be beside their teacher to their friends.
  "We can't let Orochimaru-sensei get any closer to Tenten." Sasuke whispered to Sakura as their teacher left the class to 'go to the restroom'.
  "You're right." Sakura agreed and felt her cheeks grow warm. She was very close to the raven haired male and she secretly liked how his warm breath felt on her ear and neck.
  Sasuke stayed in his spot; closer to Sakura and invading her personal bubble. He was leaning forward and his arm was resting at the back of the pinkette's chair.
  "Oi! Already trying to land a move on our cherry blossom, Sasuke?" Haru, the captain of the boys soccer team, called out. He had a big smirk on his face, and  it was slowly growing larger each passing second.
    Sasuke slowly distanced himself from Sakura. "She doesn't belong to anyone, Haru." Sasuke stated. The girls in the room squealed as they talked about how 'cool' he sounded.
"Well you sure did look like you were going to kiss her." Haru pointed out.           Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "I wasn't." The raven haired male replied.
   "Then you wouldn't care if I take her from you? After all, you are the king, Sa-su-ke." Haru questioned. Sasuke clicked his tongue in annoyance; his lips forming a small scowl. "I told you, she doesn't belong to anyone; Not even me. And the choice is hers, not mine."
  "Oh? Are you trying to ignore my question, your highness?" Provoked Haru. Sasuke clenched his hands into tight fist and stood up; his chair creating a loud squeak that echoed in the room.
  The noise grabbed everyone's attention; their eyes now all looking at the slightly angered raven haired male.
  "I wasn't making a move on her. I fully respect her and don't want to offend someone as special as her." Sasuke growled. Sakura's eyes widened as she heard Sasuke's little speech. "And I am no king. I'm not who I was in the past anymore." He continued.
   "Are you sure you're not feeding us peasants with lies?" Haru asked. Sasuke inhaled sharply and was about to walk over to the provoking captain to give him a taste of his fist; But was stopped by Sakura who gently tugging on the hem of his shirt.

   "Let me handle this." The pinkette ordered with confidence in her voice. Sasuke hesitated but obliged.  "Both of you have to stop before sensei comes back." Sakura says. All of the stares now shifted from Sasuke to Sakura.    
  "Haru," Sakura called out. The said boy tensed up as soon as the emerald eyed girl said his name. "Y-yes?" He asked. He was slightly scared as he knew that angering Sakura was not a very good idea. "Please stop calling Sasuke that because he changed from his past self. Please learn to give people second chances. Also, please stop trying to provoke people. You'll get in trouble by doing so one day." Sakura lectured.
   "And Sasuke," Sakura let out a troubled sigh, "Try to be more patient with things. Don't always use violence, for violence isn't the only answer to every problem. You were about to punch Haru and don't even lie about it!"

Tenten watched Sakura from her desk in amazement. She had total control over the situation and the two boys were even listening. "Is that clear?" Sakura asked. She gave a long, hard glare at the duo in front of her as a faint "yes" escaped from their lips.
   "Good." Sakura said stiffly as she and Sasuke walked over to their desk.
   And as soon as they sat down, Orochimaru came in. "I hope I didn't miss anything." He says as he gazed back at his student's suspicious stares.