Chapter 3

Alec POV

"Come on Alexander try to focus more  on this mug."

  I was having my first lesson of magic today and my teacher was the high warlock of Brooklyn. I should have been honored to have a teacher like him but how could I focus on this damn mug if his hands were around mine in order to "help me to use my hands"? Magnus's hands were warm and small it was so cu-

"Alexander  ? You here? " Magnus asked shaking my shoulders a little bit which scared me  and took me out of my reverie.
"Sorry I was thinking about something." I replied with a face more red than ever, as i started living with him my stuttering got better which I am quite proud of.
"Do you want to take a break ? " He asked as he made appear a glass of whiskey in his hands.

  Seriously  it was just 3pm and he was drinking. As I took a glance at my own mug I thought that I would never be able to go through my first magic class. I was supposed to fill up my mug with coffee, easy you'd think, yet, it was over my strength and I was getting frustrated.

"I want to try again!"  I said with a determined tone.
"That's good Alexander. Now concentrate on your hands and imagine that the coffee is coming from them." Magnus said with a patient voice, maybe it wasn't that hard after all I thought.

  As I was trying I heard a little sound of liquid being poured into something. Suddenly excited I ran to the mug and saw a thin layer of coffee in the mug. I was so glad that I did it !

"I did it !"  I said jumping up and down smiling widely.
"That is great Alec but you still need to fill it up completely." answered Magnus chuckling.
"Yeah yeah I know..."  I mumbled.

  I was concentrating on the mug and my hand but suddenly a phone rang over the room. I saw Magnus going to the phone, it was his phone. He hung on the phone and said :

" This is Magnus Bane , may I help you ?"
"..."
"Oh, Isabelle Lightwood why do you call me ?"

  Isabelle ? It can't be her it's not possible she doesn't know that I'm here , at the same time Magnus turns around to face me and I understand that it really is my sister. But what does she want ? I see Magnus touching on his screen and suddenly I hear the conversation. He put her on speaker.

"Well you see we met a new Shadowhunter,  her name is Clary, Clary Fairchild. And we learnt from the silent brothers that you were the one who took her memory away during her childhood." Isabelle's voice was business-like.

  What ? She doesn't even worry about me, I thought that since i was born my siblings were the only ones loving me but it seems like I was wrong. And this redhead , she arrived at the institute a few day before I was thrown out,  and she was all over Jace. It was unbearable. A flood of anger takes over myself and suddenly my  hands move to the side and the mug flies and breaks into pieces when it meets the floor. Crap , what have I done ?

"It's nothing Isabelle don't worry it's just my cat. But yeah you can come here I'll look for this. Now I have to go. See you later."

  As Magnus hung up the phone he came back to my sides and said with a smile :

"As you can see your magic can be led by your feelings,  its nothing though don't worry." Magnus said trying to sound reassuring.
"I didn't mean to I was only just-" I tried.
"Alec it's ok , I can understand what you feel ; your sister didn't ask about you and it  made you upset. Also don't worry this mug was cheap and without any signification."

  I slowly nodded and kneed down to clean this mess.

"So if what I heard was right my siblings and this redhead will come here today, won't they?"  I said while taking pieces of glass in my hand.
"Right , does it bother you ?" Asked Magnus quite taken aback.
"The fact is that they know that I'm warlock and they  call you the high warlock of Brooklyn without even questioning if you know who I am. It proves that they really don't care about me otherwise they would have tracked me. And..." My throat was hurting I thought I couldn't talk. "It hurts to know that it's as if I didn't exist for them."

  I see Magnus moving his arms and blue sparkles appear in his hand, suddenly my mess is cleaned up. I stand up and let my back face Magnus, I feel tears running down my cheeks.

"You know Alexander, I'm kind of new to you but I will try to make living here the less painful as possible. I know  it will never be like what you lived before but it can also be good. It's a new start." Suggested Magnus.

   A sob left my mouth and suddenly I felt ashamed and put my hands on my mouth to cover the sounds. I feel a hand on my shoulder and then another one on the other and at this moment I'm turned around and my eyes meet Magnus' and he takes me into an embrace. He was so warm and his hands were slowly rubbing my back and as he said :

"Alexander,  it's ok to cry. This way,  all your rage will go away and it will be a weight on your shoulder gone."
"But I feel so weak... " I said with a sob looking at the floor.
"It's normal after what you've been through , plus no-one will judge you , there's only me. So cry as much as you want it's ok. I'm here for you."

  I let myself cry for a while and as I was calming down I looked at Magnus,   he was smirking. I arch an eyebrow and he says:

"Stop me if I'm wrong but you're wearing the same clothes as yesterday aren't  you?"

 A flush appears on my cheeks as I realize that what he says is the truth and I answer a bit ashamed :

"Yeah... I haven't been able to bring anything..."
"By Lilith, we need to buy you new clothes ! "  Magnus said in his dramatic tone.
"But I can't afford it..."  I reply flushing even more.
"I'll pay for it because you can't stay with those clothes. It isn't possible. Look at this sweater it's not black anymore, it's a sort of grayish-green and look at your sleeves, I could pass my wrist through it!"

  I looked down at my sweater, he was right, I wasn't a shopping person and I actually liked my clothes but it was funny how Magnus was all excited about buying clothes , he looked like a totally different person. He seemed determined about the fashion. Little did he know my fashion tastes. At this thought I smiled a bit and Magnus said :

"Shall we go now? "
"Yeah." I replied smiling slightly, he was good at lightening the mood.

**

"Seriously Alexander can't you pick some colored clothes ? "
"Well it's not really my style you see..." I answered rubbing the back of my neck.
"Your style really is depressing."

  Magnus answers with a sad look and I was laughing in the inside , this warlock was changing my mind from the dark thoughts inside my head and I answered with a smirk :

"I know but I like it though."

*

  We were back to the flat and I thanked Magnus once again. He bought me plenty of clothes , sweatshirts,  shirts , trousers,  socks and even underwears. At first I was a bit awkward about him buying me those but I had to assume that wearing the same underwear day after day wasn't really comfortable nor hygienic. Magnus looked at me and said :

"You should take a bath Alec it'll make you feel better. It'll calm your nerves down."
"You're right, thank you once again Magnus. "  I said with a genuine smile
"Well if you're living with me you might as well try to care of your appearance." Chuckled Magnus.

  I took my change clothes and went to the bathroom with a bright smile from ear to ear as I started pouring water into the bathtub.