Epilogue

Ok so that’s the epilogue guys. I’d like to thank all of the people who followed this story since its beginning, I never thought that I would have so many people following it , I love you all ! I might start another book with One shots or small stories so stay tuned. Looooooove you all!

Five years later:

“Daddy look what I found in papa’s coat pocket” said the small warlock handing a small velvet box to Magnus who slowly looked up from the book he was reading.

Two years ago, as Alec and Magnus were coming back home after a trip they found a small cradle on their doormat. Inside was a two years old baby with blue skin. Inside of the cradle was a letter saying that a woman has had this small boy but she couldn’t take care of him so she carried it to The High Warlock of Brooklyn’s house because she thought that he would be the best person to take care of her son.
Since then Max was the couple’s little piece of heaven, he was bringing to their lives even more happiness and they were considering him as their real son.

  A horrified look appeared on the warlock’s face as he closed his book to take a closer look of the box as he took it in his big hands:
Thank you blueberry, but why were you searching in papa’s pockets?”  asked the warlock slowly looking up to his six years old son who was smiling curiously as if he was up to something.
Well I drawed something for both papa and you and I put it in your coats and I found it, so I was wondering what it was, I didn’t open it because I know that it’s not good though.” 
“You did well Maxie, thank you a lot.” Magnus said ruffling his son’s hair and putting the small box in his pant’s pocket. He stood up and continued “Would you like to go to the institute to see your aunts, uncles and cousins darling?”

   The young warlock started jumping up and down suddenly, his face lighting with excitation as he replied happily:
Yeah! I want to see Emma, Cordelia and Arthur!”  jolted the small boy.
“What do you say about sleeping over?” asked Magnus taking out his phone to call Isabelle to ask her to take care of his son.
That sounds amazing daddy!” with that the blue skinned warlock ran to his bedroom and started preparing his bag to spend the night at the Institute.

Magnus’ heart was hurting him because it was pounding hard in his chest. Why would Alexander hide this kind of box, didn’t he want Magnus to see it? Was he cheating on him? A hundred of “what if” ran through his mind as he was waiting for the Shadowhunter to answer to her phone. Alec had left a few hours ago, he had a sort of meeting with his cousin Aline and her girlfriend Helen, since it was the beginning of the summer he had left without his coat which was the reason for the one the little warlock had found the box in his boyfriend’s pocket. Magnus needed to clarify things with him and having their son around wasn’t the solution.
Finally, Isabelle answered her phone and asked in a breathless voice, maybe she was in the training room since it was the morning thought Magnus:
What can I help you with my dear Magnus?”
“Isabelle, would you mind if I dropped Max to the Institute until tomorrow?” Magnus paused for a moment trying to find the best words “Alexander and I want to spend the day together, it has been a while.”  Magnus sighed as he lied.
“No, it’s totally fine I’ll bake a cake!” added the Shadowhunter. Magnus could even hear her smiling through the phone.
Yeah, well you don’t need to do it though, it’s just a way for Maxie to spend a day with his family you know. Anyway, I’m opening a portal and we’re here.” Finished the warlock
“It doesn’t bother me you know. I’m waiting for you in the training room then” Magnus guessed right, and it made him smile before hanging up the phone.

The warlock went to the kitchen and wrote a message to his lover saying that he was at the institute and that he would be home not long after. He put the post-it on the counter and started moving his hands, blue flashes coming from it. Soon a portal was set-up in the living room and Max came running, a bag settled on his back and the two warlocks jumped in the portal.
Suddenly they were in the training room and were met by Simon, Isabelle and their small daughter Cordelia. Cordelia has got her mother’s raven hair and her father’s curls with freckles. She was now 5 and was already a real shadowhunter. Arthur and Emma were also here, they were the 4years old twins Jace and Clary had together. They were both blonds and had the same angel-like features of their parents.
Max rushed to his aunt and uncle, kissed them and then jolted to his cousins. Soon enough the four kids had disappeared in one of the numerous rooms of the “abandoned” church to play. Magnus greeted the raven-haired shadowhunter and her husband, Simon.

My dear Isabelle, how’s the life here going?”  asked Magnus smiling.
“It’s going good. Everything is calmer now since Clary killed Sebastian with Heosphoros in Alicante. And you’ll never believe it, but mom called me this morning and officially designed me as the new head of the Institute since she decided to stay at Idris with dad.” A proud smile lit on the warlock’s face as he realized what the shadowhunter has said.
“By Lilith Isabelle, this is awesome! We definitely need to organize something to celebrate it! I need to tell it to Alexander as well, he’ll be so proud of you.” Magnus hugged the woman and said, “Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll go home to my sweet lover.”

***

Alec entered the loft, it was silent which was weird considering that his lover and their son were always messing together. Alec entered the living room and found his boyfriend sitting on the couch staring at a page of his book. The younger came next to his boyfriend and gently pressed his lips on his lover’s ones.  Magnus looked up and a shy smile creeped on his face as he closed his book and stood up. Alec was confused by the distant look in his lover’s eyes and asked:
“Is everything fine Mags?”
“I should ask you the same Alexander, is there anything that you would like to discuss?” Magnus asked in a harsh tone.
What?” Alec stuttered “What do you mean Magnus?”

Magnus took out something from his jean’s pocket and showed it to his lover. Alec’s jaw dropped as he realized what the box was.

Where… Where did you find it?”  At that Magnus chuckled before answering:
“Our son found it into your pocket whilst he was putting a drawing into your pocket. Why?” Magnus paused before adding in a harsh tone “Was it supposed to be hidden? Because it’s not really a good place to hide things Alexander.” Alec was confused. Why was his boyfriend so upset about it? The warlock gently took the box from his boyfriend’s hand and said in a soft voice:
Magnus, darling, I didn’t want it to happen this way I am really sorry.” Alec’s voice was a whisper and Magnus lost it at this moment:
“Sorry for what?” Magnus shouted, “sorry for cheating on me?”
“What? What do you mean Magnus?” Alec was confused but knelt on one knee before speaking again: “Magnus, I would never cheat on you. You are my first real love, my first kiss, you are the father of my child and I would never; never cheat on you. I love you way too much for even imagining cheating on you. You are the person that I want to love until my last breath. You are the first person I want to see when I wake up and the last person I want to see before sleeping.” Alec stopped, he gently opened the velvet box revealing a mat ring with two small sapphires incrusted in the ring. “Magnus Bane, will you make me the happiest person on this earth by marrying me?”

Alec looked up at his lover, his cheeks, ears burning from blushing. The elder had tears in his eyes which were shining. One of his hands was on his mouth trying to contain the smile from growing wider of his face. Slowly Magnus knelt next to his boyfriend and said his smile heard as he was talking:

Oh Alexander, I am so sorry I thought that you didn’t love me anymore. I shouldn’t have. I should have trusted you, but I was afraid of losing you. Of course, I will marry you my love!”

Alec gently took his lover’s hand and placed the ring on his finger, caressing his finger while doing it. Magnus cupped the younger’s face in his hands and leaned on to place a kiss on his lover’s face. Soon enough the kiss deepened and once the two lovers broke apart Magnus said admiring his engagement ring:

It’s beautiful Alexander” the smile on his face wasn’t going to go away soon.
“I… Hm.. Thank you, Magnus. I made the jeweler engrave “Forever” in the inside because my love for you will never fade away. I tried to choose something simple that could fit the both of us but that also could sparkle for you. Though a ring will never be able to prove you how much I love you.”
“Alec, I love it, it’s perfect. I love you.”
“And I love you” answered Alec kissing is fiancé again.

This night the warlocks made love with all their souls, trying to make this day as magical as possible so that it would never be forgotten.

  So, this is the end I guess. I hope you enjoyed it, it’s fluffy ,which is quite strange to write but I thought that an engagement was the best way to finish this story. I love you all angels.