Chapter 10

Once again I'm sorry to be late that's why I think that I'll post every two weeks. However , thanks you a lot I have like 540 views it's amazing !Bye ! 😊

"Magnus , are you sure that everything's fine ?" Asked Alec who looked around for the tenth time.
"Darling , everything is perfectyou've nothing to worry about."

    Alec was kind of freaking out because  he and his boyfriend Magnus would receive his family for a dinner in a few minutes.  After a moment the doorbell rang and the blue eyed warlock suddenly turned toward his lover.

"Alec , don't worry , you look perfect and everything's fine. Now let's go open the door. I don't want to make a bad impression to your mother." Said Magnus running his hand on the younger's cheek.
"Thank you Magnus." Answered Alec before walking to the door.

    The couple went to the door and Alec found Magnus's hand which he took in his so as to calm himself down. Magnus opened the door and saw six people standing in the corridor. The warlock felt Alec tightening his grip on his fingers at the view of his mother so Magnus gently caressed his hand with his thumb. Alec was the first to talk :

"Hey..." he said shyly "Everyone's here that's great" his voice was shaking as he was looking at his mother.
"Magnus Bane , it's been a long time" said Alec's mother with a fake smile.
"Maryse Lightwood, it's always a pleasure to see you,  come on in. Let's talk around a drink" Magnus answered gesturing his hand to the loft to let everyone come inside.

    Alec's mother came in with her three children ; Jace has brought his girlfriend Clary who had also brought the vampire, Simon , her bestfriend. Everyone sat on the differents couches in the living room and Magnus brought  a tray with various drinks and some apetizers so as to be comfortable to talk. Magnus said as he started handing the glasses:  

"A martini for the ladies , a beer for the men , a coke for the younger Lightwood and finally a glass of O- for Salmon."

"Thank you Magnus" said everyone "And it's Simon" answered the vampire.

"You have a lovely house Magnus. My Alec must have been lucky to find you." Said Maryse after taking a sip of her drink.

"Thank you Ma'am" answered the warlock.

***

  Everyone was talking happily as they  were dinning expect for Simon of course , the vampire was sitting next to Isabelle and sipped from his drink from time to time. After a while Maryse started talking which tensed Alec up :

  "So, are you two dating ?"

  " I hm..." Alec stuttered "Yeah mother we are" The young warlock answered nervously.

  "Alec i'm really proud of you and I really want to apologize for my behaviour , it really was selfish of me to react like this. I should have been here for you but instead i thrown you out and for that I'm really sorry. Not that it change anything  though."

"Mom..." Alec answered in a mumble "You're forgiven ."

  After the diner everyone sat on the couches and started talking but Maryse wanted to talk with Magnus so she stood up and said :

  "Do you mind if i borrow your boyfriend a few minutes Alec ?"

  Everyone turned their head in confusion not knowing what she wanted to talk about. Magnus's eyes met his boyfriend's and , in a silent nod Magnus stood up and answered :

  "Sure , let's go somewhere quieter."

  Maryse followed the warlock and after a while they were on the balcony of his and Alec's room. The air outside wasn't cold and Maryse said once she was facing the warlock :

  "Look Magnus I'm glad you found my son and let him stay with you but my son has feelings for you and I know how you used to live. I mean you're never serious and i feel like you're playing with Alec and if you ever-" Maryse was cut by Magnus voice:

  "Do you really think I'm playing with Alexander ? Do you think I would have let him stay in my house if  I was playing with him? I could have let him freeze to death in the street or lend him to the Praetor Lupus to let them take care of him. But I didn't because I have feelings for your son. I have feelings that I never had before and i don't want to loose him Maryse.  I couldn't hurt him because I am in love with your son Maryse." said Magnus looking straight in the eyes of the Shadowhunter.

  Maryse eyes grown wide ,  she wasn't expecting that kind of answer from the warlock , she looked at smiling genuinly and said :

  "Then I guess that you'll have my support for your relationship. And I'll try to make Robert more accepting too but it won't be an easy task." Maryse answered putting a hand on my shoulder.

  "Thank you a lot Maryse , it means a lot to Alec to know that you are accepting him. Really." Magnus answered with sparkles in his eyes. "What do you say we go back to the living room and join the others , they must be waiting for us ?" Magnus asked looking back inside of his room.

  "Yeah you're right. Let's go." Answered Maryse turning around.

  Magnus and Alec's mother started heading back to the living room where everybody was. Magnus sat next to his boyfriend and after takin his hand in his gently kissed it.

  Everyone stayed here talking happily for another hour until half past midnight , then they all decided that it was time for them to head back to their respective houses. Alec hugged his family one last time and finally closed the door of their flat.

  The young warlock walked to his boyfriend and stood on his toes to kiss him. Once the blue eyed boy pulled away he held the warlock by the waist close to him him and said in a husky voice :

"Tonight was amazing , thank you Mags"

"Thanks to you darling for introducing me to your family"  answered Magnus brushing their noses together before capturing the younger's lips in a quick peck.

"What do you say we go to bed now ? It's late don't you think ?"  added Alec pulling away from the embrace.

"I would love that" answered Magnus who started heading to their bedroom while holding his lover's hand.

  Alec went to the wardrobe followed by his boyfriend and started picking some clothes to put them as a pajama , he started undressing giving his back to the warlock , even after three weeks of relationship Alec was still a bit shy about changing in front of his boyfriend , even though the elder enjoyed the view. After a while both warlocks were done and headed to the bathroom to wash themselves at least a little bit.

  Once done the two lovers started heading to their bedroom with fingers still intertwined, they both laid on the king sized bed. Magnus opened his arms and Alec curled into the embrace and started drawing circles with his fingers on the warlock's chest. Magnus was humming a serenade while breathing the sweet scent of the raven haired boy.

  The two men cuddled a little longer and both managed to fall in a deep sleep enjoying each other's warmth