Chapter Two // What is he doing?

“The first step is you have to say that you can”

Lances POV

I found Coran in the observatory.

"Um. Coran?"

"Yes, my boy?" I smiled for real. Coran was probably the only one that actually tolerated me.

"The others wanted you in the dining hall." I tell him.

"Will you be joining us?" He asks with a twirl of his mustache.

"..No. I will try training a bit. You know, gotta work on mah guns."

He looks at me doubtfully for a second before replying, "alright." And leaves the room.

I let my smile drop as I walk towards the training room. I walk in and grab a gun.

"Begin training level one."

Im sorry if thats not how it works but im too lazy to figure out how it does so :')

A training bot appears and sits there for a second, letting me prepare myself. It lunges towards me with it's long blade and I jump back before shooting it.

"Level one completed" it says before sinking into the ground.

"Begin level two."

This time two bots come out. One of them runs straight at me while the other runs to my right, trying to get behind me.

I roll to the left and shoot the one closest to me. The other bot was closer than I thought and it lunged at me with it's sword. I jumped back, but the sword still sliced my arm.

"Ah!" I shoot the bot in the center of it's chest.

"Level two completed."

I was panting. I did not like blood, but here I am. In a room with a slashed arm. Blood spilling onto the floor.

"Begin level three." I tell it through gritted teeth. Damn this is bleeding no stop. I will have to wrap it later. For now I can deal with it.

Three bots came this time. I beat them all.

"I can do it. I can do it. I can do it." I chanted to myself.

(Time skip brought to you by the Blue Boy)

"Begin *pant* level *pant* seven!"

It took me a while to beat the others but the next thing I knew I was pinned on the ground by the last one.

It had it's knife close to my throat but I was determined to beat it. My gun was sideways as I tried to push it back. Blood was still spilling down my arm.

Keiths POV

After we were done with our little 'meeting' I went to look for Lance.

He's been off today. We wont be able to do anything if his feelings get in the way of forming Voltron. I need to straighten him out.

At least. That's the reason I told myself why I was searching for him. I checked his room and he wasn't in there. I checked everywhere I thought he would be. I was walking down one of the halls when I heard a loud thud come from the training room.

I walked in and saw Lance on his back holding his gun into the air. A bot was on top of him and he was struggling to keep it up. His gun was the only thing between them. I sat there watching until I noticed the huge slash in his arm.

Holy shit! There's a lot of blood coming out of that! His arm is starting to shake too. If he keeps this up his arm will give out. The bot will win.