Chapter Three // Right?

"Crying is how our body speaks when our mouth can't describe how hurt we are."

Lances POV

I woke up the next morning and did my regular skin care routine. I looked at the gash in my arm and shook my head. The other arm was still wrapped from the other night. People might get suspicious.

I unwrapped it and cleaned it up again. I looked at the deep red marks and sighed. I took foundation from underneath the sink and put it on my arm.

I then put concealer on top of it, making it not noticable. Well, unless you took my arm and inspected it.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I took my glasses off and replaced them with my contacts. I straightened my hair and got dressed.

I walked into the kitchen earlier than usual and everyone except Keith was there.

"Where's Keith?" I asked.

Keith ran into the room, panting.

"Im sorry! I didn't get much sleep last night, and slept through my alarm."

"Its alright, Keith. Do you need rest?" Shiro asked, concerned.

"No. Sorry again." He said as he sat down.

I glared at Keith. I am always scolded whenever I am even relatively late.

I sat down and began eating. Everyone was making small talk. I noticed Keith staring at me. I glanced at him and he quickly looked away, covering his face. I just shrugged and continued eating.

After I was finished I walked back to mt room to try to exercise a bit.

Gotta be strong. They can't call you weak then..

That was my motivation.

Keiths POV

I can't believe Lance caught me staring! Well I cant help it! He's so pretty!

I covered my face with my hands again. Yes, I did have something equivalent to a crush on Lance. But he HATES me! I didn't do anything to him! But I am trying to get closer to him.

Maybe with the way he's veen acting I can. I can ask him what's wrong. Have a bonding moment™

I am still upset he forgot our bonding moment. I mean, I cradled him in my arms! I huffed.

I was a little bored so I was taking a small walk when I heard hysterical laughing from the living area. I walked in to see Pidge on her computer. She was wiping tears because she was laughing so hard.

"Whats so funny?" I asked.

"Come here," she motioned me to her. "I managed to hack into the security footage of the Beta Traz! I watcjed Shiro flip out over nothing hahaha it's great!" I sat down next to her and she handed me her computer, standing up.

"Here, Watch. Im going to tell Hunk all about this!" She said and chuckled to herself as she left the room.

I was flipping through different cameras when I saw Lance with the so called, "yupper".

Of course my curiosity got the better of me and I clicked it. I held my breathe, not daring to interupt anything.

"Pidge is the hacker of our group," Lance began.

"Yup."

"Shiro is our awesome leader,"

"Yup."

"Hunk's our mechanic. He's also a chef and just a pretty cool dude to hang out with,"

"Yup."

"And Keith's always doing things like flying into asteroid fields and black holes and cool junk," I smiled.

"Yup."

"And I thought I was the team's sharpshooter but I guess no one else thinks that," what..?

"Yup."

"Maybe I don't have a thing. Im just a fifth wheel. Seventh if you count Allura and Coran. Thats a terrible wheel to be.." Lance says sadly.

"Yup."

What..? Who told Lance these things!? What happened to the flirty, cocky Lance that everyone knew?

I frowned and shut the laptop's lid quietly. I left the room and began to walk to the lions' hanger. Maybe Red knew something about this.

Lances POV

I was walking to Blue. I felt really upset and needed to talk to her. She always made me feel a little better. I sat down on the floor next to her paw and pet it absent mindedly.

She purred softly.

What is the meaning of your sadness? She sent to me.

"Hey, beautiful.. I guess I just feel a bit. Blue." I laughed sadly at my joke

Keiths POV

I saw Lance in there and paused at the door. I crept in near my lion and hid behind her to get a better view.

"Hey, Beautiful.. I guess I just feel a bit. Blue." He laughed.

I facepalmed at the pun but continued to listen.

Lances POV

"Hey Blue. What am I doing here.?"
What do you mean?

"How am I supposed to defend the universe when my own team doesn't like me? I know I shouldn't care about what everyone thinks but it still hurts." My voice cracked at the last few words. Blue continued to listen.

"I'm a pushover, Blue. I have to constantly flirt with others just to be noticed. Sure they are attractive but that isn't what all of this is about is it? And everyone else is stressed out all of the time. I just want to put smiles on their faces! No one takes me seriously. They would be better off without me, and then you can get a paladin that you deserve, because you derswrve more than me Blue."
That's not true!

I was crying at this point and my voice shook with every word.

Keiths POV

Lance said one more thing, but it was too quiet for Keith to hear.

"And Keith, the only one I really have feelings for, hates me...."

My eyes were watering.

Who told Lance this? Why?

I thought Lance was about to get up but then he started singong softly. Tears were still flowing down his face and his voice shook.

"..if there's a god out there, please hear my prayer. I'm lost and I'm scared, and I have no where else.. to go. I've come a long, long way, but Im not sure I can make it much farther.." Lance pulled his knees up and crossed his arms above them, placing his face into them.

Oh how I wanted to run to him. To squeeze him tight and never let go.

I can't. He'll be pissed if he found out I was listening. But I never knew he felt like this. I will stop arguing with him. That will make it easier on him, right?

I walked out of the room and made a plan to help Lance feel more appreciated. Because even if the others don't, I do.

I won't hurt him anymore. Don't argue with him. That will help,

..Right?

I have this book more planned out than my other one so let's pray 🙏