Chapter ten // champion

(lance's pov)

"Lotor!" 

What? Lotor? Oh my god, oh my god. I am going to die. The door opened and Prince Lotion himself walked out. "What is it, E- oh? who is this? A paladin of voltron?" He walked over to me and grabbed my chin, turning my face from side to side. A sadistic smile plastered onto his face, "ah,, he's very pretty.." he mumbled. "sire, what do you want me to do with him?" Ezor asked. "oh, don't worry about it, I will take good care of him." he told her, still smiling. She gave him a nod and began walking away. 

Ezor paused for a moment, and gave Onion a nervous look before turning back and walking in a different hallway. Lasagna put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I pulled back, "let me go!" before he struck me in the head. The force made me fall to the ground. "get up!" he yelled at me, and yanked my arm. I winced at the pain, but kept my mouth quiet. "Come with me." Languini ordered me. 

I walked into his room quiety, glancing all around me. I need to know the layout of the whole ship if I ever want  to escape. Lotorini grabbed something from the closet in his room, and it made a clanking noise. He walked over to me and grabbed the large chain, tying it to my hands and feet, and then dragging me out the room.

"Come on, little pet.~" he cooed as he yanked on the chain. The sudden movement had my legs failing, and me falling onto my knees. Laundry's face darkened and he stormed over to me. "GET UP!" he roared as he kicked me in the gut. I just fell over to my back, and grunted. I felt pressure on my stomach and looked up. The galran prince was straddling me, but not in a romantic gesture.

He snarled at me and grabbed my hair, yanking on it. I cried out and he slapped me harshly against the face. "Listen here, cute little paladin. This is not voltron, this is the galra empire. Don't expect to be treated like a king here." He growled. He suddenly raised both of his eyebrows, and smiled, as if he was having a lightbulb moment. Not that he even has a brain to begin with.. I thought. 

"Although.. if you promise to be a good pet, you could be by my side. Together you and I could take down Voltron once and for all." Lotor glared at me. "Now why would I do that?" I sneered. He pulled my hair harding before replying coolly, "Well, it's either you give me the information of your own will, like a good pet, or be tortured for it." I smiled at him. "I would rather die than throw my friends under the bus." 

Lotor laughed darkly, "friends!? You think they are your friends? Tell me paladin. Do they involve you when they are making plans? Laugh at your jokes? Do they invite you to train with them? Are you ever the first person they think of when they want to hang out with them? To me, dear blue paladin, you are just a blue paladin. The weakest link." I was frozen other than the light shaking of my body. How come he is naming some of my insecurities? Cam he read my mind or something?

"You don't know what you are talking about." I spat. Lotion leaned in, "Of course I do." He whispered before yanking me up and dragging me to the terrifying Arena, where aliens of all sorts stood up and cheered at our arrival. "Look, paladin, the people already love you. It wouldn't be that hard to join our ranks. You could be my second-in-command." he leaned in.

We continued walking until we were in the center of the arena, and everyone's attention. "SILENCE!" Lotor roared. The crowd instantly shut it's mouth. "Now I present: THE BLUE PALADIN!" Everyone started cheering, but instantly stopped once Lotor put up a hand. He gestured to the side of the arena where five large beasts came out. Everyone gasped. Lotor reached for me again, "touch me again, and you won't have a hand to touch me with.." I snarled.

Lotor just looked mildly amused. He handed me a gun and a sword before he grabbed me by the arm and yanked me forward, baring his teeth in my face. "You can fool yourself and everyone else, but you can't fool me. I know who you are." He whispered. "You don't know anything about me loser." "I know everything about you. I know you play like you're the meanest in the heart but actually you're the most scared of all." He retorted back. I froze and my eyes widened. "Shut-up!" I hissed.

"I know you  joke around and you push away anyone who's wiling to put up with you because just a little bit of love reminds you of how big and empty that hole inside you actually is." He sneered. "I said shut-up!" I panicked as all of the memories came flooding back."I know them parents that made you never gave a rats ass about you." he smiled devilishly. I began to shake.

"I'm serious dude!" I yelled. "Just like my own damn parents who never loved me, either. The ones that only used me as a weapon. I know who you are boy, because you're me!" He shouted in my face. My legs were shaking so bad that they were sure to give out any second. "What kind of a pair are we?" I laughed, trying to not let my nerves get the best of me. "The kind that's about to fight these monsters I reckon." he inquired. "Alright, okay, good that's...wait, we?" I asked suspiciously. 

"Well, if you are going to be my second-in-command we need to learn how to fight together." he smiled happily. "I told you I would rather die." I rose my voice again, anger evident. "yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night." He shook his head before whistling. The noise set of the beasts, and they ran forwards. Two charged me, and the others, Lotion. I twirled around the first of them, and jumped onto the second one's back. I stabbed the sword through it's back, and it screamed. I flinched at the noise, I'm sorry! The monster fell over, and I hopped off of it. 

I grabbed the gun and readied myself into position. I took a deep breathe and aimed. Click, BOOM! The other monster fell over with a whine. I looked around me and saw two others on the ground but saw Lotor struggling with the last. He was on the ground, and the beast was standing over him. I began thinking through my options.

Well, If I help him he will think I want to join him, but if he dies then I will most likely be left to the witch. I shivered before readying my gun once again. I took aim and fired. "SKRAAAAA!" The beast fell over, and Lotorini scrambled from underneath it. He panted and looked at me, smiling. Everyone cheered, "CHAMPION! CHAMPION! CHAMPION!" 

Lotor jogged over to me, and I glared, regretting my decision. He grabbed my arm before I could react and raised my arm. "CHAMPION!" He yelled. Everyone cheered louder, and my ears felt like they were about to burst. "Huh. People already claim you champion. I guess it's because you saved me?" he said to me.

Champion.. 

you prolly see references and if you do, bless your heart.