Chapter Six // Broken (pt. 1)

Im not dead? What?

"And aren't we all just wilting flowers in a crowded garden, waiting for someone to appreciate the beauty of our petals while they still exist?"

Keiths POV

It a whole lot of convincing, but eventually Lance agreed to the mind excercise.

I quickly squeezed his hand in mine as reassurance before sitting in the circle and eyeing Lance, who sat in the center.

Everyone looked nervous and they had every right to be. I knew sort of what was going to happen and even I was afraid of what I was going to see.

"Alright guys... Are you ready..?" Asked Allura from where she sat in the circle, with the control button.

Lance laughed spitefully, "of course not, but go ahead..."

Allura pressed the button and everyone fell back into unconsciousness.

I was standing in a long hallway. I didn't see anyone else, but I assumed they were in the same place.

I walked to the very first door I saw and walked in,

"Mama!"

Younger Lance ran to his mama and jumped into her arms.

"Mama I love you soooo much! Wanna know how much?" He asked.

"Sure" Lances mother chuckled.

Lance pulled his arms as far as he could and grunted, trying to pull them farther apart. He suddenly pulled them together,

"OW! I'm sorry mama I can't be that big!"

Lances mother hugged him and chuckled again,

"It's alright Mijo, I love you too.."

I shut the door and walked farther down the halls, seeing memories of him and his family. He loved them very much, I could tell.

One door caught my attention,

Lance looked about 12 maybe? His siblings were crying and he looked angry. His mother was quietly crying in the corner of the room.

"What the hell is WRONG with you!? Just because I'm bisexual!?"

Lance's father became in view and somehow the stench of vodka hit me.

Lance was bisexual? I didn't know that..

"You better watch your tone with me, boy!" His father cracked a bottle on the side oh his face causing him to stumble back.

I flinched and willed it to go away, but I knew that this had really happened. Had ALREADY happened. There was nothing I could do.

The other kids started sobbing harder and Lance's mother, Rosa, walked towards her husband, hands in front of her.

"Esposo plEASE!" She begged. Lance's father's hand came swiftly across Rosa's face, leaving a mark.