0.4

Momo stared at her reflection in the mirror. It was the first day of the new term. She groaned. New term, meant a new seating arrangement. Sighing, she pulled her hair up into a neat ponytail, grabbed her bag and left the apartment.

"Good luck, Momo." Sana whispered as they moved to their new seats. Of all people, Momo was assigned to sit beside the most annoying person in the whole class, Wen Junhui.

"Hi." Jun said as she dropped her bag onto her chair.

"Hello," she rolled her eyes.

"Do you hate me or what?"

"I didn't say anything."

"Well your body language tells me so." Jun inched closer and Momo moved away.

"Well, I'm sorry if you felt that way." Momo muttered. "Okay." he smiled to himself.

>>>

"Okay class, this is Joshua Hong, our transfer student. May I know who would like to show him around for the next few days?" the teacher asked. Immediately, a few hands shot up, 90 per cent of them, were girls. Jihyo looked around for a moment. Joshua, that cute guy she met the day before... what a coincidence. Slowly, Jihyo raised her hand, too. As she did, she could hear the girls behind her giggle and start whispering among themselves. For a moment, she hesitated, but she still kept her hand up. The teacher's eyes scanned the classroom, and landed on someone near her. "Joshua, please sit beside Mina. She'll bring you around these few days. Am I right, Mina?" the teacher asked, cocking her head to one side. Mina raised her head immediately. "Huh, what?" she asked, looking tired. Then, she widened her eyes when she saw Joshua looking at her.

>>>

"Were you crying?" Joshua asked as he sat down beside Mina.

"Huh, what? No--I--" Mina stammered, "was it that obvious?" she asked, lowering her head.

Wiping a tear away from her face as it fell, he smiled and answered, "Nope, not at all."

Mina quickly turned away, her cheeks burning and she smiled to herself. He's a nice guy... She thought to herself.

"If you don't mind... May I know why you're crying?" he asked.

"I... Don't feel comfortable with telling anyone about it, yet."

"That's okay. Hope you feel better soon," he smiled at her and turned back to face the teacher.

>>>

As Jihyo carried her tray over to the other cheerleaders, she stopped, as soon as she saw Mina. Should she ask her? Or would that make her look jealous? Jihyo's gaze followed Mina, even as Mina left the cafeteria. No matter how hard she thought, Jihyo still could not understand what Joshua saw in Mina. She has too many flaws. Sure, she's pretty, but Joshua doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would judge a girl by her looks... Does he?

As Mina walked along the red brick walls, she came to a stop at the wooden benches behind the school. Why would she expect her friends to be sitting here? They're definitely with Jungyeon, gossiping about her. Sighing, Mina felt tears stinging her eyes. Taking in a deep breath, she tried her best to hold in her tears, to prevent them from falling.

As she stared at the tiles on the floor, she started thinking about Joshua. The way he had shown her concern when he saw her crying. Usually, the other boys in the class would make fun of a girl when they saw her crying, but Joshua was different. However, though Mina found him nice, deep in her heart, she knew that she was not the one for him. There were other girls who much better than her, and she was not afraid to admit it. Taking in a deep breath, Mina turned back to her food.

Grabbing her tray from the table after finishing her meal,  Mina started to make her way back to the cafeteria. As she was about to return her tray, she just had to meet Jungyeon. Just great. As if my day couldn't get any worse. Mina rolled her eyes as she quickened her pace, trying to reach the tray return point before Jungyeon did, so as to avoid an awkward conversation. However, Jungyeon had already noticed her. Oh my god. Mina thought, as Jungyeon ran up to her. With no hesitation , Mina quickly turned away and tried her best to cover her face and run to the tray return point. However, to no avail, especially when she slipped on some water on the floor. Sitting on the floor, she started regaining her senses as she recovered from the impact. The sound that the tray made when it landed on the floor caused all eyes in the cafeteria to turn to her. She could literally feel their stares, as if they were bullets, piercing through her. Sitting on the floor without doing anything made her feel like an idiot, but she could not think of a more graceful way to escape this situation. She could feel tears fighting their way out of her eyes, but she couldn't cry. Not when almost the whole school was staring at her. Not when she was known as 'Miss Popular'... It would be too embarrassing, Mina still wouldn't go to school even if she had a paper bag over her face.

"Mina! Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Jungyeon asked, her voice filled with concern.

Mina turned around to glare at Jungyeon, who was trying to get her off the ground.

"Let go of me! Don't act like you care about me in front of the whole damn school when you actually don't!" Mina screamed, shrugging off Jungyeon's hand.

That, caused everyone to start whispering among themselves. Mina knew what would happen next, but she didn't care anymore. Everyone knows about all the conflict between her and her friends. With tears dwelling up in her eyes, Mina could start to feel her strong front start crashing down, revealing her vulnerable side.

"Leave me alone and get out of my life. I don't want to see you appear before me ever again. Just get lost! I don't need your help, I don't need your sympathy, okay? Just leave me alone!" Screaming at Jungyeon for one last time, Mina ran out of the cafeteria, burying her face in her hands as tears started spilling out of her eyes in a thousand different directions.

>>>

"Mina, you suck, do you know that?" Mina glared at her reflection in the mirror. She tried to make herself look fresher, tried to hide the fresh tear marks that were left by the tears that had just rolled down her face a few minutes ago, but somehow, she always seemed to be able to see the tear marks. Giving up, she grabbed a paper towel from the sides and wiped away all the water droplets on her face.

As soon as she stepped out of the toilet. She almost tripped over her own feet as soon as she saw Joshua standing outside the toilet. Regaining her composure, she tucked back her fringe and cleared her throat as she said, "Were you... Going to the toilet? Because the guy's toilet is at the other side." Mina pointed to the other end of the corridor.

"Mina, you can't avoid people forever." Joshua said softly. Mina could feel her heart beating against her chest so hard till it hurt. Joshua knew? Of course he would, he was a smart guy, he would have found out sooner or later.

"I know, even if I tried, I would never be able to..." Mina's voice started to drift off as she stared at the floor.

"You know, you don't have to do this. If you're lonely, you could always come and find me and you know, hang out?" Joshua suggested, staring into her eyes, which made her heart start to pound madly against her chest.

"Sure," she forced a smile, "I'll fInd you. But I've got to go now. I have... Practice." As soon as she finished her sentence, she ran down the corridor towards the classroom, wanting to get her bag and leave the school as soon as she could.

A/N
who do you want Joshua to get together with?
Jihyo or Mina? Pls comment your choice!!