0.27

"Wake up." his breath tickled Nayeon's ear, causing her to sit up, alarmed.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" Nayeon asked, yawning.

"Wash up and pack your things. We're moving." Seungcheol said softly, passing her a duffel bag.

"Finally! Thank you!" Nayeon exclaimed, a smile spreading across her face.

"But you can't go back to the other girls yet. It's not safe. They're probably still being watched. I heard that something happened to Momo recently." Seungcheol said, his expression unreadable.

"Then where will I be going?" Nayeon asked, climbing out of bed.

"My friend's house." he replied, walking towards the door.

Nayeon nodded, walking towards the bathroom quietly.

"You'll be with me, right?" Nayeon asked quietly, her voice shaking slightly.

"I... Can't."

"Why? How can I know that I can trust your friend? I don't even know him!" Nayeon cried out, a part of her desperately wanting Seungcheol to be with her until she meets the rest of the girls.

"Nayeon, please. Don't make this hard." Seungcheol sighed, his brows furrowed, as he held Nayeon's hand in his, trying to assure her.

Nayeon stared at him hard. Taking in a deep breath, she replied firmly, "No."

"Aish, Nayeon. Stop being such a child! Just listen to me, okay?"

"Then what if I am a child? I can't do this alone, I need someone that I know I can trust," sighing, she paused before continuing, "I need you."

>>>

"Nayeon..." Seungcheol's heart sank.

He couldn't being himself to do it either, she was so innocent, so clueless of whatever was going on around her.

"I'm sorry." He said finally, letting go of her hands.

"You'll be safe, I promise."

With that being said, he left the room. Closing the door behind him, he knew what he just did — he broke Nayeon's heart.

>>>

"Nayeon, let's go." Seungcheol called out from downstairs.

With a grunt, Nayeon dragged the duffel bag down together with her as she made her way down.

"Let me help you." Seungcheol said, his eyes not meeting hers as he reached over to take the bag from her hands.

"No. I'll be fine." Nayeon jerked away, the bag heavy in her hands.

Seungcheol stared at her for a moment, before he turned away.

"Okay," he answered quietly, opening the front door, "let's go."

The ride was quiet, with Nayeon still angry at Seungcheol for wanting to leave her with his friend.

"I'm sorry." he said again.

Nayeon looked away, not wanting to hear what he had to say.

"I'm really sorry"

"Too late."

"Hey, I know this is hard, but it will all be over soon. Okay? I'll be back before you know it. I'll be back for you when I'm done with what I have to do." Seungcheol flashed her a smile, making her heart flutter.

Not wanting to give in, Nayeon replied nonchalantly, "Whatever."

Hearing him sigh, she felt a tinge of guilt within her, causing a lump in her throat to form.