0.28

Nayeon placed her hand on her cheek lightly.

Aish, was Seungcheol playing with my feelings? Kissing me before he leaves, tch.

"Do you... Know when Seungcheol will be back?" Nayeon asked his friend.

"No. He didn't tell me"

Disappointment spread across Nayeon's face almost immediately.

"Why? You like him?" his friend teased.

"I... No! I don't, that's silly. Why would I?" laughing nervously, Nayeon felt her face burn with embarrassment.

"I'm going to get some rest." Nayeon quickly excused herself and went upstairs to her room.

As she closed the door, she wondered if she could trust his friend, her brain knows that she should, but her instincts told her otherwise.

Deciding to follow her instincts, she quickly locked the door, before falling onto the bed, fatigue quickly overwhelming her.

>>>

When Nayeon awoke, the room was dark and she could hear the sound of someone shaking the door. The door was shaking quite violently, but seemed to be trying to be quiet...

After awhile, the shaking stopped, and there was silence for a moment. Nayeon quickly got off the bed, backing away towards the window.

Then there was the sound of footsteps which were getting louder by the second. Then the sound of footsteps seemed to stop at the room door, and was followed by the sound of keys.

Before Nayeon could react, the door swung open.

"What's going on?" Seungcheol's friend asked.

"Is this... not my room?" Nayeon asked, starting to doubt herself.

What did he mean?

"No! This is the other guest room. This room is yours." he said as he led Nayeon into another room, which... had no windows...

"The other guest room? What do you mean? I prefer the other one though, this one has no windows." Nayeon quickly said, confused, her trust in Seungcheol's friend faltering.

"Oh," his friend shifted uncomfortably.

"I have another friend who wants to stay here tomorrow, and he told me that he wanted to stay in that guest room, where as Seungcheol did not specify so..." he stammered.

"O-Oh. I see, okay. Then I'll be going out for awhile, I think I need a walk." Nayeon laughed nervously, trying to excuse herself, her suspicions arising.

Before Seungcheol's friend could answer, Nayeon quickly skipped down the stairs, wanting to get out before his friend could stop her.

"Stop! You can't leave! Seungcheol said so!" he called after her.

"I'll be fast, I'll be back soon, I promise." Nayeon said, her words almost rushed, as she felt the urge to call Seungcheol, to tell him that everything was not fine, to tell him how weirdly his friend was behaving.

"No." his friend replied firmly, advancing on her.

"Okay, then lend me your phone please, I need to make a call. Please." Nayeon pleaded.

With a grunt, his friend reluctantly gave in, pointing towards his house phone, he left for his room.

With her fingers shaking, Nayeon quickly dialled Seungcheol's number.

"Hello?"

Seungcheol answered the call, his voice sounding weak and he was panting.

"Seungcheol, it's me, Nayeon. I- Everything's not okay your friend is creeping me out I'm scared I-" Nayeon broke halfway through her sentence, tears rolling down her cheeks as she let her emotions take over her.

"Shh. Listen to me okay, Nayeon? I need you to stay calm. Or this will not work. Where's my friend now?"

"He's upstairs... In his room." Nayeon whispered.

"After you hang up, don't bother about your things. And get out of there. Okay?"

"What? Why? I don't understand..." Nayeon whimpered as her tears started to dry.

"It's not safe there anymore. I was wrong about my friend, please, do as I say."

"O-Okay. Seungcheol, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

Nayeon heard Seungcheol cough and his breath was still heavy, as if he just ran a marathon.

After a moment of silence, Seungcheol spoke again,

"Nayeon,"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Then the call ended, and Nayeon felt as if her heart just shattered to a million pieces.

>>>

"I wonder how Nayeon's doing." Jungyeon said quietly as the girls left the school, heading back to the motel to get their belongings.

"Jun told me that she's dead..." Sana replied softly, her eyes brimming with tears.

"I sometimes question myself, on whether these guys are actually good people or not," Jihyo said, dragging her bag along after her.

"Hoshi's nice..." Momo said quietly.

"Yes, but what about the rest? Hoshi's not the only one." Dahyun replied.

"We could find a day to meet all of them..." Tzuyu suggested.

"When?" Sana asked.

"Well, they're right there..." Mina pointed, and the rest of the girls followed her gaze, to where a group of guys were at, and they looked as if they were in a deep conversation.

>>>

"Hey, we need to talk." Jihyo said, trying to sound slightly fierce. After all, she was the leader.

"About?" Joshua answered, moving away from the other guys.

"This whole killing us thing. What exactly is going on?" Jungyeon yelled out, clearly frustrated.

"Your boss... Didn't tell any of you?" Minghao, (The8) said, his voice low.

"I guess she kind of did." Dahyun stammered, feeling quite embarrassed at the fact that she was not sure on what was going on, yet she was a part of it.

"We're not in the mood to talk. Please leave." Mingyu said, sounding drained of energy.

"We come and go as we please." Chaeyoung interrupted.

"Look, as much as we don't want to kill you girls, we don't have a choice. If we don't follow our boss's orders, we die." Mingyu answered, clearly annoyed.

"So you're implying that you'd rather us die?" Sana said, her voice rising with anger.

"One of our friends is already dead, what else do you psychos want?" she screamed, utterly disgusted at their selfishness.

"Look, she's not dead, okay? One of us saved her, and now he's dead!" Mingyu retorted, his voice awfully loud, causing Tzuyu to flinch upon hearing his angry words.

Nayeon's alive, and... One of them died to save her?

A/N
a lil' bit of angst coming up
& i'll try to update more during the holidays :D