0.21

Tzuyu slumped against the wall and sighed. She stared at the small window and looked around the room. Somewhere near her, there was a box of match sticks. I have to take that chance. Tzuyu sighed and stretched as far as she could towards the box. As her fingers touched the egdes of the box, she smiled. Pulling the box towards her, she grabbed hold of it and lit one up. Carefully, she brought the flame near her wrist, where the chains held her. Placing the flame on the metal, she waited patiently, hoping that the heat was enough to melt the metal.

As time passed, she could feel the metal heat up and her lips curled up. When she thought that the metal might actually melt, she realised she thought wrong when the metal became so hot, it burned her wrist. Screaming, she dropped the matchstick on the floor and blew at the chain, trying to cool it down.

"I hate you, Kim Mingyu!" she screamed, hoping that this time, she would get an answer.

She did. She got an answer. The sound of waves crashing against rocks. The sound of sea birds sqwaking. She was near a sea. And that also meant that she was probably far away from the motel---far away from the girls.

Not long after, she heard sounds. Footsteps apporaching the room. Tzuyu watched the door closely, waiting for it to swing open---hoping that the girls would be at the other side of the door.

However, it was not the girls. It was a few masked men, all of similair build---tall and muscular, with broad shoulders.

"Enjoying your stay, Miss Zhou Tzuyu?" one of the men asked, his voice low and gruff.

He's not Mingyu.

"Where's Mingyu? I need to speak to him." she demanded.

"Mingyu?" Another man chuckled.

"He's not going to see you any more. He's not needed anymore. His job is done. We're just finishing it for him." he laughed and drew out a gun.

"No..." she whimpered as she backed up to the wall.

"No? Okay then." he kept his gun and drew out a pen knife from his pocket.

Walking over, he grabbed her wrist violently.

Tzuyu tried shaking her hand free, however to no avail as the man held on tightly. He smelled of smoke and his hands were rough and calloused.

"Let me go." she said firmly and attempted kicking him, but she ended up hurting herself as the knife sliced her jeans, leaving her with a scratch acros her leg, which was stinging with pain.

"I won't go easy on you." Glaring at her, the men grabbed her wrist and pressed the knife onto it, leavign Tzuyu screaming in pain as blood oozed out, her unable to do anything but watch as her blood trickle to the floor.

>>>

The next morning, the girls got up early to the sound of Jihyo's phone ringtone.

"Hello?" Jihyo asked.

"Is this Park Jisoo?" a woman's voice asked.

"Yes. This is Park Jisoo. What's the matter?" Jihyo asked, concerned.

"Your friend... Zhou Tzuyu. She's hospitalised and the police would like to talk to you." the woman said.

"Oh. Okay." Sighing, Jihyo put down the phone.

"I'm going out for a while." she said and went to get ready.

>>>

"Be careful." The girls called after her as she left. Forcing a smile, she waved goodbye to them and left the motel and headed to the police station.