Chapter 2 [📱]

"I'm glad you're doing great, mom."

It was about four in the morning but I couldn't get a wink of sleep. Maybe it was because the fact that my whole world turned upside down hasn't sunk in to me yet. That's why I decided to call my mom and ask how she was doing. After all, I wished for all of this because I didn't want her to risk her health for us. That's why knowing she's having fun and living life like a queen was more important to me than anything.

"Sam misses you, Y/N," she said and I heard her tone drop.

"Tell her I'm sorry, mom. I have a lot of things to do but I'll do my best to visit soon, I promise."

She sighed in a way that made me think that she missed me too. But I had to make sacrifices so we could all be happy.

"We love you."

"I love you too, mom."

We talked for about half an hour more before she needed to leave. I wanted to talk to Sam but she was still in school. We've never been this far apart before, and I didn't know the specific dynamics of my wish but, I still needed to talk to her. Just the feeling of knowing what she's been up to was enough for me.

The moment she hung up, I covered my eyes with my arm still clutching the phone in my hand. I tried to let sleep tuck me in but it was as elusive as ever. All I did was replay the memories of yesterday on my mind.

There really wasn't anything specific for me to do so after our short meeting, Julian told me it was okay for me to take the day off since we were going to start a session today. I really didn't want to leave. One reason being, I was probably just going to get bored because I was going to be alone again.

And second, well... who wanted to leave the presence of five beautiful girls?

But I didn't want to mingle with anyone yet. Not when I still didn't know what to say or how to act like a famous person. I mean I didn't even know my own life for pit's sake. I saw pictures of me with Rihanna, Madonna, hell even Kanye West. Yet I couldn't remember any of it.

But there was someone who could make me.

I lifted my arm and unlocked my phone. I tapped the Phantasm app and waited for it to load before I was met with a familiar face.

"Well, good to see you again, Y/N!" remarked Phantasm. "It's a new day and you know what that means, right?" She sighed when I didn't answer but continued nonetheless. "New wishes!"

"Right..." I dragged out. "Before that, I need to ask you some questions."

"Well about time." She smiled at me and crossed her arms across her chest. "Fire away."

I guess I should start with the most obvious one. "These wishes aren't free, are they? I mean, there are consequences of some sort."

She tapped her finger on her mouth while I waited for her answer. "Well," she said about a minute later, "I don't think it's called a consequence but you do have to achieve a requirement for you to get your wish for the day."

"Wish for the day? So there's only one wish a day?"

"Three," she said, holding up three fingers. "No more than tres deseos." As she said that, the phrase 'three wishes' flashed on the screen.

"Okay," I said, nodding. "That's fair... I guess. Anyway, what's the requirement?"

"Ooh," she exclaimed, perking up. Whenever she was happy, I instantly became nervous. "That's actually the fun part. You see, in order for you to get your three wishes, you first have to do something I want."