Chapter 16 [📱]

"This is not going to end well for you, Y/N. You tried this before. Remember what happened?"

Phantasm's warning was drowned out by the pulsing beat and high-octane rhythm flowing from the speakers of the club. After crying my eyes out for what seemed like hours, I decided to drive somewhere where I can forget—where I can numb the pain. And as was proven and tested, alcohol does that.

So now I'm here in this deafening place to try and at least soften the pain I was feeling.

I made my way up the stairs and into a private room where they had an isolated bar and view of the dancefloor for VIPs. The bouncer didn't give me any problem, recognizing me immediately as I made my way to the bar. The sound in this part of the club wasn't as loud as downstairs so the pulsing in my brain had a break. And soon enough, hopefully, my heart would get its break too.

I asked the bartender to get me a martini as Phantasm continued to try and stop me. "This is not the way to move on. Let's just go home."

I chuckled bitterly and placed my phone on the counter. "Don't worry, I used up all three already right? I won't make a stupid wish this time."

"That's not what I mean," she said with a sigh. "Even if you forget about the pain today, do you think it'll be the same tomorrow? Or the day after that? The pain won't go away just because you drink."

"At least for tonight. At least for one night. Just let me forget the pain."

Phantasm looked at me with pity. I knew she was disappointed in me and maybe even disappointed in herself for not stopping me. But she wasn't the one who felt like a thousand arrows wedged themselves in their heart. She wasn't the one who wanted to break down.

"It's midnight in ten minutes. Your wishes would reset so it won't be possible for you to drunk wish again."

The bartender served the martini in front of me and I readily drank it in one gulp. There was no use trying to act coy anymore since I needed to get drunk and fast. As if reading my mind, the bartender took the empty glass and prepared another one silently.

It was after four, maybe five glasses, when I realized I was already drunk. Phantasm left me alone on the third one and I didn't blame her. I must look like a mess right now. Luckily, the bartender wasn't saying anything so I didn't need to make small talk. He just continued to refill my glass amidst the arrival of some new faces.

I was in the club for about an hour when he arrived. By this time, I was positively smashed and I barely had a grip on what was happening. I waved at the newcomer from the bar when he saw me. He was the last person I expected to call but in the end, he was the only one who had an idea about what I was feeling.

"Y/N, are you drunk?" he asked, sliding into the stool next to me.

"Shawny! You're here," I drawled out. He looked at me from head to toe and furrowed his eyebrows. I wonder if he still saw me as his idol after seeing me like this.

"Uh... I shouldn't be here. I'm not legal yet," he said.

"Oh don't worry about that boy, you're not here to drink." I laughed and drank the martini in front of me. "I am."

He looked confused and normally I would've felt sorry for him but after numerous drinks, I had no emotional capacity to care anymore. Hooray for small victories I guess.

"Why did you call me? I'm actually glad you did because you shouldn't be alone at your state."

"Because you're my only friend, Shawn," I answered, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "Because Camila fucked me up."