Chapter 6 [📱]

"You want me to do what?!"

Phantasm crossed her arms and glared me down. "E-mail the goat version of 'I Knew You Were Trouble' to Taylor Swift and tell her the goat's the one who should've won a Grammy."

"Do you want my career to die? That's not fair," I argued.

"Oh and leaving me in a hotel room is? Wish me outta here so I can fight you!"

A sound that can only be described as a grunt mixed with a groan escaped my lips. It's only been two days since I first arrived in Miami and Phantasm was already giving me a hard time. I called the hotel and luckily they found my phone on the sofa just where I left it. My mom however, decided to buy me a new phone instead of having someone send my original one to me.

I couldn't tell her that I needed that particular phone because Phantasm was there so I just accepted her offer. But the moment I accessed the Apple store, surprise surprise, Phantasm appeared, her eyes boring a hole through my skull. She spent two hours lecturing me about leaving her and how difficult it was to find me. She told me that I needed to sign into my Apple account just so she could locate me. Then after that another half hour of her yelling how lucky I was to have her, blah blah.

Honestly, I slept like halfway through it.

And now she's having me make it up to her by killing my relationship with Taylor Swift. This fucking genie aims to make my life hell, I swear to god.

"Phantasm, okay look." I knew this could only be stopped if I gave her what she wanted. Plus I was in no position to anger the one person who made my dreams come true. "How about this? As my apology for leaving you and because you always grant my wishes, I'll grant you one wish—any wish. As long as it's within my power and does not hurt my career."

Phantasm pursed her lips and studied me. After a few minutes she finally smiled and brought her hands down to her sides. "Alright, I'll take it. It's a deal."

"Great," I said with a sigh. At least I finally appeased her somehow. "So, what do I have to do to get my wishes for the day?"

"E-mail the goat version of 'I Knew You Were Trouble' to Taylor Swift and tell her the goat's the one who should've won a Grammy."

"Fuck you."

I could hear Phantasm's laugh even as I left the room and went downstairs for breakfast. Now that my morning was ruined by a fairy who thinks she's hysterical, I went to the kitchen in hopes of a delicious breakfast salvaging my mood.

The faint smell of chicken was present even when I was still in the foyer. And that's saying something because apparently the size of my house was akin to a small mansion. It was curious as to why the cooks would be preparing chicken at this time of the morning. As I neared the source of the smell, I also heard the faint humming of my mom and the low murmur of the television.

"Oh, wow."

My mom was busy chopping up some sort of leaves while Sam was watching her enthusiastically on the kitchen bar with her feet swinging lazily against the stool. I got the gist of the whole house from Phantasm yesterday and she told me there were about two cooks in the house at any time. But I count two standing behind my mom and another two cooking something on the far right.

Mom looked up from her work and smiled at me. "Good morning, Y/N. Were you looking for breakfast? Sorry I've been busy cooking this morning."

"It's fine," I assured her and moved towards the fridge. "I'll just have some orange juice."

"I want one too, sis," Sam shouted. I grabbed two glasses from the cupboard and filled them both up with some juice. I placed one glass in front of Sam before moving to the counter and standing across from my mom.