Chapter 10 [📱]

The moment I opened my eyes, I knew it was gonna be a bad day.

I could hear my phone ringing but I couldn't get up, not with the unrelenting headache I had. So instead of hauling myself off the bed, I grabbed my pillow from under me and tried to cover my ears with it. I did my best to sleep again but I couldn't shake the feeling of a jackhammer breaking its way through my skull.

Throwing the pillow away, I groggily rolled over towards the edge of my bed. But no sooner had I placed one foot down, my knees gave way and I found myself falling on the floor with a loud thud.

"Ugh." My thoughts were fuzzy and there wasn't anything on my mind but to get my ass off the floor. As soon as I stood up however, I felt the floor moving, like I was in a Gravitron. Add that with the headache I was experiencing and I immediately found myself running towards the bathroom and heaving everything I could into the toilet.

It seemed like hours until I could finally stand up without falling over a second later. I winced at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was all over the place and my eyes were bloodshot. I splashed some water on my face, hoping my mind would get through the haze and wake up.

As soon as I finished, I slowly made my way out the bathroom and sat at the edge of the bed. I drank some water and hoped it would get rid of the headache but to no avail.

"Y/N?"

I looked around, trying to find the source of the voice and saw a concerned Phantasm looking at me from my phone. I placed her beside me on the bed and massaged my temple.

"Hey, can you give me some painkillers? My head feels like it's gonna burst."

"Yeah..." She made a pill appear next to my water which I consumed immediately. It didn't escape my notice how she did it without question. I didn't even wish for it.

"Thanks," I said. I tried to breathe in and out slowly to try and regulate the pulsing in my head.

"Y/N... umm..."

I turned beside me. "Yeah?"

Phantasm looked uncomfortable, biting her lip and refusing to meet my eyes. This was the first time I talked to her without her signature confidence and wit. She genuinely looked like she was distressed. But I had no idea why.

"Do you—by any chance—remember what happened last night?"

"What? Of cou—" I was about to tell her I did when my mind immediately went blank. There were no indication of any memories present in any part of my day last night. Try as I might, I can't remember what I did or even who I was with.

"Oh my god," Phantasm whispered, "you don't."

"I don't—I'm coming up blank. Why don't I remember? What happened?"

"You—you were... drunk." I didn't remember anything about drinking last night or the reason why I would be drinking. But that would explain a lot. Why I had a headache and why I threw up first thing in the morning.

Even why I didn't remember what happened last night.

"And then you..." Phantasm let the words hang between us. I was about to ask her if she was just scaring me but then I looked at her eyes and saw that she was scared herself. What could I have done for her to look so petrified?

"Phantasm, what did I do?"

"Y/N... you made... a wish."

I shook my head. "What's so wrong about that?"

"You really don't remember?"

My mind began to replay the events of yesterday. It was a day unlike any other day. It was supposed to be an unforgettable day. And judging by Phantasm's face, it looked like it was something I had no business forgetting.