Chapter 4 [📱]

"You... are... a... monster... A... fucking monster!"

Phantasm's laugh echoed in my ears as I talked in between wheezes. I just got back from a six kilometer jog that the devil in my phone made me do. Not only did she make me run that long but she told me I had to do it in forty minutes.

FORTY MINUTES.

Just so I could get my set of three wishes today. I thought if I didn't use some wishes I had in the previous days, they would carry over but oh no. She was intent on making my life a living hell.

Which is quite ironic since she's actually the one who also gave me the dream life I'm living in right now.

After a few more gulps of breath, I finally had it in me to take a quick shower before going to my studio session today. I was already running a bit late but I don't think it'll be a problem since Julian told me yesterday that we were already well ahead of schedule with the album. There's been no hiccups so far and we've resolved all the girls' concerns in a minimal amount of time. Pretty soon, we'd go to post-production and just need to layer tracks and tweak some sounds here and there. After that, we'll all be good to go.

I flashed my bodyguard a quick smile when he met me outside the hotel. He opened the car door for me and soon enough, I was on my way to work again.

A few weeks had already passed and Camila and I were stronger than ever. At least that's what I wanted to think. Communication would flow naturally between us and I could honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable moments of my life—just being with her. Now, granted I did have a thing for her, but that just made it more worthwhile.

I mean, how could I not have a thing for her? She was kind, funny, easy to talk to, and just plain amazing. Could I see myself being with someone like her? Well, who didn't? Which means I may have more competition than I first thought.

Maybe it was time I finally made a move on her?

Smiling at the thought, I entered the studio and almost instantly felt my heart drop.

Camila was hugging a guy right in front of me.

I had to mentally check if my jaw was still on my face when they pulled away from each other and turned in my direction.

"Oh my god, you're Y/N!" he exclaimed. "I'm a huge fan."

He then moved to hug me but I stepped back just in time to slip away from his grasp.

"What's going on?" I asked.

The other girls were watching us as Camila made her way towards me. "This is Shawn Mendes. He's an awesome singer," she said, gesturing to him.

Shawn grinned at me and held out his hand. "That's me."

"That's... you..." I drawled out while reluctantly shaking his hand. I know I only met the guy but there's something about him that felt like a weight's been pressed on my chest. "I assume you're friends with the girls?"

"Yeah, they're amazing."

"Got that right," I said. "So you're visiting?"

"Uh, actually..." He turned to Camila and smiled. "I'm here to take Camila out for a celebration."

The last three words didn't even register in my mind because when I heard 'take Camila out', my mind was already going into overdrive. I studied the two of them as they both smiled at each other. Did this guy like Camila?

Or were they actually dating?

It seemed like I zoned out after that. My mind was in another place as I watched Camila and Shawn leave out the door together. Even when it was time for the girls to record, I wasn't present. I was functioning—just not thinking or feeling.