14

My body trembles in fear and confusion as I slowly let what happened sink in.

That girl was alive just a second ago.

"You okay, Lauren?" Elizabeth bends down to eye-level with me. "J-Jesus Christ.." I whimper out; my voice cracking.

As the ambulance takes the body away, a guard comes up to me. "Ms. White,"

"What is it..?" I say as Elizabeth helps me stand. "What should we do with the boy?" He asks.

My eyes travel over to Chandler who looks at the guards pinning him down, chuckling as the blood on his cheek begins to dry.

Anger starts to boil in my veins. I told him to try to behave, this is the last straw.

I walk past the guard and the other guards pinning him down all look at me, including Chandler.

"Put him in a padded cell, make sure he's in a straight jacket and sedated for today" I glare down at him, "I have fucking work to do"
__________

"Are you serious?"

           "No that can't be true"

    "my god"

"She's dead?"

"Lauren? No way"

"She couldn't have"

"Holy shit"

Rumors are the fuel of this school, and in this case, they aren't good.

"There's no way she could've killed Destiny.." I hear a girl whisper to her friend as I walk down the hallway.

Everyone thinks I killed her.

And I'm getting payed back good because of it.

"It even looks like she got into a fight.." I hear another voice say as I run my fingers along the bruise on my cut lip from Stephanie's ring.

Everyone hates me because "I" killed the queen of the school.

"Serves her right" the other voice speaks. I have multiple bruises on my face. It's been almost a week since the incident and I've been getting shit at school everyday now.

My skin is beyond bruised everywhere, and the faculty does nothing but sit down and turn a blind eye towards it.

I huff and I make my way back to Serenity. "I've haven't seen chan-.. patient 3323 all week, and I'm not planning to either." I mutter to myself.

He made me look like this. He did this to me.

Elizabeth immediately rushes towards me once I entered the building.

Since my dad wants me to be attending school still, he assigned Elizabeth who volunteered to ditch school to take my place while I was forced to get to that wretched place.