28

His leather-gloved hands grab my chair and lifts it back up forcefully.

The blood trickles down my chin and falls onto my bare lap. He reaches in his jacket and pulls out something sharp.

A switchblade

My eyes widen as he walks behind me. I feel the warm tears trickle down my cheeks, mixing in with the raindrops on my face.

I hear the rope being cut as it slides off of my wrists. My arms slide to the sides of the chair as I try to move them but fail.

He walks to the front and cuts the ropes at my bare feet. He walks backwards and looks at me, "get up." He demands forcefully.

I try to move my body but it seemed frozen. Limp, cold and useless.

I slowly stand up but immediately fall to the ground, blue and purple blisters and bruises cover my freezing cold feet as I grunt in pain.

My ribcage pounds as pain submerges my body when I try to catch my breath.

He chuckles and walks towards me before I felt myself lifting off the ground.

He picks my up bridal style as he stares at the blood trickling down my neck.

He starts walking deeper into the forest. "You're probably wondering why you're half naked.." he speaks up as my cold body lays limply in his arms.

"You have way too many self-defense shit on you." He laughs.

I slowly close my eyes so the rain doesn't get in them. "You shouldn't have broken the rules." He states.

"You left the house. You aren't suppose to do that." He scoffs. "But then again it's my fault for not locking it shut."

"Tch, you could've unlocked it easily anyway.." he mumbles to himself.

Suddenly, I don't feel the rain pour on me anymore as I hear a loud creak.

He suddenly tosses me onto the ground but I land on something soft.

A mattress.

As I lay on the cold mattress, the body unable to move, I look at my surroundings.

A small cabin, a small worn-down, beaten up couch, a table and two chairs made of wood. A dirty kitchen that looks no where near usable.

He walks up to me and leans down on one knee. He stares at me up and down and sighs.

"Here.." he mutters under his breath as he grabs a blanket from behind him and lays it over my shoulders.

I grab the two edges of the blanket and wrap myself in it, in hopes to get some warmth.

It's dead silent in the room, the only thing to be heard is the rain pouring against the wooden cabin in the middle of the dark forest.

"Look, I.." he sighs and averts his gaze to the ground.

"I-I didn't want it to be like this.." he mumbles. "I didn't want to take you like this but I know I had to.."

"I knew that after that phone call you would contact the police and I'd end up right back where I was"

"I.. didn't want.." he pauses and looks at me. "I didn't want them to take you away from me." He days and my eyes widen in surprise.

Silence.

"Y-You're my only source of sanity.." he takes a shaky breath. "I can't let them take my sanity away." He growls under his breath.

"This is why I'll keep you with me.. here." He looks back at me. "W-Will I ever see them again..?" I speak up, my voice cracking.

He stares into my eyes as something in them clicks like a light switch. "No." He replies.

Reality struck me when it started to sink in. My eyes start to water and my cheeks become flushed.

My dad.. my friends.

"No, no, no, no don't cry..!" He raises his hands to my cheeks and wipes my falling tears away with his thumbs.

He presses his forehead against mine as he entangled his fingers in my hair.

"You're safe now.."

"With you?!" I yell out and he pulls away quickly in surprise.

More tears fall down my cheeks as he freezes in silence.

"N-No.."
__________

75 votes and comments for the new chapter to be released.