17

As I reach the asylum, I quickly open the doors and run inside. "Lauren! You made it without dying!" Elizabeth teases as I hang up my wet jacket.

"Shut up, freckle face.." I mutter as she laughs, handing me a clipboard. "Since you don't have a license to do the electroshock therapy, give this to the doctors in the medical room."

I nod, "now go get that psycho ready for his treatment." She winks and I grab the clipboard.

I walk over to the hallway where all the cells are a small thundering noise echoes through the building and I flinch slightly.

I straighten myself up and keep walking to Chandler's cell.

I unlock the cell door and slide it open, revealing the brunette boy on the bed, probably sedated since he has handcuffs on.

"What kinda idiot nurse left him in handcuffs.." I mutter.

I slowly crouch down with the straight jacket I picked up at the supply room slung over my shoulder.

"Chandler.." I whisper, trying to wake him up.

  No response.

I carefully and hesitantly reach over and lay my hand on his cheek shaking him a bit. He stirs and groans in reply.

"Chandler wake up.." I whisper a little louder and he slowly opens his eyes.

I remove my hand from his cheek and give him a small smile. He rolls off the bed and hits the ground with a large thud.

I gasp, "are you alright?"

I only get a small chuckle in return. "Hey princess" he glares up at me.

I swallow hard as I help him sit up. "Hey.. I have to get you ready for the treatment.." I mutter and his eyes widen.

"Don't worry, you won't feel anything this time." I reassure him and he sighs. "Now turn around so I can put this on you" I say, lifting up the white jacket.

He turns around, his back facing me as I put his arms through the sleeves carefully.

As I zip up the back, the loudest booming noise echoes through the building and I let out a small yelp, squeezing my eyes shut.

"what's wrong?" He asks, I freeze and bite my lip hard. "I-It's nothing.." I breathe out and continue to tighten the straps of the straight jacket.

"Don't tell me it's the thunder..?" He smirks and I shoot him a glare. "Shut up." I spit and he chuckles as another BOOM is heard through the building. I whimper and lean my head against his back as he freezes.

I start shaking lightly as I try to calm myself down. "A-Are you alright..?" His voice softens as I shake my head, panting.

It can't strike me inside

"Y-Yes.." I sigh and continue to tie the straps of the jacket.

"Alright.. lets go." I help him stand up and I open the door.
__________

When we got to the medical room, I tell Chandler to sit down on the waiting chairs, and he obeys.

"Thank you for being cooperative today, I appreciate it." I tell the boy and he looks at me, "I don't have a choice to disobey, do I?" He raises his eyebrow and I laugh.

"Nope." I wink as the doors open and in comes the nurse.

She held a clipboard in the pale, delicate hands as she looked at the both of us with a warm smile gracing her red lips.

"Electroshock, correct?" She smiles and I nod as Chandler squirms around in his jacket uncomfortably.

"Alright, I'll just take his blood pressure and the doctor with be right with you" she replies and my eyes widen.

"So that means I have to take off the jacket..?"

"Oh yes," she says. "He hand have the jacket on him while the electroshock is happening either since he can't have a shirt on during the operation."

"I see." I mutter and look at him. I pull out the handcuffs so he doesn't try anything when I let him out of that jacket.

I still don't trust him completely yet.

I take his jacket off and handcuff him. The nurse takes his blood pressure and instructs him to take off his shirt and sit on the examination table.

He does just so as she sticks the electrodes to his chest, neck, and back.

He lays down on the table as the doctor comes in to give him the anesthesia. "Unfortunately, the handcuffs have to be off during this procedure." The doctor says and I hesitate to take them off.

Why the fuck..?

As the doctor puts the anesthesia mask on him, he shoots me a worried look, as if signaling me to help.

I walk over to him and pull up a chair, sitting next to him. "Don't worry, you won't feel a thing." I whisper.

I suddenly feel something cold grab ahold of my hand tightly.

I look down and see it's his hand, I look back at him as his eyes flutter open and shut. He's falling asleep.

I reach over and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"It'll be alright, I promise." I say as his hand slowly starts to loosen around mine.

Finally, he is fully unconscious as he head falls to the side, his hand fully lets go of mine.

"Ms. White I have to tell you to leave the room, the radiation isn't healthy." He says and I nod slightly, leaving the room.

As I shut the door closed, Beth runs up to me. "There you are! Doctor White has written up a new patient for interrogation." She says.

"I see," I say. "She's in the lobby" she replies as we both walk towards the lobby. There sits an old woman in a seat, twitching and spitting out random words every now and then.

"Hello there!" I smile and she looks up at me, smiling back. Elizabeth hands me her file and I look at her name.

"Rosanna, right?" I ask, bending down to her level. She slightly nods and suddenly twitches a bit.

"She has Tourettes and schizophrenia." Beth says and I nod. Suddenly I hear a familiar voice, "sorry grandma I forgot something in the car-" the voice suddenly stops as I look up at the voices owner.

The light brown hair, the green eyes.

My eyes widen.

The boy from the street.
____________

55 votes and comments for the new chapter to be released.