Lance Stroll ~ Williams

"I couldn't stop thinking about you..." (915 words)

---

"Lance!" Claire yelled to try and get his attention, but alas, it didn't work. "Lance, are you listening to us?"

"Huh, what?" Lance shook his head and looked at the deputy principal, who had her arms crossed and was glaring at him.

"We were just talking about the charity gala," Felipe spoke up, looking at his younger teammate. Noticing that Lance was distracted and less chatty, Felipe cleared his throat and chimed in, "Ms. Williams, would you mind if Lance and I took a little break and just stroll outside?"

She nodded her head and let the two drivers leave the conference room for a bit.

---

"Camarada, are you feeling okay?" Felipe spoke up as he and Lance were outside, wanting to know what was going on with the fellow driver.

"It's nothing, just feeling nervous about the upcoming Grand Prix, I guess." Lance shrugged his shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal, but Felipe knew he was lying.

"Lance, I like you, my friend," Felipe spoke his thoughts as he started to sound upset as he didn't like being lied to. "But, I hate it when you lie to me. I hate it when anybody lies to me, actually. And right now, I don't believe any of the crap, so will you tell me the truth."

Lance took a deep breath and he looked back at the Brazilian before he spilled the truth. "I've been having someone on my thoughts these past few weeks and it's been hard for me to focus on anything because of her."

"Mate," Felipe's facial expression softened as he realized who Lance was talking about. "Are you in love with Y/N?"

"Wow, how did you know?" Lance looked at Felipe in shock, he was at a loss for words and couldn't say anything.

"Because she's in love with you, Lance," he spoke softly as he put his hand on Lance's shoulder. "She told me when we were in Spain and you were out during practice."

"What am I going to do about this, Felipe?" Lance looked at him for help and didn't know what he was going to do.

"Fly out to Montréal, Lance." Felipe blurted out, making Lance hesitate. "I'll tell Claire it's for personal reasons. Stay there for a few days, the charity gala isn't for another week."

"You sure this is going to work?" He looked at the Brazilian in an unsure manner, who in return, nodded his head.

"Camarada," Felipe softly smiled as he squeezed Lance's shoulder for reassurance and nodded his head towards the direction of the car that belonged to Lance. "Please, I don't want to see you hurting anymore. Just fly to Montréal and surprise her."

"Alright," Lance sighed in defeat and got his car keys from his pocket. "I'll get on a red-eye flight," he spoke up, which made Felipe shake his head. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Go to your place and pack a few days worth of clothes in your luggage and then get on the first plane to Montréal." Felipe nudged him towards his car before stepping back. "I'll see you in a few days, camarada."

---

"Hold on, I'm coming," Y/N spoke up as she stopped reviewing the papers she was given during her internship and walked to the front door of her apartment. Opening the door, her E/C eyes immediately stared into the familiar dark brown eyes of Lance's, who was stood outside in the pouring rain. "Lance! Come inside," she pulled him into her apartment and away from the rain.

"Surprise?" He smiled and chuckled as he came inside and quickly pulled her in for a hug. "I missed you so much, Y/N." He whispered in her hair as he held her body close to his. "Words can't describe how much I missed you."

"I missed you too, Lance," Y/N smiled as she laid her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat, which quickened when she was around him. "It's been two months since we last saw each other, but I thought you were back in the UK for stuff with Williams?"

"I was," Lance chuckled as he took a step back and took a moment to admire her. "But, there was something, or someone in this case, who is on my mind twenty-four/seven."

Y/N's cheeks started to heat up and turn red as she felt herself closing the space between her and Lance, who in return, wrapped his arms around her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Lance..." She spoke up before smashing her lips onto his, kissing him in a gentle yet passionate way. He was taken back by shock for a second before he started to kiss her back and didn't want to let go of her.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you, Y/N," Lance whispered as soon as he pulled away to catch up with his breathing. "In fact, Felipe was the one who encouraged me to get on a flight to Montréal, just to see you and say these four words."

"Which are?"

"I love you, Y/N..."

"I love you too, Lance."

---

Hi! I'm back with another update for today (or tonight I should say). And as usual, requests are open right now and I'd be happy to write about any F1, F2, etc. drivers. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the imagine; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀