Lando Norris ~ McLaren

"To me, you're always perfect..." (865 words)

He's a bit older in this one shot, just a heads up!

---

"Oh, how's he doing?" Y/N chewed on her nails as she stood near one of the engineers. She heard chuckles from them as they could sense her distress and nervousness from where they stood. It was now the 2023 Formula 1 season and the championship was a three-way tie between Max Verstappen, Charles Leclerc, and of course, Y/N's boyfriend, Lando. It was the last Grand Prix of the season and it was getting intensely competitive as hell.

"He's holding the position," one of the engineers spoke up as they turned around and faced the worried Y/N with a comforting smile. "I'm sure he's going to win," they spoke up as they turned back around and focused on the monitor.

"I hope so," she mumbled under her breath as she adjusted her headphones and also focused on the monitor. It was the final lap of the Grand Prix and Y/N was holding her breath as she closely observed her boyfriend in these final moments.

Max was approximately three seconds behind Lando and Y/N was about to jump out of her chair when she saw the Dutch driver go in for the overtake attempt on the British driver. She stayed silent and mumbled prayers of hope as she wanted Lando to win overall and to some extent, Lando knew that Max was behind him, so he kept looking forward and through perseverance, he didn't allow him to go past him.

And it all seemed to fly by so quickly, but Lando crossed the checkered flag and won the race. He won the race and also won the driver's championship; he was a world champion! The entire crew started to cheer as they heard Lando scream and yell with joy in his voice as he started to donut around the circuit like Nico Rosberg when he won his championship.

"I couldn't have done it without your help and support, team," Lando sounded emotional as he spoke to his team through the radio and Y/N had a smile on her face as she could imagine how he was feeling at that moment. "Thank you! Thank you! World champion, we did it!"

Y/N felt Lando's head engineer nudge her shoulder; making her turn around and face them. Then, they mouthed for her to say something to Lando through the radio. She felt nervous and politely shook her head, but they weren't having it.

"I'm so proud of you, honey," Y/N's voice was weak as she was about to burst into tears. Not tears of sadness, but tears of joy as she was happy and exhilarated that her boyfriend accomplished his dream of becoming an F1 world champion. "You had an amazing race and I couldn't be any happier for you, Lando."

"I dedicate this win and every other win I've had in this series to you, sweetheart," Y/N giggled as she heard Lando respond to her through the radio. She noticed that his voice was also cracking, which meant that he was close to crying. "Without your support, I wouldn't be here today. I love you so much, Y/N L/N."

"I love you too, Lando Norris, my world champion," she had a genuine smile on her face as she heard the team cheer again as they saw Lando's car approach the garage.

---

"I am so proud of you," Y/N whispered to Lando as they cuddled on top of the hotel bed. Her head rested on his shoulder and her E/C eyes were looking into Lando's blue-green eyes; which sparkled as he looked at his girlfriend in front of him. He quietly chuckled to himself as he fiddled with the box in the pocket of his sweatpants. "Hey, what's up? You've been quiet since we've left the circuit."

"Marry me," was all he said and Y/N's eyes immediately widened. Her mind started to think many thoughts and emotions as she fully processed what Lando blurted out. "I understand if you don't want to accept this proposal immediately but..." the Brit was rambling on and on before Y/N shut him up with a kiss on the lips and had a smile on her face.

"I'd love to marry you, Lando," she giggled softly and felt tears starting to prick in her eyes once more that day. He rushed to get the box out of his pocket and opened it. Gently lifting the ring out of the velvet box, Lando carefully slipped it onto her engagement finger; kissing her hand. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, sweetheart," he smiled at his new fiancée before kissing her on the lips, "to me, you're perfect and I can't wait for us to be married..."  

---

Hi, I'm back with another update! I've been updating on the other book, but I'm back now. Fret not, the Artem Markelov one shot will be up soon. As for now, keep an eye out for the next one, which will be with George Russell. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀