Pascal Wehrlein ~ Sauber F1

"There's a reason why I got it..." (1195 words)

---

"Where are you? I'm literally waiting for you at the restaurant," the sound of B/F/N shouting into the microphone rattled Y/N's ears; who was having a difficult time with her dress. The dress code for the restaurant she and her friends decided to go to had a specific dress code of having to dress up fancy, which was the main culprit of why Y/N was running late. B/F/N had recently gotten engaged to her fiancé, so the dinner was planned as a way for the group of friends to hang out like they used to.

"I'm having a little wardrobe malfunction," Y/N replied back to her impatient friend, who was questioning her obvious absence. "I swear, I'm ready and everything, but I just can't get the zipper zipped up."

"Alright," she sighed in defeat as she could relate to the predicament Y/N was facing, "I just hope you make it in time before the restaurant closes..."

"You can count on me to be there soon, B/F/N," Y/N huffed, "I'll see you in a few. Bye!" She hung up the phone call, knowing that she had very limited time.

The apartment was just her, she had no roommates, but luckily, she had a good friend who lived across the hall from her. And she knew that he would help her out with the dress zipper. Doing so, she grabbed her all of her essentials and slipped her feet into the comfortable 1-and-1/2 inch wedges she had always cherished. As she rushed out of the door, Y/N briskly strolled over to the adjacent apartment and hoped that he was there.

To her delight, Pascal opened the door and smiled at Y/N. He wasn't expecting her to be at his doorstep, especially since she mentioned the engagement dinner for B/F/N to him several times.

"Hi, Pascal!" Her cheeks heated up and turned a bright crimson red as she greeted her neighbor and her good friend.

"Y/N! What are you doing here?" Pascal smiled from ear-to-ear, which accentuated his Adonis-like cheekbones. "I thought you had to go to your friend's engagement dinner?"

"I do," she nodded her head and pointed towards her back, indicating that she had something on her back, "but, I couldn't quite reach this." Turning around, Pascal was face-to-face with the silver zipper that was left open and he knew what he had to do.

"I got you," he giggled and gently let his hands steady her back to get the zipper fully zipped. As he zipped the dress up, he couldn't help but notice and be intrigued by the tattoo she had on her shoulder. It was one of a race car with the number seventeen on the front. Knowing it was none of his business, he left her tattoo alone and finished zipping her dress up. "And, there you are, Schatz."

"Oh, you are my life-saver, Wehrlein," she sighed in relief and turned around to face him; only to find him deep in thought. "Is there something on your mind?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry," it was now his turn to blush and turn red, "I was just admiring the tattoo on your shoulder."

"Ah, my race car tattoo?" Y/N nodded her head as she thought about why she had got that specific design permanently etched onto her skin. The tattoo she had on her shoulder has a special meaning to her and no one knew that she even had one. "There was a special reason as to why I got it."

"Oh," Pascal's face dropped as soon as he heard the tone in Y/N's voice change, which made him want to change the topic, but he let Y/N continue. "I'm so sorry, Y/N, it was rude of me to point it out like that."

"Don't be sorry, Pascal," she smiled softly and shook her head as her radiant E/C eyes looked into his gorgeous dark brown eyes. "Not a lot of people know that I have a tattoo." Shrugging her shoulders, she smiled at the memory of her getting the tattoo and surprising her friend, Jules, with it. She especially got it done since he had scored his first points a few days prior.

"But, it's a tattoo with a very special meaning," Pascal referred to the seventeen he had seen on the race car, which made her nod her head and smile. "And it also means something to you that it provokes an emotional flashback."

"Yes, it does remind me of the Grand Prix Jules scored his first F1 points at," Y/N nodded her head and looked at the German in front of her, "but, now, it's something that reminds me that he's watching over us and also that his spirit will always be cherished forever."

He nodded his head and now knew the true reason why she had the race car tattoo. Looking over at his clock, his eyes widened as he looked back at Y/N.

"Shouldn't you be heading out soon?" His German accent was noticeable as he spoke and Y/N groaned when she remembered she left her car keys inside her locked apartment. "Let me guess, you forgot your keys in there and now, you're stuck?"

Y/N nodded her head and was surprised at how Pascal was so observant, which made him smirk and grab the car keys for his Mercedes.

"I'll drop you off," he nodded his head as he politely excused himself to get changed for the restaurant; having been there himself and he knew they had very strict policies.

---

"You are literally my Superman," Y/N giggled as soon as Pascal came to a stop and felt relieved that the restaurant was still miraculously open. She leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek, which made the both of them redden in the cheeks.

"I-I'll show myself out if you want," Y/N mumbled under her breath as she felt awkward about her impromptu kiss, but she was caught off guard when Pascal brought her in for an actual kiss. The kiss was filled with passion and love, one that they both were going to remember for a long time.

"I like you too, Liebe," he winked and smiled as he broke away from the kiss and looked at Y/N. Kissing her once more, he helped her out of the car and escorted her to the restaurant when Y/N saw all of her friends with their significant others.

"I wouldn't mind if I was your boyfriend, L/N," Pascal chuckled as he laid another kiss on her forehead, which made her giggle.

"Oh, so we're boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Y/N smirked at Pascal as she saw B/F/N wave her down. Pascal's cheeks heated once more as he let that out, but Y/N giggled and nodded her head. "I'd love to be your girlfriend, Wehrlein..."

---

Hi, I'm back again with another update! Hopefully, this makes up for the short one shot I had posted earlier... Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will be with Max Verstappen. And other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀