Lewis Hamilton ~ Mercedes

"We wouldn't be here today without his help..." (975 words)

Requested by Somdyuti

---

"Oi, Hamilton," Daniel waved his hand in front of the Brit's eyes; he tried to grab his attention, but he was visibly distracted by something. "Do you want to get sushi for dinner tonight or do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Huh, what?" Lewis shook his head and patted himself on the cheek as a way to get him back to reality. "Sorry, Dan, could you repeat that again?"

"Oh, uh, sure?" The Australian was a bit confused, but nonetheless, he repeated the question. "Me, Max, Esteban, Valtteri, Pascal, Stoffel, and Y/N were thinking of going out for dinner tonight."

Lewis's face heated up at the mention of Y/N and blood started to rush up to his cheeks as a result. Feeling the warmth gathering around his cheeks, he stayed quiet for a few moments and that's when Daniel caught onto the Mercedes driver.

"Oh, bloody hell mate! Do you have a crush on her?" The Red Bull driver giggled as he looked up from his phone and looked at the blushing Briton in front of him. "You do! I can tell by the way you're turning red in the cheeks."

"You could tell, couldn't you?" Lewis mumbled under his breath as he kept his eyes on the Twitter feed in front of him; he wanted to not reveal to the world about his romantic feelings.

"Second thought, maybe we should go out for some barbecue," Daniel had a smirk on his face as he started to come up with an idea of playing matchmaker. "What do you think? I've been craving some good ribs..."

"Yeah, sure, whatever sounds good to you, mate." Lewis shrugged his shoulders as he tried to decipher what Daniel was trying to come up with. Well, whatever it was, Lewis had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that it wasn't going to work. "How about the restaurant that's not too far from the circuit? I heard they have some excellent barbecue."

"I'll make the reservations right now," the Australian immediately stood up from his seat and rushed to make a phone call.

Oh, but little did Lewis know; this was all a ruse just to get him and Y/N out on their first date together. Lewis didn't know the background information about anything of Daniel's plan; he thought he was going out for some good barbecue with his good friends and fellow drivers.

---

"Lewis! Oh, it's nice to see you," Lewis heard a sweet voice speak up, which made his head pop up. His chocolate brown eyes found Y/N's sparkling E/C eyes and immediately, he smiled from ear-to-ear as soon as he found her. "It's nice to know that someone else has finally come to dinner tonight!"

"Yeah, I actually walked here from my motorhome," Lewis nervously giggled as he took his seat across from Y/N and looked around him. "Where the hell is everybody? I thought it was a group dinner?"

Y/N chuckled to herself quietly and shook her head at Lewis's innocence; she knew he had no idea about what was going on. It was her idea for the group dinner, but Daniel decided to put his twist on it and just have Lewis and Y/N show up to the restaurant.

"You want to know a little secret?" Y/N spoke up softly as she took a sip from her glass of water; a knowing smile on her face as she wanted to tell him.

Lewis nodded his head fervently and looked at her; waiting for her to complete her train of thought. "Yes, I'd love to know about a little secret. What is it?"

"It's just you and me tonight," she whispered in Lewis's ear, which made him stop his train of thought and process what she just told him. "It was my idea to have a group dinner with all of us, but Daniel thought it was a great idea if it was just you and me."

"I-I don't know what to say," Lewis mumbled under his breath, but then later, chuckled to himself. "So typical of the Honey Badger, isn't it?"

"Well, I think we owe him a lot for what he's done tonight," Y/N chuckled as she took another sip from her glass. Picking up her menu, she quickly skimmed through it before making a decision about what she wanted to order for dinner. "Anyways, do you have an idea of what you want to order for dinner tonight, Mr. Hamilton?"

---

"You weren't kidding when you said we owe it to Dan," the Brit laughed as he wrapped an arm around her waist and brought his newly wedded wife closer to him.

"Well, we wouldn't be here without his help," Y/N softly chuckled back at her new husband as she leaned her head against his chest, "we owe it all to him."

"I guess we do," Lewis smiled at his wife as he brought her in for the umpteenth kiss that day, "I love you very much, Mrs. Hamilton."

"I love you too, Mr. Hamilton," she smiled back at the Briton as she brought him for a more passionate yet love-filled kiss. "I love you too..."

---

Hi, I'm back with another update! I got about 25 one shots prepped as to the drivers I will write about (I still have to determine the plots for all of them, haha). As for the dialogue one shots, I have a special plan for it and that is; from the 100th one shot and onwards, it'll be comprised of the requested dialogue one shots I've still yet to write about. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will be with Antonio Fuoco. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀