My little Alarm

Zak POV

Ow. "Zo! I was sleeping!" I said, kinda annoyed, but happy to see my daughter.

"Daddy! Wake up!" Zoey whined, continuing to jump on top of me. Was she trying to recreate "Hop on Pop" or what? But I'm used to it, it's my morning routine. I actually look forward to it, it's better than an alarm clock.

"I'm awake, Zo!" I told her, but it was clear Zoey wasn't leaving until I got up.

"Hurry up, Daddy!" Zoey whined again, getting impatient.

"Okay, okay! Get off of me first, though, so I can sit up, Z." I told her finally. Zoey got off of me, and sat next to me on my bed. I sat up, ran my hand through my messy hair, and rubbed my eyes. Zoey still had her pink shark nightie on, and her hair was up in the messy bun I had put it up in last night. I smiled. I was wearing a black t shirt and I only had boxer briefs on.

"Daddy! You're being slow!" Zoey complained, and hopped off my bed. I climbed out, and followed her to the kitchen.

When I got into the kitchen, I realized my MacBook was open , it also had a notification.

"Zoey?" I asked, walking over to the couch, "did you use my book?" I said, curious. Zoey isn't allowed on my MacBook without me around, but to her, she calls it my "book". She knows she still has to ask, though.

"Maybe..." Zoey started, but then stopped when I gave her the look that said "stop trying to pull things" and with my hands on my hips. I think Z knows I'm setting the rules when I do that.

"Zo, you can use it, but you have to wait till I'm around, and you have to ask." I told her, walking back to check the notification on my MacBook.

"Sorry daddy." Z said, and was shortly back fixated on spongebob.

I guess I have an event today. I have to see if it's important or not. I looked. It's important.

"Z, we gotta eat breakfast." I told her, passing her a banana. I have a doctors appointment in an hour and a half.

"Okay, Daddy!" Zoey answered and began eating. I ran to get ready and dressed.

When I got back, Zoey was done eating. "Z, I put some clothes out for you, go get dressed, Kay?" I told her, shoving fruit in my mouth.

Zoey jumped up and ran to her room. Shortly, she came out. She had jeans on, and a white t shirt under a yellow spaghetti strap flowy-fitting shirt with flowers on it. Just like I had put on her bed for her.

"Okay, get your shoes on, we're leaving." I said, grabbing my keys and my wallet.

"DADDY!" Zoey screamed, I was in the bathroom. "I CAN'T FIND MY SHOES!" She yelled. They were in the kitchen because I took her to DQ last night, late last night. Zoey and I's favourite place is DQ.

"They're in the kitchen!" I yelled back, from the bathroom. Zo probably hadn't heard me, because I can hear her dragging her hoodie across the floor.

"I FOUND THEM!" Zo screamed again, running to me with her hoodie half on.

"Good job, Z." I told her, and I helped her put her hoodie on the rest of the way, only I didn't zip it up, because it's hot out. I'm not even wearing a hoodie today.

Once we were situated, we walked to the car. Zoey got in, and I helped her buckle. After,  I got in, and did my own seat belt up.

"Daddy, where are we going?" Zoey asked, curiously.

"I have a doctors appointment." I explained, focused on the road.

"Are you sick, Daddy?" Zoey asked, concerned. Zoey got concerned when I was sick or hurt. Although, she did laugh if I got hit, she always had a howl at that.

"No, I don't think so, Z." I told her. She relaxed.

"Then why do we have to take you to the doctor?" Zo asked, worried. Zoey's mind wanders a lot.

"I dunno, Z." I explained. Because I actually can't remember why I have a doctor appointment.

Once we got there, I parked. Zoey undid her buckled and got out. I sat in the car and stared at my phone. Zoey came over and pulled my door open.

"Daddy!" Z whined, grabbing my elbow, and trying to pull me out. It wasn't any help.

"Zoey! Daddy's looking at his phone! Don't!" I said, getting frustrated. It was an iPhone, and even though I have apple care, I don't want to use it yet.i just got my phone.

"Sorry, daddy!" Zo apologized, and I got out of the car. I grabbed her hand and we walked into the building together. I smiled as Zoey sipped her water and looked around and back at me. I loved Zoey. Zoey is my life.

Once we got to the doctors office, Zoey saw the toys, but hesitated because there were other kids. She let go of my hand, and hid behind me, grabbing my pants. The lady at the desk looked up to me.

"Can I help you, sir?" She asked me, she looked annoyed, as if teenagers my age came in here a lot and caused problems.