Starbucks with my love

Zak POV

I've been lying on my bed for the past 5 mintues, but my phone just went off so now I have to check it....

From: Aimee

Omg! She did?! Sweet baby! When are you picking her up from school?

11:56 AM

I seriously don't know if I can wait that long to pick Z up, I truly miss her and want to see her!

To: Aimee

The usual time... 2:40...y?

12:03 PM

I'm kind of confused as to why Aimee is asking me this if she already knows when I pick Zoey up from school, but maybe she wants to come....

From: Aimee

Ok. Can I come? I really want to see Z

12:10 pm

Oh haha. I love when I am right. I sit on my bed and look at the walls.... they are covered in picture frames. Most of Zoey, some of me, some of me playing soccer, some of Zoey playing hockey. Man, do I ever miss Z.

To: Aimee

Yes of course. Do you want me to come get u or can u meet me or whatever?

12:17 pm

Maybe I'll go to the mall and get a bite. Then it'll kill some time before I have to pick up Zo. I should check and see if Aimee texted.

From: Aimee

Call me, Zak

12:20 pm

I better call her.

"Hey, what's up?" I say, answering as she picks up.

"Hi. I miss you." She says, and I want to tell her she should've come to visit while I was in the hospital but I don't.

"I know, I miss you too. And so does Zoey." I say, still pondering why she wanted to call.

"Aw. So what's our plan?" She asks me and I think.

"Well why'd you want to call, first off." I ask.

"I miss you and want to hear your voice." She says, which makes sense.

"Aw! Miss you too! So I was gonna head to the mall, maybe I can pick you up?" I ask, which makes sense, but I still have to ask.

"Yea! That works! See you in 15?" She asks.

"Yep, see ya in 15." I reply, we hang up. I grab my keys and head to the car.

Once I'm in the car, I buckle up and begin to drive along the road. I can't believe it's only 1, only an hour and 40 minutes until Zoey time!

Aimee POV

I'm so excited to see Aimee and Zak!!! I miss them so much! It's so great to see them again. I miss Zak, and I might even have feelings for him, I just haven't fully addressed them, or confirmed they're strong enough, and so I half-hope that Nicole and Zak don't hit things off so that Zak will come crying to me and want to be comforted and then I'll tell him how I really feel. But that's mean, so there has to be a better way.

My phone just went off.

From: Zak

Hey. I'm here. Come down.

1:20 pm

Okay, Zak's here. Time to get down stairs. I walk down to the parking lot, and I see Zak. I run to him and we both hug tightly, not wanting to loose grip of each other.

"I'm so happy to see you!" Zak mumbles with his face buried in my neck. I feel happy hearing that.

"I'm happy to see you too!" I respond, and we walk to the car. One thing I should've mentioned earlier is that...., Zak and I were a couple at one point. This was last year, and Zak was having a hard time with Zoey, he would send her to preschool, and He would get calls saying she had punched a kid for calling her a name, or she would try to run away and find us. At that point, we decided in zoeys best interest, and ours as well, that we would become friends until we thought we could handle a serious relationship with the plus of a child. Things are better now, but Zak and I are still very close, so, if we decide to become a couple, it won't be hard.

Zak POV

I'm happy to see Aimee, and I'm excited about my date with Nicole, but I was thinking, I don't want this is be a "serious-possible-potential-couple-or-soulmates" type date, just a "let's try it out" type of date. I think I have strong feelings for someone else I dated before, and that's Aimee. I'm not ready to admit it yet though, i don't want to let anyone down. So I'm keeping it a secret until the time is right.

"Starbucks?" Aimee suggests. I like Starbucks, and so does she. In fact, we had our first kiss here, when we were 13, we were out with Zoey when she was a baby, and we just randomly found ourselves wanting to make out, so we did. We weren't even dating then, just friends.

"For sure!" I agree, laughing because Aimee and I never forget our first kiss. We head to Starbucks and just chill out and chat for a good hour or so, and then it's time to get Zoey. I'm excited, and I run ahead of Aimee to the car. She runs after me.

"Zak! Slow down! Where's the fire?!" Aimee laughs, running after me. I giggle. Aimee is funny.

"IM GOING TO GET MY DAUGHTER!" I scream, happily. I think I'm way to excited now. We get in the car and I drive to zoeys school. Once we are there, I get out. Aimee looks at me, I look at her. I hold out my hand and she takes it. We walk to the door of the kindergarten wing. We stand and wait. And then.....the bell rings and all the kids file out.

I see Zoey. She walks out with her little backpack, I call her name.

"Zoey!" I say, she looks my way. She has a little cast on her arm, but no signatures yet, maybe dad and auntie will take care of that.

"Daddy! " Zoey says, running my way. I pick her up, and Aimee, Zoey and I hug. For once, I feel like I have my perfect family.

End of Chapter 8

When will Zak and aimee confine their love for each other?