Pool party

Zoey POV

I'm so happy daddy is home, because we are at the pool and now we are going swimming! My dad is the best daddy.

Zak POV

We are at the pool now, it's 7 pm and we've all had dinner, Zoey and I are getting changed together. Aimee went into the Women's change room, and Zo and I in the family one. When I was younger I used to take her into the Men's change room because I didn't want to get dirty looks from other parents in there....because a 15 year old with his 3 year old daughter is quite a site to some people, so the men's room was the best place for us, because some people just though Zoey was my sister, and others were understanding of the fact she's my daughter, and there was like maybe one or two people who shamed me, but that's not many. I get much, much more in the family room.

Zoey is walking toward me in her two piece swim suit, it's red and white striped, with a red tutu around the bikini bottom, and the top is long in the front so it covers her stomach but it's open at the back, and on the front is Hello Kitty. I have my Old Navy swim shorts on, they're dark blue with white stripes, and the waist is light green. I usually like my Fox swim shorts, they're black and white striped, but they're in the wash from the last time we went swimming.

"Come on, Zo." I say to her as I open the door to the bathroom stall Zoey and I were in. I usually have to go pee when I get in the pool for some reason, so I find if I go before we get into the pool, I don't have to go. Zoey follows me out and I wash my hands. Then we head to the showers. I start to walk out, but Zo stops me.

"Daddy! You have to sower before you go in!" She says, and I turn around and shower quickly. I put Zoey's hair up in a bun because I don't want her getting it wet because I forgot to bring shampoo for her hair.

"I know." I tell Zoey as she shuts the water off. She gives me a look.

"No you didn't daddy. " she says, and takes my hand. We walk.

"Look for auntie, okay?" I say, we both look.

"Found her!" Zoey says, and she's standing outside the women's change room. We walk over and I place the towels down, I give Zoey her lady-bug water wings. She puts them on and we follow her into the pool.

Aimee and I sit at the shallow end of the pool while Zoey swims around and plays with the other kids. But the sad part is, she keeps asking me to have a baby so she has someone to play with, but I can't magically have a baby and make him/her zoeys age by snapping my fingers. I can have a baby, but I don't have anyone to have one with at the moment.

"Do you think adopting is a bad idea?" I ask Aimee, she's my best friend so she's good for advice, and that's partly why I'm in love with her.

"Adopting? How old?" Aimee asks, she sounds shocked, I look around and see Zoey playing with herself, she's splashing around and stuff, typical kid.

"Um, I was thinking Zoey's age?" I say, but maybe that's a bad idea. I'm only 17, and im not technically supposed to have a 5 year old daughter, but stuff happened and i don't regret having her.

"Well, I guess. But would you want a boy or a girl?" She asks, and I ponder that. I love Zoey, and she's turning out like me, but honestly, I would ask her.

"It would depend on if Zoey wanted a brother or sister." I say, and notice zoey swimming towards me. Her cast is weighing her down, but she's lucky she can swim in it.

"Daddy, can we go in the warm pool?" Zoey asks, and I nod yes. We walk over to the hot tub, and I take zoeys water wings, so they don't melt from the heat. Then I pop the question.

"Zo, do you want a brother or a sister?" I ask, I hope it isn't a hard question to answer.

"A bwother" she says, and immediately I wonder why. But then I can guess. Aimee smiles at me.

"Why a brother, Z?" I ask, curious.

"Because then he'll want to play with cars and twucks, and stuff. And boys are fun, like you daddy, you a boy." She tells me, and that makes me smile. We swim more, and at about 9 o'clock, I notice Zoey getting tired so we go off to change. I get Zoey into her Pjs and myself changed. I notice I have to pee again. You know, once you're a dad, no matter the age, you find your bladder changes. I know I do, because before I had Zoey I could wait longer, but now I have to go more and quite frequently.

"Zo, come on I have to go potty." I tell her, but she's tired so I just pick her up and carry her there. Once everyone is back in the car, we start talking siblings again.

"So, z, would you rather have a younger brother, older brother, or a brother your age?" I ask, and Zo answers.

"Older. Or my age." She says. I drive home, and put Z to bed.

Aimee and I talk more about the adoption and agree tomorrow we would start to look. It's official, I'm going to be a teenage father of 2 kids now. I go to bed thinking about how my life will look with 2 kids, and I hope that this will be good for Zoey and I.
A brother could be good and a son could be good.

End of Chapter 9

Will Zak find a good son ?