I know its a bit blurry

Zoey POV

I just realized it's morning. I don't remember much from last night, all I remember is the swing. And I had a dream. Daddy was there. I saw him. My arm looked funny, and then people in green pajamas fixed it. And then I got a cast. And uncle Zaryn took me home in his truck. Oh wait, I have a cast. Cool!

"Zoey! Breakfast!" Uncle Zaryn is calling my name. I'm going to see him.

"Good morning, Zo Zo." Uncle Zaryn says as he picks me up. He's hugging me. It's all okay now.

Zaryn POV

We've all had breakfast, Zoey got herself dressed, striped leggings, and a white t shirt. I'm dressed, and so is mom. We are going to leave for Costco shopping, so I'm trying to get Zoey ready so we can get in the truck.

"Zoey, come put your sling on, it'll help make your cast not as heavy." I called to her, she was walking around.

"Okay." Zoey says, she walks slowly my way. Poor kid, she had a late night last night, and a good, long sleep is what she needs now.

"You tired, z?" I ask, helping her with her shoes, then her coat. She looks at me, and I can tell the cast is weighing her down a little. She smiles, with a tired smile. I smile back, zoeys smile is sweet.

Now we're in the truck, and I'm almost at Costco, but Zoey is asleep.

Zak POV

It's the morning and I just woke up. That nurse is back again.

"Good morning, Zak! How did you sleep?" She asks, checking my vitals.

"It was okay." I say, my crotch is kinda tender right now, and I know guys usually have tender crotches, but mine is more tender than usual.

"Yea? And how's your crotch?" She asks, finally! Some is asking!

"Kinda sore." I say, and I put my hand there. It sure isn't the happiest feeling I've ever felt. Owch.

"Okay. I'll get you some pain medication." She says, and leaves. Not long after, she's back with a tiny cup of water, and some medication. She passes them to me. I take them.

"Here. Try these. Let me know in 30 minutes if you're not feeling better." She says, as I swallow my pills.

"Okay." I tell her, she looks at me. I can tsk she wants to say something, but she's cautious not to say it.

"Is there anything else you need?" She asks, she looks at me. I can tell she likes me, it's not too hard to tell.

"Actually, some ice would be good, and by the way, if you wanna stay and chat I'm open to it." I tell her, she looks at me; she's smiling now. I smile back. I love it when I make others happy. It makes me happy.

"Okay. I'll be back." She says, then leaves. I wonder how zoeys doing. She probably misses me. I miss her.

"Here you go." The nurse says, and hands me a cup of ice. I pick up a cube, and place it in my mouth.

"So..what's your life like?" She asks me, sitting down on the chair next to me. I ponder the question. How much should I tell her? What parts shouldn't I tell her? What might be good not to go into detail about?

"Well, I became a dad when I was 12. So I've been doing the whole "dad thingy" since I was younger, so it's easy I guess. Well, not that being a parent, much a teen parent, is a piece of cake, but I do try. I go to school 4 days a week, from 9:00 to 2:00, because I have to take care of my daughter. I also play soccer. I go to practice 4 times a week, for a few hours, and my mom watches my daughter." I say, I think I've said too much about me.

"Aw! That's sweet! You sound like your life is pretty calm, and you sound like you keep a tight schedule." She says, smiling at me. I smile back.

"....thanks. I try, but honestly I could be doing much better." I tell her.

"Oh,no no! You are doing well for a dad who's 17 and has a school-aged daughter." She tells me. I dunno if I can agree, but maybe she's got a point.

"How old is your daughter again?" She asks, I look at her. I'm bored, let's be honest.

"She's five. Her name is Zoey. " I tell her.

"Oh! Did you name her after you?" She asks, but I'm used to this, I've had a lot of people tell me that, and honestly, I like the name; it has nothing to do with my name.

"No. I just like the name." I say, and then the doctor comes in.

"Sorry to interrupt the conversation, how have you been feeling, Zak?" She asks, and I explain, after, she leaves and comes back. She explains that if things keep up, then I'll be able to go home as planned, but I won't be able to do much except for rest for a few weeks when I go home, because my body needs time to fully heal.

Zak's mom POV

It's now late afternoon, I'm making dinner, and Zoey is napping, she's tired. But she was crying because she missed Zak. That certainly says a lot. She loves him a lot, and I don't think her life would be the same without Zak, it just wouldn't.

"Mom, can I have the thermometer?" Zaryn asks me, hes sitting next to Zoey.

"Of course. Why do you need it?" I ask him first.

"I'm no doctor, but Zoey feels really warm." He tells me, and that concerns me immediately. I give him the thermometer and he takes her temperature.

"What does it read?" I say, coming over. We both read the thermometer.

"99.5" the thermometer reads.

Poor Zoey, the last thing she needs is to be sick, and without a loving, caring parent around.

End of Chapter 5

Is Zoey going to be okay without Zak while she's sick?

OR what could possibly be wrong with her?