Why is daddy sick?

Zoey POV

I don't understand what's going on. Daddy is screaming my name. But everything was okay awhile ago.... why isn't it now? I'm confused, and kind of scared.

"ZOEY! COME HERE! NOW!" Daddy is still yelling my name, but I don't really want to go over there, he's yelling, and I hate it when Daddy yells.

Zak POV

Why isn't Zoey coming?! I have to get to the hospital! I'm really unwell and I have to get treated or it's chop shop for my balls. I don't wanna loose my balls yet, I'm too young. Plus, I've only had one kid, and nothing is wrong with one, I just kinda have a perfect idea of a wife and two kids. That's what I want my family to be like when I'm older.

"ZOEY! COME HERE! RIGHT NOW!" I'm now growing with frustration at her because she isn't even acknowledging me. I'm walking toward her now, keeping my cool is important though, because I tend to scare Zoey when I get too upset.

"Zoey, I have to go to the hospital, please come down." I told her, I was calm, and I just needed her to listen. That would be good.

"But why?" She asked, she looked worried now. But she climbed down anyways.

"I'm really sick, Z." I explained. "But the doctors can help me." I told her, as we walked to the car. Zoey looked up at me, now she looked like she was going to cry. Good job, Zak. Way to fix things! Not!

I put Zoey into the car, weeping. I wanted to comfort her, but I couldn't waste a second. I honestly couldn't. Zoey looked out her window, silently crying, I felt bad, and my heart hurt; I hate seeing my daughter cry. It hurts me more than anything. I just wish I could hold her, and tell her it was going to be okay, but I couldn't. I have to drive; and honestly, I don't know if it'll be okay anymore. I don't, and I can't lie to my daughter, because I will feel even worse.

"Zo? You know we'll be together no matter what happens, okay? Daddy loves you." I told her, hoping to help. Obviously it's not helping. She's still crying.

"Uh huh...." I heard Zo mumble quietly. I know this is bothering her as much as it does me, maybe more. Zoey is my everything, and I'm hers. If my daughter is going to be in love with anyone at 5 years old, it's going to be me! And i know she is; because sometimes I'm her husband when we play family together at home. I'm the dad, she's the mom, and Zoey's dolls are our children. I know, it might sound wrong, but it's what Z likes to play, and I love her so much, I would buy 5 houses for her just so she would be happy.

"Z, I love you. No matter what life gives us, I will always love you." I told her, hoping this time it would sink in. I don't know if it did, but she's looking at me. I think I'm getting somewhere.

"Daddy, I don't need a boyfriend." Zoey finally spoke. I smiled.

"You don't?" I said, looking at her through the mirror.

"Nope. Nope. Nope." Zoey said, brightening, and confident. That's my girl.

"Hahaha! Why not, Z?" I told her, this was really funny now. As long as I can keep her like this while we're at the hospital, it won't affect her at all.......hopefully.

"Because I'm married, daddy!" Zoey exclaims, as if I was supposed to know she was married or something. But I don't remember her saying she was married, or a wedding. When my daughter gets married, her wedding will be the best, any and every thing she wants for it; I'll get it for her.

"What?! Since when? And to who?!" I asked, trying to sound confused, even though I thought this was sort of funny. We are nearing the hospital now.

"I'm married to you. And since forever." Zoey tells, confidence spreads across her face. I park the car and get out. I come to Zoey's door and help her get out.

"Oh! Really now?" I tell her, walking with her to the hospital. When we get there, I speak to the lady who called me. She explains I need emergency treatment. And I'll have to stay for a few days, which means I'll have to find someone to take care of Zoey. I walk over to some chairs to make some calls.

"Daddy? What's happening?" Zoey asks, she's starting to worry again, I can tell. I look at her, and I don't know what to say.

"I'm sick, but I just have to stay here for a few days, and then I can come home." I told her, trying to help her calm down.

"But what about me?" She asks, she's scared now.

"I'm gonna find someone for you to stay with, okay? Maybe Grandma?" I suggested. Zoey perked up. Zoey loved going to my moms house. My mom spoils her rotten. Seriously, I swear, Zoey gets better treatment than I did when it was just me and my mom. But I don't mind, I don't honestly blame my mom, spoiling Zoey is fun.

"Yay! Gamma!" Zoey is jumping up and down. Well, I guess know she'll be happy at my moms. I should probably ask my mom first though. But I think she'll be okay with it.

"Hey. Are you able to take Zoey? I'm going to be in the hospital for a few days, so I need someone to take her." I explain.

"Oh of course, Zak! Anytime! How long do you need me to take her?" She asks.

"Well, today is Friday, and I'll be here until Monday, so I'd say on Monday, I can pick her up from school." I tell her, Zoey is looking up at me, hoping good things are being said.

"Okay. Perfect! That works for me! Do you need me to come get her?" She asks, I could use the break so this is kind of good.

"Yea, actually." I tell her, I know Zoey knows everything is working in her favour, and in mine too.

"Okay, see you in 20 Minutes." My mom says and we hang up.

"Am I going to Gamma's?" Zoey asks, looking hopeful.

"Yes, Z. You are." I tell her. Then the nurse takes us into the hospital and gets me changed into a gown, and all I'm wearing is socks, boxer briefs, and a hospital gown. Once I'm changed, I sit on the bed in my room.

"Hey, buddy." I hear a farmiliar voice say, it's my mom.

"GAMMA!" Zoey screams, running to my mom.

"Zoey! Don't yell!" I tell her, reminding her this isn't a play place.

"Sorry daddy." Zoey says quietly. I look at her, she's happy. And if my girl is happy, then so am I.

"Do you have clothes and stuff for her, Zak?" My mom asks, and now that I think of it, I don't.

"No, but there's a house key to my condo, Zo knows where it is, she can show you and you guys can get stuff, plus her school backpack and lunch bag." I explain. Then Zoey gets ready to say good bye.

"Daddy, I love you, you are the best daddy." Zoey tells me, as I wrap her in a bear hug.

" I love you too, Zo. I'll see you after school on Monday, okay?" I tell her, and kiss her head.

"Okay daddy." She tells me, then one more I love you is said, and she and my mom leave.

Man, will I miss Zoey, I hope she stays safe and has fun.

End of Chapter 2

What will Zoey do this weekend?