Stresses me out

Zak's mom POV

It's a shame Zak isn't well, I know his life is stressful, but the poor boy needs to have one more thing to worry about. He really doesn't deserve the stress he's been receiving, and I'm hoping and praying he'll settle down with a girl he really loves, and then he might be able to worry less than he is. No mom ever likes seeing her baby boy stressed, and while I know Zak isn't a baby anymore; that's for sure. He's a dad now. He will always be my baby boy. I love him, and I love his daughter too. Zoey is something that has changed Zak in ways unimaginable, though Zak has always been a great kid, I think he tends to view things in a new light now.

"Gamma, we have to go get my stuff." Zoey instructed me. Zoey is a lot like Zak, even though he may not see it. When he was Zoey's age; 5; he was always telling me and reminding me of stuff I had to do and when to do it.... that's one thing that I don't think I will ever forget about Zak.

"I know, Zo. You'll have to show me how we get into the house." I tell her, now she seems excited. That's also something she's gotten from Zak; she loves to lead and show everyone else the ropes..... I think it's cute because even if she can't quite do it, she still tries to figure it out and show people how it's done anyways.

"Yay! I love being the leader!" Zoey is saying happily as we turn a corner, and their apartment is to the right. I honestly can't imagine things without them though, Zak and Zoey. They keep each other happy, when Zak broke up with his girlfriend, when Zoey was only 6 months old, and in the hospital sick with severe pneumonia, Zak's girlfriend, and Zoey's mom, decided to leave them. Khloe wasn't overly involved with Zoey once she was born, Zak did everything. Then Khloe got mad at him and broke up with him; and Zak really loved her so, this broke his heart and it took him a long time to get over, but if Zak hadn't had Zoey around, I think things would've been a lot harder for him. Zoey gave him a joy knowing he had his own daughter to keep him company and she would never leave him.

"Come on, Zoey. Let's go get your stuff, and we'll go meet your uncle for dinner." I told Zoey as she slid out of the car. We walked to the condo, and Zoey looked up at me.

"Now what?" She asked, curiously. She started giggling.

"You know where the key is, so go on in, get your PJs, some clothes for tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, get a stuffie if you want, and grab your school back pack and lunch bag and whatever else daddy sends you with when you come to sleep over." I tell her and she goes inside.

Zak doesn't talk about his older brother ever. He had a rough past with him, and they don't get along overly well, things are better now; but Zak still dislikes the fact Zoey considers his brother her uncle. Zak's older brothers name is Zaryn(pronounced Z-air-e-an)Zak doesn't know this, but Zak was a mistake; he wasn't really supposed to be born; and Zak's dad and I weren't happy when we wound up finding out we were having him, and the pregnancy was a rough time for us, which affected Zaryn and he never forgets it. When the boys were younger, Zaryn used to play fight with Zak, and as they got older, it got to the point where Zak wanted Zaryn to stop because he was in pain, and zaryn wouldn't listen to him. As a family, we had our own deal of issues; both boys went into foster care at one point in time. When they got out they went to live with their dad, but Zak was unhappy so he came to live with me. Zaryn had a drug addiction back then, and he would try to hurt Zak, which scared him. Zaryn is better now, but when Zak was 12 and found out he was expecting Zoey, he didn't want Zaryn there when she was born. Things are better now, but Zak still holds a little tension towards his brother, Zak being 17, and his brother 20, things are starting to turn out okay.

"I got everything!" Zoey says, coming out the front door. She has a teddy bear, her pillow, a bag with clothes, and her backpack which has her lunch in it.

"Oh good job!" I tell her. She puts the key back and we walk to the car to go for dinner.

"It's dinner time! Yum yum!" Zoey says. It makes me smile.

Zak POV

I hope Zoey is having fun. I'm not. I have to lay in a hospital bed with IV's in my arm, and they are VERY itchy. I want to scratch, but there are bandages and sticky pads holding my IV's into place, so if I scratch, I'll need new bandages. I sort of wish my friends would come visit, but they're probably all busy tonight. Man, do I ever hate the hospital. The only good memory I have here is when Zoey was born, and that's about it. Hospitals are no treat, and neither are testiculaire infections.........

"Hi, Zak. How are you feeling?" The nurse says coming into my room, FYI she's fuckin hot, and I would get it on with her right here, right now. But she's probably married, and she's probably older than me, but damn, she's hot.

"Oh, I'm okay." I tell her, I'm kinda hoping she'll stay, AND be the one to check the swelling on my testies.

"Haha. Is there anything I can get you, Mr cutie?" She asks, teasing me. Wait! Wait! WAIT! Did she just call me.......CUTE?!

"Maybe a popsicle?" I say, now I want to see if her and I hit things off.

"Okay. Stay right here, I'll be right back, sexy boy." She says, leaving. This chick better not be married, because if not then she's MINE!!!! Or if she is, her husband better back the hell off.

She's back now, and she's got my popsicle.

"Are you married?" I asked, I better pop the question now, so I can move on and start hitting on other nurses if she's taken.

"Engaged, actually." She says, unwrapping my popsicle for me.

"Oh. Cool." I tell her, but I'm secretly disappointed. I guess the ring shoulda given me the hint.

"Thanks. The ring gave it away, didn't it?" She says, looking as me as I lick my popsicle.

"Yea. Kinda." I say, this popsicle is yummy!

"So how old are you?" She asks me.

"I'm 17. I have a daughter though. She's 5" I tell her.

"Oh how sweet! I bet she's just like you!" She exclaims, as if teens my age who were single dads came in here daily.

"Actually, a lot like me. And you? How old are you?" I ask, now I'm curious.

"24." She says.

"You don't look it." I tell her.

"I don't? Are you saying I look older? Or younger?" She asks, checking my BP.

"Nah. You look like you're my age.... maybe younger." I say, biting my Popsicle.

"Thanks." She says.

I really like this nurse, I hope I get her all weekend!

End of Chapter 3

So? Does Zak get to see his sexy nurse lady, and will Zoey have a safe, fun weekend?