BTS-> ITS MONDAY!!!

Zoey POV

It's Monday, and that means I have school! I love school because my friends are there, and they're a lot of fun. Sometimes they're funner than daddy but I don't say that because I don't want him to be sad.

Zaryn POV

Mom has work, so I'm taking Zoey to school. She's dressed in a little dress with cats. I found her pic from when she started preschool last year. The one Zak gave mom.

"Good morning, Zoey." I say, walking over to her. She's eating cereal and flipping through a photo album. I come sit next to her. It's photos of Zak when he was little.

"Good morning, uncle Zaryn." She responds, and looking at a picture of her dad with a bowl on his head when he was 2. She laughs, but I have to admit, she probably couldn't picture her 17 year old father with a bowl on his head, making a mess with his food.

"I remember that." I say, Zoey looks at me. I can tell already she's going to ask questions.

"Really?!" She says excitedly. She's finished her breakfast now.

"Yep. I'll tell you more stories about your dad, once you get ready for school and you're in the truck." I tell her, and she jumps off her seat.

"Okay!" She says, and runs off to get her backpack and stuff. Not much later, we are in the truck. Zoey buckles up, and so do I.

"So? What silly things did daddy do?" She asks, as I begin to drive down the road.

"Well, when he was 5, he ran into a goal post when he was playing soccer." I told her, she started laughing.

"Daddy played soccer? Really? That's funny!" Zoey laughs again. We are nearing her school, and I begin to feel sad; and I realize now I probably won't get to see her as much if Zak is better, because he doesn't like us spending a lot of time together, which makes me kind of sad.

"Yes, he did. Daddy has been playing soccer for a long time, Z." I tell her, and she smiles the rest of the way to school.

Once we're at school, I let Zoey out. I grab her hand and we walk towards her school. Her little Herschel backback bouncing as she skipped along. At the door, I gave Zoey a hug, and a kiss. "I love you, Zoey. Have a good day. I'll see you soon." I tell her, she looks at me and smiles, I smile back.

"I love you too. See you soon." She says and runs off with her friends. I love that kid. I don't know what my life would be without Zoey.

Zak POV

Finally! Time to go home!!! Yay!!!! I get to see Zoey! And leave this trapping hospital. The doctor is here now.

"Hi, Zak. Ready to go home?" She asks, and I smile my biggest smile.

"You bet!" I respond as she starts taking my IV's out and placing band aids on me. Not much later, she's done and I go get dressed into my clothes again. It feels great to go home finally.

Once I'm done, I pack my bag up, and head to the front desk. The lady hands me a paper and I sign it. It just says that I'm allowed to leave now. I head to my car, and man, does it feel great to get to drive again, three days was just way too long. I drive home. I feel great. My phone goes off.

From: Unknown

Hey Zak. It's Nicole from school. I was wondering if you were interested in going on a date maybe this Friday?

11:00 AM

Wow. I've seen her around, and my friends seem to know her, but I've never actually spoken to her, but she is good looking, that I can say for sure. Now to decide to say yes or not. I ponder it for a second, if Aimee will watch Zoey Friday night, then that should be fine. Plus, she's like one of my best friends, so I let Zoey call her auntie Aimee.

From: Zak
To: Aimee

Hey. Wanna watch your niece on Friday night while I go on a date?

11:10 AM

I really hope she says yes, this maybe a chance for me to find someone to hook up with, although, Nicole doesn't know about Zoey. So I might have to explain a few things to her if she does. My phone is going off.

From: Aimee

Oml yes!!! And Zak, who's the special lady????? Tellll meeeeeee!!!!!!

11:15 AM

Haha. Aimee is in. I walk over to my room and put my bag down, I notice Zoey left something on my pillow. It's a note. I open it. It says "to: daddy I love you daddy you are the best and I will never forget you Love: Zoey" awww! Zoey left me a get well letter! I do love my daughter, thats for sure. And I need to reply to Aimee, and Nicole.

From: Zak-> Aimee

Lol. It's Nicole.

11:20 AM

And next I'll have to tell her about zoeys note, but right after I tell Nicole yes.

From: Zak-> Nicole

Hey Nicole. Of course! Consider it done! I'm looking forward to it!

11:30 AM

I'm so happy! Yay! And only t-minus 2 hours until I get to see Zoey!

From: Aimee

Oooooooo! Rumour has it Nicole has eyes for ya, boy.

11:32 AM

Ha. Typical Aimee, but I know this cause we knew each other since middle school.

From: Zak-> Aimee

Oh lol. Guess what our little monkey left me!

11:34 AM

I can't help but smile.

From: Nicole

Lol. See ya Friday.

11:36 AM

This is going to be a good week.

From: Aimee

Lol what did she do now? #zotroble

11:40 AM

#ZoTrouble is our hashtag for Zoey, and everyone at our school who knows about Zoey, knows about it and uses it, in fact, it's a trending hashtag. And we use it because Zoey is just that cool.

From: Zak-> Aimee

She left me a get well letter on my bed

11:46 AM

I feel pretty proud saying that... I know it's only to my best friend, but with all things in mind, I feel pretty special and it's certainly saying I mean something huge to my daughter if that's the sort of thing she does for me.

End of Chapter 7

What will Zak find when he sees his daughter again????