12-the galla (pt.2)

-EDITED-

pairings in chapter

Armin x Annie

Mikasa x Suzuha (oc)

Sasha x Connie

Jean x Marco

Ymir x Krista

Eren x (y/n) (a little bit)

(Y/n) Ackerman

The ride to Stohess was interesting. We were on a carriage with Suzuha and Mikasa. The two had a conversation with each other for a good hour, until they turned their attention to us.

"So, Eren, is it?" Suzuha asked. Eren nodded. Suzuha gave him a hard glare and leaned towards him.

"What are your intentions with Cadet (y/n)?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. Eren face redend.

"I-I...uh.. w-we're just friends sir." He responded. Suzuha raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? And what kind of friends beat each other up when they first meet?" He asked. Eren gulped.

"*cough* he started it *cough*." Eren shot me a glare.

"Are you trying to start something?!" Eren yelled at me. I raised my first.

"Let's go Jeager! I beat you more than once I can do it again!" I yelled back. We glared at each other before Mikasa reached over and placed her hands on both of our fists.

"Guys please. You're suppose to be on a date tonight." She said. We both blushed madly.

"N-No we're not!" We said in union. We turned to look at each other and blushed more.

"Shutup!"

-

We had finally made it to the Galla. The ballroom was gorgeous. All of us made our way to a large table and sat down. They served us food and some drinks. Alcohol.

Why they would trust alcohol with some kids? Who knows. Music was playing in the background while we all talked and enjoyed our meals. Sasha had gobbled up her food in a matter of minutes and continuesly asked us for food. The only one willing to share with her was Connie.

Ymir and Reiner were still fighting with each other about who would dance with Krista first. They even had an arm wrestling challenge to settle it. Ymir, surprisingly, won against the bulky guy.

"Couldn't they have settled that with a game of rock paper sissors?" I asked Eren who sat beside me. He shrugged and continued eating.

A few minutes had passed and a ton of cadets in the ballroom were drunk and dancing. Everyone one of our friends from the table had left for the dance floor, leaving Eren and I alone to watch.

We were probably the only ones who hadn't touched our alcoholic drinks. Hell, even Armin was drunk. ARMIN. I sighed and leaned my head on my hand.

I hadn't notice Eren watching my every movement, and in all honesty I was too lazy to care.

Eren Jeager

I watched (y/n) as she stared at our friends dancing and having fun. She let out a loud sigh as another song came up. I grabbed my drink and took a swig, cringing at the flavor of alcohol on my taste buds. I cleared my throat and stood up, extending my hand. She looked up at me with her (e/c) eyes.

"Wanna dance?" I asked, smiling down at her. She gave me a soft smile and nodded. She placed her hand in mine and we made our way to the dance floor.

I placed my hand on her hip and she placed hers on my shoulder. We intertwined our free hands and swayed side to side with the music. It felt like the ballroom was empty and we were the only ones dancing.

The lights were dim, casting a small amount of darkness to appear, but I could still see (y/n)'s face. Her (s/c) skin, her lips, hair, eyes. She looked amazing.

I took her hands and wrapped them around my neck as I placed my hands on her hips. She smiled up at me. Maybe it was the alcohol that made me feel this way, but she looked very kissable.

I wanted to lean in and kiss her soft lips but I knew that'd be wrong. I'm just not thinking straight.
(Y/n)'s just a close friend, nothing more!

She scooted closer to me and laid her head on my chest. I blushed madly, but held her close none the less. My heart was racing, both due to the alcohol and how close (y/n) was to me. I hope she can't hear my heart beat.

What was this feeling? Why do I feel this way? She's just a friend, and I shouldn't feel this way about her. Not only that, but she'll get in the way of my goal. If something happens to her, it'll affect me and my mission. I cant get any closer than just friends. I just can't.

I looked around the ballroom. Armin and Annie were dancing together, in a similar way (y/n) and I were. Mikasa and Suzuha had their foreheads pressed against each other, speaking some words to each other and laughing. Jean and Marco were laughing and pecking each other on the lips. Sasha and Connie were stealing left over food off of everyone's plates. Ymir and Krista were sat at a nearby table, the blonde girl resting her head on the latter's shoulder.

And then there was (y/n) and I. There was this funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. It made me feel happy, and at peace. I don't think I've ever been this content with my life since mom died. After that cruel day, I had dedicated my life to avenge her and kill all the Titans. I promised myself that I would give this caged world new light. I did it because I was born into this world. I wanted to be free.

And for some reason, I felt like I needed to dedicate myself to something else. No, someone else. Maybe when I kill all the Titans, and the world is restored, I'll give it a chance. But right now, it isn't about her. To keep her safe, I need to be distant. To keep everyone safe I need to be distant. This cruel world doesn't deserve to hurt beautiful people, and for that reason I'll keep my distance and focus on the task at hand.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed this moment for as long as possible. If you hadn't beat me up that day, we wouldn't have met. I'm not sure if I should feel happy or upset.

The funny feeling in my stomach seemed to rise up into my throat. My eyes widened as I let go of (y/n). She looked at me, confused.

"Eren? Are you okay?" She asked. I covered my mouth and ran. I could hear her call after me.

I pushed passed a waiter. I heard glass break and a small yelp. Many gasps were heard. I turned my head and saw what had happened. (Y/n) was holding her shoulder that was covered in blood. Shards of glass were surrounding her and so were our friends and some strangers.

I couldn't hold it in any longer and threw up the contents inside my stomach. Damn you alcohol.

//

Fun time over time to kill Titans :-D. I hope you liked this somewhat romantic chapter (no kiss yet sorry). Also sorry for hurting your shoulder that's my bad. And also thanks for getting me to over 200 reads so quickly! You're all great amazing people ^-^.

-a/n