14

-EDITED-

(Y/n) Ackerman

Trost had been breached. The colossal Titan had created a hole in the gate, allowing those damn Titans to get in. Are my friends okay? Is everyone okay?

"Hurry up. They need reinforcements for this shifter." Suzuha said as he slipped on his jacket. I scoffed.

"How do we know they won't turn on us?" I asked him as I slipped on my boots.

"Just trust them. They'll plug up the hole made in Trost. We just need to keep the Titan's out of the way." He said as we made our way towards the stables.

"Let's get going. We don't have all day!" Levi yelled from his horse. I hoisted myself up and followed. Commander Erwin had sent my squad and Levi's squad for reinforcements. We're two of the best squads and he trusted us to do the job and come back in one piece.

"As long as this so called shifter doesn't try to kill us, it's all fine." Emma said from beside me. I looked at her. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail and she had a stupid smile on her pale face.

"Don't die out there alright." I said. She looked at me and laughed.

"I wouldn't mind if I did (y/n). I wouldn't mind if I did."

We quickly arrived at Trost and Levi told us to engage battle with any Titans that tried to interfere with the plan. I shot myself towards a building and looked over Trost. The shifter had a large boulder balanced on their shoulders. They were slowly making their way towards the hole in the wall.

"Don't just stare (y/n). Get to work." Suzuha said as he flew off. I nodded as I began running towards the nearest Titan. I shot a wire towards its neck and sliced it up. I couldn't help but look around me.

So many soldiers from the Garrison and Trainne Corps were dying. All for this shifter. I caught a peek of messy strawberry-blonde hair in the corner of my eye. Emma was half way into a Titan's mouth. I let out a gasp and shot a wire towards the monster.

"Die you bastard!" I yelled as I striked its neck quickly. I jumped off its corps finding a frightening sight. Emma had been bitten in half. My eyes widened. We lost another comrade. I closed my eyes and saluted.

"You served well Emma Blackery." I said before flying off. I landed on a roof and continued to run towards nearby targets.

"(Y/n)!" I turned my head to see Marco running towards me.

"Have you seen Jean?" He asked, concern crossing his face. I shook my head.

"No, but I'll look for him." I said. I began to walk the opposite way before he grasped onto my sleeve.

"If anything happens to me, promise to keep him safe alright?" He said. I looked at him and nodded. We ran in opposite directions.

I saw a figure trying to strip a dead soldier of their gear. A Titan was nearing the person. My eyes widened as I realized it was Jean. I began sprinting towards the Titan, hooking my wires to its nape. I released the wires once I was close enough and spun around to strike it's vital region. The Titan fell onto the ground with me on top of it.

"Jean what are you doing?!" I asked with concern and anger ringing in my voice. He finally released the gear and hurriedly switch out his.

"My gear was malfunctioning. I decided to switch out with this guy but it was more complicated then I thought." He said. I shook my head and jumped off the giant's head.

"Come on. It's not safe on ground level." I said before going off. I could see the shifter was nearing the hole. The closer they got, the more people died to protect them. I let out a low growl and hurriedly made my way where most Titans were.

I jumped off a building and striked the nearest one, moving myself towards the next. The six meter was going for a young girl in the Garrison. I let out a battle cry and striked my blades through the Titan's skin. I helped the girl up, who repeatedly thanked me.

A loud roar erupted in Trost district. I froze in my position and looked towards the hole in the wall. The shifter forcefully pushed the boulder into the hole, causing cracks to appear around it.

Everything seemed to slow down. My ears were ringing with screams and maneuver gear movement. Then everything went still and silent.

Third Person

A flare was shot into the air by Rico Brzenska. She had tears in her eyes as she remembered her squads deaths.

"Your death was not in vain comrades." She said to herself as she looked up into the sky.

Jean looked at Eren, who had dropped once he completed his mission. This was humanities first victory against the Titans. They had won. Eren had actually done it. He hoped that everyone was okay. Especially his closest friends. Especially Marco.

Mikasa looked in awe at her brother who had pulled through with the mission. When he had almost killed her and the Garrison's special ops squad, she thought it was over. She thought there was no way he could pull through after knocking himself out cold. He almost killed her, but it was still her priority to protect her beloved brother. Now that the mission was complete, she wanted to make sure he was okay along with everyone else.

Armin watched with his mouth agape and tears filling up his eyes. The plan he had come up with only hours ago, had actually worked. Because of him, Eren was able to seal the hole, and give humanity new hope. He didn't believe it, but humanity had succeeded because of him. He managed to keep himself and his friends alive when the Garrison had threatened the three with death. He managed to get Eren to pull through and carry the boulder. He did it.

Annie, Bertholdt, and Reiner hadn't seen it when Eren sealed the hole. Annie had tears streaming down her face as she saw her friend being torn apart. Bertholdt couldn't believe what was happening. But it was all in their favor so it was okay, right? Right? Reiner was troubled as he watched his comrade being eaten. As a warrior, it shouldn't have mattered, but as a soldier, it tore his heart it half.

"Oi, why is... Marco... being eaten?"

(Y/n) drew in a small breath and stared in shock. They had done it. Humanity had won. Tears brimmed her eyes, and a small smile made its way onto her lips as she let out a laugh. Your deaths were not in vain. I can't wait to celebrate with all of them when this is all over.

Eren couldn't really process what was happening. He was exhausted, but was pretty sure that he had sealed the hole in Trost. How many died? Are my friends okay? Am I okay? Many more questions rang through his head. So much has happened in just one day. He had been eaten. He had transformed into a Titan, the beings he hated the most. He almost died, again. He found his father's basement key, and he sealed the hole in Trost. How did all this happen in one day?

On the overlook of the fight for Trost, many lives were lost, and many were badly injured. The fallen soldiers laid lifeless on the battle field. Many of them were still fighting for their lives, but it was hopeless. They'd be dead in a matter of minutes. Many of them weren't able to say goodbye to the ones they cared about. They felt weights lifted off their shoulders as they were finally at peace. They would look over the ones they cared about, no doubt. Their bodies were yet to be named. Many of their friends still believed they were alive.

Oh how cruel the world is.