16

-EDITED-

Third Person

Time Skip (after death of Sawney & Bean)

(Y/n) awoke to knocking on her door. She sat up from her bed and looked towards the window.
It was still dark. Who could be knocking this early?

She stood up and attempted to fix the mess of (h/c) hair on her head. She opened the door to see Hanji with a big grin on her face. This can't be good..

"Good morning (y/n)! I hope you slept well!" She exclaimed. (Y/n) forced up a smile. It's not that she didn't like Hanji or enjoy doing experiments with her, it's just that she felt a bit lost after her friends death. Not only that, but she would most likely not see Jean again since his goal was to join the damned Military Police.

"I woke you pretty early so we could run some experiments with our new cadet. The shifter." Hanji said. (Y/n) nodded for her to continue. (Y/n) never got the chance to meet the new cadet, since she was busy training. If she stopped to think for even a second, her mind would wander to dark places. She needed to be moving at all times, sleep being an exception.

"I'll give you time to get ready. Meet me in the courtyard and we'll go from there." Hanji said before closing the door. (Y/n) sighed and quickly took a shower. She put on her uniform and buttoned up her cloak. She pulled up her knee high boots and fixed up her bed head.

Meanwhile, Hanji, Eren, and Moblit were waiting in the court yard. Hanji was talking over all the experiments they were going to do today with Eren. Eren was a bit scared for the experiments, but he kept calm. Not long after, (y/n) came running into the court yard.

"Sorry if I made you wait Hanji." She said. Hanji waved her off and laughed.

"No biggie (y/n)! Anyway, this is our new cadet, Eren Jeager from the 104." Hanji said.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened at her friends name. Eren? He's the shifter?

Eren sheepishly waved at (y/n), but she didn't return the favor. She had finally found someone to blame for Marco's and Emma's death. Her eye twitched as she gave him a death glare. If you had just plugged the damn hole faster, if you hadn't knocked your stupid self out, they wouldn't be dead! We wouldn't have as much casualties as we do now!

"Let's just get on with the experiments." (Y/n) said, giving a cold shoulder to Eren. Eren looked at her confused. He couldn't comprehend why (y/n) was so upset. Then again, he had yet to know about Marco.

Hanji directed them to their horses and said they'd be riding to a nearby area. Only a few miles away. In a few minutes, the four reached a field with picnic tables, trees, and an empty well. The sun was beginning to rise, giving off an orange glow to the field.

"Alright Eren, all I want you to do is to go into that empty well right here and transform into your Titan." Hanji said leading him into the well. Hanji safely placed him inside the well and handed (y/n) a notepad.

"Be prepared to record anything that happens (y/n). Here Moblit, you'll be in charge of drawing out his features." Hanji said. Hanji yelled at Eren to transform. The three waited for a while, but nothing happened.

"That's strange. Did he hear me?" Hanji asked herself as she began walking towards the well. Hanji peered down the well and let out a small gasp. Eren was covered in bite marks and blood. His eyes were wide and he looked stunned.

"Eren! Are you okay?! We'll get you out just stay calm!" Hanji exclaimed. Eren was confused as to why he wasn't transforming into his Titan. He had successfully done it twice, so what's the difference now? Why couldn't he transform?