22

-EDITED-

(Y/n) Ackerman

After Jean had his horse come back with Krista, we headed towards the large trees up ahead. We had to keep Titans away from the forest, but Erwin never explained why.

Minutes quickly flew by as I looked down at the disgusting monsters trying to climb their way up the trees. I was completely clueless as to what was happening in this forest. I knew Levi, Eren, my squad and Levi's squad was in there, and for all I know, that bitch from earlier could be in there too. I shivered at the thought, and attempted to calm my nerves.

Eren Jeager

I watched as the skinless female continued to take down soldiers. I recognized them too. Dan Howell was the first to hit the ground, then it was Jaiden Ari. Lastly was Dominic Pikes, who died such a terrible death.

I squeezed my eyes shut and turned away. I already made my decision. I have to trust Levi's squad. I have to go forward. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!

We rode past something, but everything was going so fast that I couldn't completely see what it was. The last I remember were arrows being fired at the monster. Levi instructed us to continue riding until we reached the end to tie up our horses and switch to our gear, so we did.

(Y/n) Ackerman

No more than a few minutes had passed when loud screech was heard from inside the forest. My eyes widened as I heard the roar. Could it have been what we saw earlier?

The Titans around the trees started running inside. My eyes widened at the sight. "What the hell is this? They're all going in!" Jean spoke.

"I have to check it out." I said. Sasha grasped on to my sleeve. She was crouched on the bottom of the tree branch, shaking like crazy.

"That's not a regular roar. I've lived in the mountains all my life (y/n), and a sound like that is one of a dying animal, one who's got nothing to lose!" Sasha exclaimed now standing up.

"Right. I'll be careful." I responded. Sasha shook her head.

"That's not the right attitude! You have to be terrified!"

"Believe me, I am." I said. Sasha's instincts where always dead on. She knew what was about to happen before all hell broke lose. I'd never put my trust on predictions like that on anyone else.

-

Eren Jeager

"You see Eren, if you trust in us we can get the job done!" Petra said. I gave her a small smile and nodded.

"I shouldn't doubt my squad ever again. You're all amazing." I said. We continued light chatter until Gunther turned his head to a cloaked figure.

"Hey is that Captain Levi? Captain Levi over he-" My eyes widened as I watched Gunther fall limp, dangling from a tree. His nape had been sliced open, much like a Titan.

"Gunther!" Petra exclaimed. A large flash was seen, and before we knew it, the Female Titan from earlier was running towards us. My eyes widened as I turned myself around, ready to fight.

"Eren, get away from here! We got this!" Eld yelled toward me. I shook my head. "I-I need to transform. Now!" I yelled at them.

"You just said you wouldn't doubt us boy! Don't be a hypocrite." Oluo said from beside me. Petra nodded her head as well.

"Trust us Eren." She said with sincere eyes. I clenched my eyes shut and took in a deep breath.

"Alright. I trust you. Do your best!" I said. They nodded at me and gave me a confident smile.

I turned my back to them and hoped everything would turn out well. I would occasionally turn my head over my shoulder, watching them battle the Titan perfectly, and shout directions at each other. Sometimes it seemed like they could read each other's minds and coordinate attacks without speaking. How could they stay so strong after their close friend and comrade died in front of their eyes? How are they being so rational? I couldn't even do that when Thomas had died..

"Now!" I turned my head to see Eld aiming for the nape of the Titan. Just as he was nearing the target, the female Titan's eye shot open, and it bit him in half, spitting out the remains.

My eyes widened, along with Petra and Oluo. Fear washed over my face as Oluo yelled at Petra to make it back up. I couldn't look away. I watched as the Titan smashed her into a tree. Oluo tried to attack, but he was killed off along with everyone else.

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. My eyes looked at everyone, remembering the memories we shared, even if it wasn't much.

"I-I'm.."

Gunther, Eld, Petra, Oluo...Why? It's my fault.. I should've transformed back then. If I did they still would've been alive...

"I-I'm gonna...."

It's my fault.. I'm sorry, everyone..

"I-I'm gonna....kill you!"

(Y/n) Ackerman

I couldn't believe what my eyes had seen. I was flying towards where I heard the loud noise, only to be shown multiple deceased comrades.

I passed by Dan, Jaiden and Dom. My entire squad... I frantically looked around. Suzuha was in the front lines as well. Where is he? Is he okay? Please let him be okay...

Deeper into the forest I found him. He was clutching his side, that was bleeding like crazy. Even if he was farther from me, I could still see he was alive. I made a quick turn and dropped to the ground, running towards him.

"Suzuha!" I exclaimed. He slowly opened his clutched eyes and looked at me. Tears pricked my eyes as I watched my friend in pain.

"I-I'm okay.." he said. I shook my head, telling him I had to get him back to the entrance or Erwin or somewhere safer than this. He told me to continue with what I was doing and that he'd be okay. I obliged.

My vision had been impacted due to the tears in my eyes. I passed by something, a dangling body. "G-Gunther?" I choked out.

Eld and Oluo where lying on the ground, their eyes wide open with blood spilling out of their open mouths. My eyes stopped on the red haired girl.

Petra had been pressed against a tree, her entire back and neck broken. She looked directly up at the sky with dull hazel eyes. Her red hair was stuck on her face with the blood. The air swiftly moved the rest of her hair side to side. Nothing moved. Everything was silent.

Eren.

I brought myself back to reality. I used more of my gas to make myself accelerate. Eren... where is he? Is he alive? Please be alive..

I saw a glimpse of a headless Titan and the Female one from earlier between trees. I made a quick turn, just in time to see Eren's nape being ripped off.

"Eren!" I exclaimed. His eyes where open, but he wasn't responsive. Tears spilled down my face as I saw the monster bite him out of the Titan's nape, and swallow him.

My hands that held my blades where shaking. My mind was fogged with memories, some that I didn't even live through. Voices of people I didn't know filled my ears. The forest was silent, save the footsteps of the Female Titan.

My goal is to kill all of them.

No hard feelings!

She's at it again Levi.

She's special! Can't you see!

She's probably the daughter of some prostitute.

What a waste of life.

Burn everything you love then burn their ashes.

My eyes widened. The shaking stopped. Everything was more clear. Every sound, louder than it was before. My senses where awake, my strength was awake. I knew what to do.

Light em up.