20

-EDITED-

Third Person

"The 57th expedition begins now! Forward!"

The soldiers headed out the gates. Everyone from the 104 were nervous. Even Mikasa worried a bit. Sasha looked at the Titan near by. She let out a small terrified squeal.

"Sasha! Focus your eyes ahead of you! The cover team has us until we leave the abandoned city!" The soldier beside her yelled. He grasped her head and turned it forwards.

Dan was also apart of the cover team. Lately he had been dazed and unfocused in training. Today was no different. He felt off without his best friend with him. Damnit. Why didn't I join the Military Police. I'm not cut out for this!

He aimed his swords at the Titan's nape. He cut through but it wasn't deep enough. "Damnit! Don't let it touch the formation!" He yelled at his fellow soldiers.

The regiment quickly made it through the abandoned city. Erwin raised his arm and ordered to spread into formation.

"Later Armin." Reiner said as he separated to the right.

"Don't piss your pants if you see any Titans." Jean said before departing as well. Armin nodded.

"You too Jean."

(Y/n) looked at Armin with strict eyes. "Don't die out there." She said before leaving as well.

Armin nodded at her and whispered to himself. "That goes for you too."

All of Armin's senses were tingling. He was aware of everything around him. The breeze in his face, the birds flying in the sky, his horse's heavy breaths. Everything. He took in a sharp breath and reassured himself. Calm down. Everything's okay.

Sasha was on edge. She wasn't her carefree self out here. She couldn't be. She looked at the buildings that she passed by. Anything could be hiding behind them. And sure enough, there was. A Titan jumped at her from behind a building. She let out a screech and steered away.

"Red flare, red flare, red fla- NO!" The container flew out of her palms. She looked behind her. The abnormal was coming closer, and the container was crushed behind.

"Sasha! Over here!" Sasha turned her head sharply to see two soldiers. One of them shot a flare in the air. Sasha looked around and quickly steered her horse towards the soldiers.

"You escape! I'll lead it away!" One of them said. He quickly led the horse towards a large tree, making the monster follow and crash into it.

"S-Sir!" Sasha exclaimed out of breath. The soldier ordered her back to her position, and to be alert at all costs.

On the other side, Armin had encountered another abnormal at a far distance. Luckily Ness and Shis were there to stop it in a matter of seconds.

"You did it, Sargent Ness!" Armin exclaimed. Ness' horse returned and he hoped back on. "Such a good horse. I love you Shallot!"

Armin's eyes averted to the side, where he saw a Titan.... sprinting. Armin shot up a black flare. "What the hell. It's too fast." He mumbled to himself.

"Don't let it get in Arlert's path, Shis!" Ness commanded. "Yes sir!" Shis aimed his hook onto the Titan's arm, letting out a battle cry before going at its nape. The Titan knocked him aside, killing him instantly.

Armin's eyes widened as the next scene unfolded. Ness had attacked as well, but before his hook could reach the Titan, it had grabbed it and thrown him down forcefully. Armin watched the Titan in horror. Seconds passed before the abnormal began sprinting towards him.

"No it's different. It's not just an abnormal. It's intelligent. Like the colossal Titan. Like the Armored Titan and like Eren. It's a human inside a Titan's body!"

"But who? Why? What should I do? I'm gonna get killed!" Armin exclaimed. He looked at the reigns of the horse he was holding onto.

"Get away! Run!" He yelled as he let go of the reigns. The Titan jumped over Armin. He looked up. What does it... no. What do they want?

The Titan landed a foot in front of Armin, making him fall backwards off his horse. Armin covered his head as he felt the ground shake. The hood from his cape was being lifted off of his head. Armin slowly looked up at the monstrous beast who had killed two soldiers easily.

He recognized the Titan's features. Mostly it's eyes. I've seen those I eyes. I know those eyes. The Titan slowly stood and looked to the side, before running off.

Armin watched it, confused. His thoughts were soon cut off by horse hooves and shouting voices.

"Armin! Are you okay!?"

//

Alright somewhat longer chapter here! I'm really excited to write this arc. It's always fun to write about the Female Titan ^-^. I hope you enjoyed the somewhat cliffhanger, and the chapter in general. Thank you for all the support you've all been giving! It makes me smile everyday believe it or not! I hope you all have a nice day and I'll see you next time!

-a/n