EIGHT ⚡️ FLASHBACKS

I don't own anything but original characters and my original plot.

⚡️

Chapter 8 - Flashbacks

⚡️

"I DID NOT ASK FOR THE THINGS I'VE BEEN THROUGH, AND I CERTAINLY DID NOT ASK MY MIND TO PAINT AND REPAINT THE PICTURES IN FLASHBACK FORM

"I DID NOT ASK FOR THE THINGS I'VE BEEN THROUGH, AND I CERTAINLY DID NOT ASK MY MIND TO PAINT AND REPAINT THE PICTURES IN FLASHBACK FORM."

"All the security systems have been upgraded, and no access panels are able to be accessed by you, we've made sure of that. Surveillance is going to be on you twenty four seven, and you are not to leave the cave without at least two members of the team and a hidden inhibitor collar." Batman stepped forward and placed a bracelet on my wrist, "And you will wear this at all hours."

"What's this?" I asked, holding her hand out in front of her. The bracelet was a simple metal strip without a few red circles along it, blinking systematically.

"A smaller version of the inhibitor collar, it will limit your powers, making you unable to kill and or harm someone, but still be able to defend yourself. It's extremely intuitive, so it will understand the situation and regulate you power use based on that."

"Makes sense," I shrugged, brushing some dust off of the dresser in her room. The layer was so thick that instead of the dust blending into the air, it fell to the ground in clumps.

"You will be temporarily staying here until we find a more suitable place for you," Batman continued.

"Because staying in a cave constantly full of heroes isn't enough?" I asked sarcastically, pulling the drawer open. All of the clothes would be too small for me, but they were still there.

"No," Batman deadpanned, turning around, "You escaped once while staying here, it could happen again."

"Thank you Bruce," I called after him before he could leave, "You could have just locked me away for the rest of my life. I appreciate this chance."

"You saved the team's lives twice, the least I could do is give you a chance to redeem yours," he gave me a nod, "Besides, I believe that you feel remorse. The lives you've taken will haunt you. You may not realize it now, but that'll be punishment enough."

The door swished shut as he left. Thinking over his words, I turned back to my room. He was right. I kept track of how many I killed, who they were, what they could have done for the world. Never, would I be able to give them their lives back, and it was always on my mind.

Shaking my head, I focused my attention. Everything was just the way I left it. For the most part at least. A few of the figurines on her dresser were moved around, the notebooks and papers from my desk were missing, and so was the necklace that went to my music box.

"Wally has it," the door slid open again. It was Dick, "He took it the last time you helped us out. I'm sure he'll give it back when you get your music box back."