THIRTEEN ⚡️ ALLOWANCE

I don't own anything but original characters I may add.

⚡️

Chapter 13 - Allowance

⚡️

"LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT STUPID THINGS

"LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT STUPID THINGS. HAVE FUN. REGRET NOTHING, AND DON'T LET PEOPLE BRING YOU DOWN."

"Welcome to Wayne Manor, Miss. (L/n). I am Alfred Pennyworth, the manor's butler. I'll be one of the people watching over you during your time here."

"Lovely to meet you Mr. Pennyworth, I've heard stories about how awesome you are," I greeted semi-formally, shaking his hand, excited to meet the legendary Alfred who all the Batkids feared, "I don't want to strain you. I can take my bag to my room. I only have one after all."

"Your politeness is refreshing," Alfred pointedly looked at Bruce and Richard who were standing behind me. They exchanged nervous glances and smiled sheepishly, "I'll be more than happy to show you to your room."

Stepping inside the elusive, and gigantic Wayne Manor, I held back a gasp while observing the grandeur of the entrance, "Thank you. How is it? Working for the Bat Family?"

"Hardest job I've ever had to do in my life," Alfred sighed tiredly, making me laugh. I couldn't imagine having to deal with all the Batkids, each one worse than the next.

The farther we walked into the home the more I picked up on the atmosphere. It was... cheerful, happy. Definitely not the gothic, dark atmosphere I was expecting from the Batman. That cheer had to come from Richard and Tim. Kids- young and old- always brought up the atmosphere of a place.

"Can I get a map?" I questioned, taking note of how many hallways branched off of the main room, "Maybe some bread crumbs?"

"Haha," Richard said flatly, stopping at the end of the stairs while Alfred and I continued to walk up, "One week and you'll get used to it. You're next to Tim."

Up the stairs, two rights, and we made it to a hallway with four doors. Probably one of the Bat Kids hallways. So many went in an out that there had to be another hallways with more rooms.

"The bathroom on the end is yours," Alfred pointed out the last room on the left, then at the room just across from it, "That's your room."

Opening the door to my room, I held back a gasp and favored staring in silence instead. It was amazing, more modern than I gave the rest of the house credit for, but it held the classic coziness that the living room held. Stepping inside, I set my bag at the foot of the bed.

"A bit bright, don't you think?" I asked jokingly, motioning to the blackout curtains over the windows and the tan toned walls.

Alfred sighed tiredly, "I already deal with one vampire, Miss. Follow along, I'll show you your bathroom."